Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bjohnson88

Acne No More - Mike Walden

Hello,

I recently purchased the Acne No More e-book by Mike Walden, and have read about half of it so far. If you aren't familiar with it, it is based on a 6-8 week program in which drastic diet changes are made, liver/kidney/colon flushes are done, etc etc. It stresses holistic health, exercise, proper eating, daily skin care, etc.

I am wondering if anyone has tried this program? I found almost nothing on past threads the message boards about the program. I like the idea, and think holistic is the best way to go. After reading the threads on Accutane pro's and con's, I hope nobody takes that route. Scary scary stuff.

Anyone have any thoughts or tips? Any success on the program? Bad results? Good results?

Thanks for your time!

its good to be healthy, so it sounds worth while giving it a shot, but make sure you still eat what your body needs, and dont change to a drastically new diet straight away, incremental changes will make it easier on your body :)

its good to be healthy, so it sounds worth while giving it a shot, but make sure you still eat what your body needs, and dont change to a drastically new diet straight away, incremental changes will make it easier on your body :)

It definitely makes sense...I'm suprised no one else really knows about the program. Mind you, there are probably another 200 of them online...

He also touches on food allergies, which can also be a key. If we are allergic to specific foods, it will create an imbalance in the body, and the body needs to quickly expel those toxins, which will normally happen through the skin...obviously the body's largest organ.

I have been slowly changing for awhile, with no results, but I haven't eliminated some of the problem foods he talks about....gluten grains, egg whites, red meats, etc. The body can get almost all it needs from things like whole grains, vegetables, fruits, nuts, etc. Makes sense as to why people in 3rd world countries have tremendously fewer cases of acne compared to use living in Western civilization.

If anyone has heard/tried the system, please don't be afraid to post!

i bought it, but decided that i'd prefer to live a little with acne than sacrifice all of life's luxuries as he suggests

Ive tried this whole holistic avoiding every good food there is basically and it is to me just as stressful and emotionally draining as having acne is. Acne already controls my life as it is, and having food phobia on top of it does not help especially when you try it for 3+ months and do not get the results that you need since you still breakout.

Not only that but it was to expensive for me to make these meals for lunch and dinner everyday and got very tiring, especially losing all sorts of weight since most of the foods, gluten, soy, sugar, and dairy free did not hold much calories. Only cooked chicken or beef was calorie dense.

I started adding more foods back in, i was becoming to damn skinny and i am breaking out a lil more now but whatever, i think im screwed with acne forever anyway. I am just trying to learn to accept myself as a fucked up acne face. Ill just keep spot treating with benzaclin as i go along.

Everyone says oh its so easy to maintain calories eating only veggies, fruits, and some meats. I never understood that, unless you have time all day to constantly prepare meals and eat in which i do not.

I bought the program "Clear for Life" by Seppo Puusa. It basically talked about the same holistic approach and what to eat and avoid, sleep, exercise, sunlight, etc. I was doing all that and still got acne. So i look at it like this in the end, if i am going to continue to get acne, i might as well eat what the fuck i want then and be happy at least on that side of it. At least i can get the weight back i deseperatly need and workout again like i use too.

Sorry for the rant but had to get it off my chest;)

Hello,

I recently purchased the Acne No More e-book by Mike Walden, and have read about half of it so far. If you aren't familiar with it, it is based on a 6-8 week program in which drastic diet changes are made, liver/kidney/colon flushes are done, etc etc. It stresses holistic health, exercise, proper eating, daily skin care, etc.

I am wondering if anyone has tried this program? I found almost nothing on past threads the message boards about the program. I like the idea, and think holistic is the best way to go. After reading the threads on Accutane pro's and con's, I hope nobody takes that route. Scary scary stuff.

Anyone have any thoughts or tips? Any success on the program? Bad results? Good results?

Thanks for your time!

Hi bjohnson88

would you mind to send me a copy?

i would appreciate it highly.

if yes,just give me a reply and i will send you my e mail address.

best wishes

I've tried nutrition and health and got good results. Didn't need to follow any of these programs.

And I don't get this attitude that not eating crap imitation food lowers your happiness and quality of life somehow. I'm quite happy. But good luck to you later in life when you are sickly and decrepit.

I've tried nutrition and health and got good results. Didn't need to follow any of these programs.

And I don't get this attitude that not eating crap imitation food lowers your happiness and quality of life somehow. I'm quite happy. But good luck to you later in life when you are sickly and decrepit.

Agreed. If you need food to enjoy your life, you've got more problems than one.

Because like i mentioned before, a lot of us im sure would love to be able to eat straight healthy foods all the time, but some of us that dont have that luxury due to certain jobs all week. Like for me, being in military i dont have time to cook meals at lunch or breakfast, i have to eat quick and easy made foods that is readily available.

Food is life, why wouldnt cause depression for some? Think about it.

Because like i mentioned before, a lot of us im sure would love to be able to eat straight healthy foods all the time, but some of us that dont have that luxury due to certain jobs all week. Like for me, being in military i dont have time to cook meals at lunch or breakfast, i have to eat quick and easy made foods that is readily available.

Food sustains life. It should not BE your life and if food is a primary source of someone's happiness, then the would seem to have a bad addiction and probably some emotional issues to begin with. Sure, food makes us happy. Just look at some chefs out there. This does not imply that one should rely on food as a source of happiness. For instance, I'm giving up my long time coffee addiction. If you asked anyone I knew, you'd know the sheer joy I got from drinking the stuff. I haven't had coffee in quite a while. It has yet to impede my happiness.

Nobody said it would be easy eating healthier in, perhaps, your circumstances. That's hardly a good excuse NOT to eat healthy. You can prepare things ahead of time so that in the morning, you can grab and go. It doesn't take more than a few minutes to throw together a good salad. Just chuck some spinach leaves and your favorite veggies into container and carry it to work. It's also not that difficult to grab a ziplock bag with some broccoli florets or carrots. And depending on your diet, eating some whole grain bread with almond butter doesn't take that much time, either. You could try what I, and lots of other people do if you like eggs. Buy a carton. Boil all of the eggs and put them back into the carton. I even crack a few and stick them into plastic bags so I can grab and go in the mornings.

"Eat to live. Don't live to eat."

Food sustains life. It should not BE your life and if food is a primary source of someone's happiness, then the would seem to have a bad addiction and probably some emotional issues to begin with. Sure, food makes us happy. Just look at some chefs out there. This does not imply that one should rely on food as a source of happiness. For instance, I'm giving up my long time coffee addiction. If you asked anyone I knew, you'd know the sheer joy I got from drinking the stuff. I haven't had coffee in quite a while. It has yet to impede my happiness.

Nobody said it would be easy eating healthier in, perhaps, your circumstances. That's hardly a good excuse NOT to eat healthy. You can prepare things ahead of time so that in the morning, you can grab and go. It doesn't take more than a few minutes to throw together a good salad. Just chuck some spinach leaves and your favorite veggies into container and carry it to work. It's also not that difficult to grab a ziplock bag with some broccoli florets or carrots. And depending on your diet, eating some whole grain bread with almond butter doesn't take that much time, either. You could try what I, and lots of other people do if you like eggs. Buy a carton. Boil all of the eggs and put them back into the carton. I even crack a few and stick them into plastic bags so I can grab and go in the mornings.

I am not saying food is my life, but its a big part of it due to the fact it really portrays a lot of consequences and outcomes in your life, one of course for some being the one we hate most ACNE. As for some it can become a major part of their lives if it involves getting cleared up.

I have prepared healthy non processed meals at home for lunch and breakfast the next day for work for about 3 months and to me it was stressful and depressing especially when i was still breaking out. I guess i would have been a bit happier if i could have gotten clear doing that, but at the same time i was losing to much weight. I was average weight to begin with and eating fruits in veggies only in morn and lunch was very low on calorie intake. Even if i had eggs on the side that still wouldnt be enough. I kept losing and losing just for the sake of acne and that lead to being less and less happy.

I am just saying the foods you have to constantly avoid in fear of acne makes a lot of us depressed, because we were one time spoilt on eating whatever we wanted and didnt have to worry about it. This in turn develops food phobia, as it did for me. The social outings with friends is a big killer. I mean how fun is it to say no cant go out to eat with you cause i got to cook this fish fillet at home with salad and rice on the side sprinkled in lemon juice all the time? Once again food being cause for depression and missing out on having fun with your friends.

Also this shit isnt exactly free either, eating healthier means more money. I use to spend close to 200 dollars a week buying all the healthy food possible, pretty much excluding all processed foods, and it would just last me a week to eat. It is quite heavy on the pocket book and i can not afford spending that much in groceries every week.

Damn G, you turn everything into a big argument.

I don't think that's what she meant, I am really sure alternativista enjoys every bit of her food. I need food to enjoy my life, that doesn't mean anything.

No she was agreeing with alternativista, and disagreeing with what i said about food is life.

I bought an e-book similar to that.

It's all logical and I am still following it.

The hardest part is the diet part... i'm still struggling and slip up but man like Warren Buffet says..

"CHAINS OF HABIT ARE TOO LIGHT TO BE FELT, UNTIL THEY ARE TOO HEAVY TO BE BROKEN.."

I hope that motivates you..

You are what you eat don't listen to the impatient people that posted on this thead so far..

they just weak.. acne teaches you self discipline. good luck.

I am just saying the foods you have to constantly avoid in fear of acne makes a lot of us depressed,

Just so. The problem is that there isn't the slightest scientific evidence that any of the dozens of opinions about what might be a "healthy" diet can cure acne. As these boards repeatedly show, many many people have tried one of these faddish definitions of "healthy eating" only to find their acne was no better or even worse.

Of course, if there was a precise eating prescription that clearly and definitively cured acne, then most people would move heaven and earth to do that. There isn't. So instead, people try all sorts of diet changes (often more and more extreme) and chase random correlations that have nothing to do with causation and, in the end, they grasp that their actions do not reliably affect their acne, so of course that is depressing. Decoupling actions from results is a reliable way to induce depression in dogs, and it works just fine in humans too.

Like all disease processes, acne is just chemistry. It's unfortunate that some people lucky enough to have eliminated their own acne (most likely via a program that includes actions they are not even aware of) have to transform this into a morality tale, where there's One True Way of Eating, and having acne is therefore implicit proof that you're a bad person for not following someone else's food religion. Providing details of what (you think!) cured you is helpful, as it offers ideas for others who are looking for experiments to try. Preaching never helps anybody.

I don't think that's what she meant, I am really sure alternativista enjoys every bit of her food. I need food to enjoy my life, that doesn't mean anything.

I offer my opinion. How people decide to TAKE my opinion and RESPOND to it is out of my control. I wasn't addressing anybody in specific.

If people don't agree, nobody's forcing them to respond.

You can enjoy your food. It's one of life's pleasures. However, I still don't think eating food should be a main source of your life's happiness. This is my personal opinion that I have opted to express. Nobody has to agree with it.

Besides, we aren't arguing. We have engaging in discussion, which is good for the mind.

Edited by gMARIAs

I am not saying food is my life, but its a big part of it due to the fact it really portrays a lot of consequences and outcomes in your life, one of course for some being the one we hate most ACNE. As for some it can become a major part of their lives if it involves getting cleared up.

I have prepared healthy non processed meals at home for lunch and breakfast the next day for work for about 3 months and to me it was stressful and depressing especially when i was still breaking out. I guess i would have been a bit happier if i could have gotten clear doing that, but at the same time i was losing to much weight. I was average weight to begin with and eating fruits in veggies only in morn and lunch was very low on calorie intake. Even if i had eggs on the side that still wouldnt be enough. I kept losing and losing just for the sake of acne and that lead to being less and less happy.

I am just saying the foods you have to constantly avoid in fear of acne makes a lot of us depressed, because we were one time spoilt on eating whatever we wanted and didnt have to worry about it. This in turn develops food phobia, as it did for me. The social outings with friends is a big killer. I mean how fun is it to say no cant go out to eat with you cause i got to cook this fish fillet at home with salad and rice on the side sprinkled in lemon juice all the time? Once again food being cause for depression and missing out on having fun with your friends.

Also this shit isnt exactly free either, eating healthier means more money. I use to spend close to 200 dollars a week buying all the healthy food possible, pretty much excluding all processed foods, and it would just last me a week to eat. It is quite heavy on the pocket book and i can not afford spending that much in groceries every week.

Then perhaps we've misunderstood one another. I understand how it can stress someone out to avoid foods in situations. I don't disagree with that at all. I do feel it's possible to maintain a healthy weight and gain it if necessary, though I'd imagine one eating a lot of meats and veggies - A LOT. No, this isn't necessarily cheap, but very possible.

What I AM trying to get across is that food should not be a main source for your purpose in life or your happiness. Switching from a junk food diet to a purely healthy one that may not taste as good should not upset the balance of your overall contentment. The problem is that society places far too much social emphasis on food. Our social structures often revolve around consumption of things that we most likely do not need. Perhaps you can influence your friends, however.

I know it isn't cheap, but you don't really HAVE to buy all of the expensive organic stuff. I was spending about $200 - $250 a month on my food to feed myself AND my boyfriend, who eats like you wouldn't believe. We bought lots of bulk meat - which can really save a pretty penny, in addition to weekly veggies (and fruits for him). We would also buy tons of whole grain bread, brown rice and so on.

If you honestly cannot afford to eat like that and are simply that concerned with your weight more than your acne, then don't worry about it. You can still have carbs. At least just make sure they're healthy ones.

Food should not run your life nor should it be the main component for contentment. It should merely sustain you.

Hi .....for those who purchased Mike walden's system, may i know your progress now ? because i just purchased it few days ago...hope it also works for me...

... Switching from a junk food diet to a purely healthy one that may not taste as good ...
My taste buds disagree with that. Junk food is all addiction, nothing more. Eating real food is sooooo much more satisfying!

I have never heard of this specific program or that guy- could you describe it in a little more detail?

i tried it, kidney cleanse with milk thistle and cleanse with lemons and olive oil... things came out and i feel healthier but did absolutely nothing for my acne.

Edited by lareznar