Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted (edited)

does using potatoes on your skin really work to get rid of red marks or discoloration?

Edited by criket

Posted

anyone

Posted

Take a raw potato, peel and grate it. Put the grated into a muslin piece and tie it tightly to form a pad. Rub this pad all over the face in the firm, circular motions for about 5 minutes and then wash your face. Alternatively you could directly rub potato slices all over the face, Helps to get rid of blemishes and scar.

taken from >

http://www.bestincosmetics.com/skin-disord...bye-blemish.htm

seems like some good ideas there. let me know if you have any luck :)

Posted

if it works, i haven't see many people say so.

Posted (edited)

thanks you so much and for the link to ill try it and see if it works for red marks too.

Edited by criket

Posted

no problem, let us know how you get on criket

Posted

I heard it was really good for your red marks because of what the juices contain. I've tried it before and it helped fade some of my red marks. It also helps with blemishes because potatoes contain sulfur, which is good for drying up marks.

Posted

thanks lyssa

Posted (edited)

'

Edited by criket

Posted

How well did it work for your marks? How long have you been using it?

Posted

to tell you the truth I didnt try this after all I feel good about my skin so I just went to derm and they gave me this cream that works so im happy my face is pretty much clear but this does work for some people I guess i mean from what i read about it it say it works for mild red marks and acne but you have to be patient so you could try it if you want.

Posted

Yeah ill look into some other options first i think, but if all else fails i will try the potatoes. Thanks though.

Posted

I can attest to this method... it truly works..... I used to use it back in high school when i had really bad cystic acne and It does work... I would put it in a blender and grind it all up into a paste and then i would put it on my face... definite results... in fact, if you tried it for a week you would see dramatic improvements... it needs to be raw potatoes though and i would just set it on my face for about a half hour... I don't do it anymore since now my problems are mroe with with scars and not redmarks.

Posted

how would i fit this into my regimen?

Morning

SA cleasner

AHA 10%

SA 2%

Night

SA cleanser

Ziana

AHA10%

Posted

i would start with the potatoes and then follow the regime afterward, that what i used to do anyways... i would leave the puree on my face until it became warm so like.. 20 minutes and the slough it off and wash your face...

Posted
i would start with the potatoes and then follow the regime afterward, that what i used to do anyways... i would leave the puree on my face until it became warm so like.. 20 minutes and the slough it off and wash your face...

Thanks! I will keep you guys updated with my progress(:

Posted

Hope it works. Good luck.

Posted

It will work... The red will begin to fade right away... Trust. It's not a miracle but the redness will become lighter do it for a week and see... I just realized that 20 minutes maybe extensive just have it on ur face for at least 10 minutes our after the potatoes have turned warm on ur face... U feel it and that is when you can take them off...

Posted

guys i think ts working!!! ill post pics soon.

Posted

My personal method for potatos is to eat them with cheese :o Funny how so many things can supposedly help acne.........

Posted

photos photos photos photos, please...

a picture speaks a thousand words

Posted
guys i think ts working!!! ill post pics soon.

It definitely worked for me... It sounded like total rubbish to me at first since a family friend told me about the method, but it definitely helped after i put it on. and it sounds like its working for him as well. keep it up and report back. it probably does have to do with the sulfurs in potatoes.

Posted

it lightened them alil but it dried my skin so much i had 2 stop but if you guys can handle the dryness go for it!