Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Who can live socially better with acne?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who can live socially better with acne?

• Males
    • Females

That's a good question. I'd say males can 'live better socially'. Of course it's extremely hard for both genders, but it's almost an expectation for women to have clear, beautiful, flawless skin. I mean, you don't see men advertising cosmetics, now do you? :think:

It'll be interesting to see everybody's response... :angel:

yeah im a male and i admit that its easier on us...the standards just seem to be set higher for girls...but at least they can wear make up if guys do it they will be hardcore ridiculed

I agree that men have it easier. Yes, woman do have the option of makeup, but makeup comes with being a girl! :D Like HomeBoundGypsy said, it's practically required to look beautiful and be perfect.

Guest Rocky666

But I think also with being a girl you shouldn't be expected to be beautiful but you should want to. You should strive and work towards having beautiful hair, skin, and nails. I mean I feel it's a gift and a curse being a girl. On one hand you get to wear make-up and dress up and have long hair and just be this entity that is adored and attractive but then on the other hand all that you have to do to be beautiful or the little extra some have to put into being beautiful. Sometimes you don't want to but you have to. It's like competiting for a job or something, you want to be the best and ultimately "win" but you don't want to compromise yourself to be something your not.

yeah im a male and i admit that its easier on us...the standards just seem to be set higher for girls...but at least they can wear make up if guys do it they will be hardcore ridiculed

I agree that men have it easier. Yes, woman do have the option of makeup, but makeup comes with being a girl! :D Like HomeBoundGypsy said, it's practically required to look beautiful and be perfect.

But I think also with being a girl you shouldn't be expected to be beautiful but you should want to. You should strive and work towards having beautiful hair, skin, and nails. I mean I feel it's a gift and a curse being a girl. On one hand you get to wear make-up and dress up and have long hair and just be this entity that is adored and attractive but then on the other hand all that you have to do to be beautiful or the little extra some have to put into being beautiful. Sometimes you don't want to but you have to. It's like competiting for a job or something, you want to be the best and ultimately "win" but you don't want to compromise yourself to be something your not.

I agree with all said above. Women can wear make up, where as men can't. Well, not without major ridiculing. Women are practically expected to wear make-up. But every time I put some concealer or foundation on, I know it's probably making my acne worse... and it still doesn't look 'flawless'. But maybe I just need to spend more time in the cosmetics & style forum. Haha. :blush: It is a gift being a girl, and also a curse at times... something we have to deal with. But it's important to remember that we should strive to be beautiful inside as well. :angel:

Men are less pre judged for having acne than women. Yes, women can wear makeup to cover the flaws but as soon as we take it off, we may (depending on the severity of your acne) face instant ridicule. "Man, she's pretty....but have you seen her without makeup? LOL troll!" Contrary to popular belief, not all women LOVE spending time putting on makeup everyday to look presentable. Some of us would really love to take a day(s) off and not wear any MU at all without getting nasty looks; whereas men can just go out barefaced with acne and [may]not face the same judgments that women face when we go out barefaced.

the way I see it is that, if both the male and female has the same level of acne,

and the question is who can live better socially, then I think it's the girl,given that they both emotionally affected by acne the same way

Cause the girl can use make up and hide the acne, and go out to have a (better) social life.

if makeup didnt exist, men would have it alot better

no one really expects a man to have perfect skin lol, and some girls even likes roughness

but every guy kinda wants a girl with perfectly smooth skin

however i think makeup makes it easier for women, since i've seen alot of girls cover their pimples but mainly redmarks extremely well with makeup, like it's almost nonexistent

Edited by brandish

Acne is horrible for any gender, there is no denying that. But female have it worse. Females are held to a much higher standard when it comes to looks. This goes for bodies, as well as acne etc. I have seen pretty girls who have dated guys with SEVERE acne before. Not once have I seen it the other way around.

There was this one guy I knew who had the worst case of acne I've ever seen. He was actually a part of the popular crowd, and he had several good looking girlfriends. He apparently had a good personality which made everyone look past the acne.

I agree with all said above. Women can wear make up, where as men can't. Well, not without major ridiculing. Women are practically expected to wear make-up. But every time I put some concealer or foundation on, I know it's probably making my acne worse... and it still doesn't look 'flawless'. But maybe I just need to spend more time in the cosmetics & style forum. Haha. :blush: It is a gift being a girl, and also a curse at times... something we have to deal with. But it's important to remember that we should strive to be beautiful inside as well. :angel:

Well that is true to an extent. Women have the ability to use makeup, which I am thankful for. However, I have yet to find a product that covers acne. Sure it covers the redness but there is no hiding the huge bumps all over the place. It's about as possible as covering up dry skin with makeup. It can only help with color, not so much with texture.

Oh and my uncle used to wear concealer for his blemishes. He isn't ashamed of it either, nor should he be. I don't see why guys WOULDN'T use a little cover up on their blemishes. If applied right it won't even be visible. Male celebrities do it all the time and no one says anything.

I have seen pretty girls who have dated guys with SEVERE acne before. Not once have I seen it the other way around.
You haven't been looking hard enough.

On the topic, as a female who never wears make up to cover her moderate acne I do think that men with acne have things much easier, but it doesn't matter because anyone who judges me based on my skin can go shove it. :)

Contrary to popular belief, not all women LOVE spending time putting on makeup everyday to look presentable.

I second this... :wavey:

To me girls stuggling with acne seem so much more real, and down to earth. I actually dont want a 'perfect' girl.

Aw, good to know... :wub: But would you still prefer a girl with acne if it was severe?

Well that is true to an extent. Women have the ability to use makeup, which I am thankful for. However, I have yet to find a product that covers acne. Sure it covers the redness but there is no hiding the huge bumps all over the place. It's about as possible as covering up dry skin with makeup. It can only help with color, not so much with texture.

Oh and my uncle used to wear concealer for his blemishes. He isn't ashamed of it either, nor should he be. I don't see why guys WOULDN'T use a little cover up on their blemishes. If applied right it won't even be visible. Male celebrities do it all the time and no one says anything.

I have the same problem with make up, it covers the redness but the bumps and texture are still there. And make up drys my skin out like crazy some times. I just want smooth, soft skin. A healthy glow would be nice. Haha. :D If you ever find a perfect product, let me know. If a guy used a little make up to cover up his acne, I guess it'd be understandable. I know how frustrating acne is.

On the topic, as a female who never wears make up to cover her moderate acne I do think that men with acne have things much easier, but it doesn't matter because anyone who judges me based on my skin can go shove it. :)

Well, that's one way to do it. Haha. :lol:

if makeup didnt exist, men would have it alot better

no one really expects a man to have perfect skin lol, and some girls even likes roughness

but every guy kinda wants a girl with perfectly smooth skin

however i think makeup makes it easier for women, since i've seen alot of girls cover their pimples but mainly redmarks extremely well with makeup, like it's almost nonexistent

^this. Alot of women like rugged looking men. Most guys hold girls to a higher standard from what I've seen. Anyone who think's girls have it easier doesn't know what they're talking about. Guys have things alot tougher in certain areas of life but acne is definitely not one of them.

Women with acne seem much more genuine though and that's more beautiful then a supermodel with no soul any day of the week lol.

^this. Alot of women like rugged looking men. Most guys hold girls to a higher standard from what I've seen. Anyone who think's girls have it easier doesn't know what they're talking about. Guys have things alot tougher in certain areas of life but acne is definitely not one of them.

Women with acne seem much more genuine though and that's more beautiful then a supermodel with no soul any day of the week lol.

I like your post... :angel:

i'm blessed to have a wonderful man by my side; he looks me in the eye with such love and adoration...doesn't even notice the acne...sometimes i think he deserves a more beautiful, flawless woman, but then i'm reminded that to him, i AM beautiful and flawless.

to answer the poll, women by far struggle more than men when it comes to acne. why? because of the ridiculous standards placed on woman's "exterior" beauty. sigh. only if our society valued inner beauty as much it values outer...

I completley agree with males having it easier. I am a male.. Im not saying girls will have more of a issue with coping but from my experiences with friends etc girls are alot more self conscious!

I feel for girls with acne some guys are just dicks who judge instantly on site.

thats life

:clap:

I completley agree with males having it easier. I am a male.. Im not saying girls will have more of a issue with coping but from my experiences with friends etc girls are alot more self conscious!

I feel for girls with acne some guys are just dicks who judge instantly on site.

thats life

yup, that is life. sucks.

i think there is an equal amount of both genders who will prejudge someone based on their acne. i don't think anyone has it easier in that department.

but as far as girls being more self-conscious about their appearance .. i think one of the reasons has to do with differences in anatomy. girls just have more stuff to worry about. you don't see guys getting pissed off about not being able to find the right bra.