Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Okay, so since started my regimen I have seen the most improvement I've seen since I started getting acne. All my white heads have gone away and the 2 cysts I had are also gone. Soon as I started taking my regimen every morning I woke up there would be 0 new whiteheads, I was completely shocked. So for the past few days I've come to the conclusion that I won't be getting them for a while( Knocks on wood). The red marks aren't really that bad and I know they will fade very soon so I'm not really worried about those. What I am worried about is that my skin is still has an uneven texture, black heads, and it seems that I still have pimples under my skin that have been there for ages but only I could see em.

I really don't want to use BP or a BHA. I know I could use Dan's AHA, glycolic acid, and mandelic acid. But is there really anything else out there? I kinda need something to get deep down in the pores and get that crap out, make my whole face an even texure and get all that blackheads out of my nose. Help?

hey i'm happy that regimen is working so well for you. I started it too but i couldn't exactly find everything i need yet so i have to go to GNC soon and get it like you said. And did the regimen help with actually fighting the acne or just preventing it. I mean i'm half assing the regimen right now and im broke out again. And when u say 1000mg of Vitamin E how much I.U. is that because mine is 200 I.U. per pill and doesnt say mg.

And i heard castor oil can get crap out of your face and you can also try a homemade niacinamide topical u make with the pills. I hear you can mix it fix aloe or anything like lotion and it works really well at not only fighting acne but lightening skin. And you can do the urine therapy lmaoo (But I personally am never doing that because that just sounds gross no matter how much it helps) And just try some natural things like witch hazel or ACV, lemon and baking soda and what not.

hey i'm happy that regimen is working so well for you. I started it too but i couldn't exactly find everything i need yet so i have to go to GNC soon and get it like you said. And did the regimen help with actually fighting the acne or just preventing it. I mean i'm half assing the regimen right now and im broke out again. And when u say 1000mg of Vitamin E how much I.U. is that because mine is 200 I.U. per pill and doesnt say mg.

And i heard castor oil can get crap out of your face and you can also try a homemade niacinamide topical u make with the pills. I hear you can mix it fix aloe or anything like lotion and it works really well at not only fighting acne but lightening skin. And you can do the urine therapy lmaoo (But I personally am never doing that because that just sounds gross no matter how much it helps) And just try some natural things like witch hazel or ACV, lemon and baking soda and what not.

Yeah, I got basically all my products from GNC. I don't know how much I.U. it is cause I just bought the GNC Vitamin E capsules but 200 I.U. sounds very little to me because I take Vitamin A pills and each one is 10,000 I.U. and there pretty tiny. Thanks for the suggestions I'll defiantly will like to check those out. I was looking for something natural anyway. I've been reading stuff on skindeep.com and scary how much bad chemicals there are in most products.

EDIT: LOL I read the wrong thing on my bottle but it actually does say in I.U. it's 400 so take 2 of those.

Edited by Deadmau5

deadmau5 how long you been on your vitamin regime?

i have seen slight improvement using

vit a 1500 iu twice a day

multi vit

zinc 22mg twice per day

aloe vera 200000iu

yet i still get nodules. in fact ive seen 3 on my chin in the last 3 days. i really dont know what is happening and im getting fed up

maybe i should take the same as you.

a week so far. No new white heads for the entire week. All the white heads I did have all dried up and are were gone within 3 days. The only acne left is now under the skin and its been there forever + black heads on my nose lol. But I think biggest results will be seen in a another 2 weeks.

how much did everything cost in total? Because i live in a rich area (Althought im not rich) and everything is overpriced. I mean the goddam bagels at this place are 5 bucks.

Well you can order from the GNC website. I got everything around $100 CAD. Most expensive stuff was the liopic acid and the chromium (in picolinate form).

Ah yes, the chromium. So you're continuing to take the allegedly obscene dose of 1000mg?

How long do you have to do the regimen for, by the way?

Oh, and I do kind of eat breakfast. I didn't for years, but I know it's only beneficial if I do, so I at least have a piece of fruit these days. I'm hoping yoghurt is fatty enough to go well with my lovely morning Accutane so that I don't seriously have to resort to the temptingly priced cheese bagels ($1.50 fresh and toasted from my work lobby).

Ah yes, the chromium. So you're continuing to take the allegedly obscene dose of 1000mg?

How long do you have to do the regimen for, by the way?

Oh, and I do kind of eat breakfast. I didn't for years, but I know it's only beneficial if I do, so I at least have a piece of fruit these days. I'm hoping yoghurt is fatty enough to go well with my lovely morning Accutane so that I don't seriously have to resort to the temptingly priced cheese bagels ($1.50 fresh and toasted from my work lobby).

lolol whats so bad about chromium? I'm going be on this regimen at least for 2 months.

The 1000-mcg group members lowered blood sugar levels, improved glucose tolerance, reduced insulin, and moderated total cholesterol significantly after only two months of supplementation. They also improved 'glycated haemoglobin', often considered the best indicator of blood-glucose status, in just eight weeks. The 200-mcg group made fewer improvements but were able to ameliorate glycated haemoglobin after four months and dip insulin after only two months ('Beneficial Effects of Chromium for People with Type II Diabetes,' Diabetes, vol. 45, p. 124A, abstract no. 454, 1996). In effect, the chromium supplements, especially at a level of 1000 mcg per day, helped to control many of the pernicious problems associated with diabetes..
Edited by Deadmau5

It's been going slow but much less break outs. I've been getting facials every week now too to get rid of my old acne. I should be clear in 2 months.

Have you tried microderm? I've come to the conclusion its no good for active persistent acne but is really good for cleaning your face afterwards, softer, cleaner, more even skin.

I don't know whetehr you'd be keen on it, but where I went they did extraction as well and removed the whiteheads and blackheads with a sterile needle and precision squeezing.. not ideal no, but she said its how the derms do it and when I was talking about facial with her she said for acne they dont penetrate your skin deep enough. I don't know how accurate that is, given everyones always out to sell you something!