Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Acne has caused me to become such an unsocial hermit. In the past 3 years, I've gone to one party, kissed 0 girls, had 0 valentines, had 0 compliments from any girl, an just came home and sat inside every day. I never hang out with friends. Even worse, when my friends actually want to be seen out in public with me, my parents wont let me go. Highschool is supposed to be about memories, and fun times. Instead, I have no memories at all.

Every single weekend my friends are out, and come back on Monday with stories, while I instead did nothing. Last weekend they all went to see Paranormal Activity at a midnight showing and then to Denny's and then just hung out until morning. I asked if I could go, parents said no.

Why is life so difficult? My mom came in to find me crying last night, and she asked whats wrong. I told her I was tired of being a loser who does nothing. She tried to say that I have plenty of oppurtunities to go out. But just the other day when I asked her to let me go out, she said no. Then this weekend everyone is going to Knott's Scary Farm. Can't go either.

I'm losing all social skills, and I'm scared of what my life is going to be like. When I look in the mirror, I honestly can't see myself in the future. I see no future for me.

Firstly how old are you? Secondly if you think your of age you should literally just say im going out be more forceful and try to talk to them to get them to understand your suffering and not enjoying your childhood.Try and relate to your parents lives and their childhoods (what they did/ if they did or not) as an arguement if you see what i mean.

Acne is by no means helps socially but to deprive your social because of other reasons aka not being allowed to go out is just not far!

Don't be harsh on yourself. Change your ways. Its not too late

Good Luck ;)

ugg that just makes me so mad! I dont understand why people have to go through what you are! I really want to be friends with you....if only I knew who the people like you are I would talk to them and try to be there friend. I know what you are going through, Im hoping it in my past now because right know things are going pretty good for me. Pray.

Life is difficult. If it wasn't, it wouldn't be life. I know what it's like to not be able to go anywhere - my parents are probably the most lazy creatures on this planet. They're always too "busy". :rolleyes: ie talking on the phone with their boyfriend/girlfriend.

I have to get rides anywhere and I feel like such a burden.

Maybe you should ask your parents for a curfew. Tell them you'll come home by whatever time they find appropriate, you'll call them every few hours or so, and arrange rides if they can't pick you up/drop you off. In most cases, they're just trying to protect you. Earn their trust and show them you'll let them know you'll be okay.

Once you go out, you'll forget about your skin. Trust me. Worrying about it will only make your skin worse if anything, so let loose and have fun! In the moment, that's what it's all about. When I go out I barely think of my skin.

I've never been kissed, haven't gone to any parties, guys usually stray away from me, and I'm very socially awkward when with one person. Which would, if I ever managed to land one, would keep me from going on a date.

You aren't alone on this! Sometimes it just takes some negotiation and some confidence. It is possible to achieve anything if you try hard enough.