Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mes6890

rolling scar(s), thanks BP!

I was on the regimen for about 3 weeks, but I had a pimple from before then that met the qualifications for popping. There was another one that I popped. When they get heads and I know it won't take much pressure to get the gunk out, I proceed with popping them. I know not everyone sees it as a favorable option, but I think it is necessary sometimes, and being an informed acne sufferer, I know the protocol.

Luckily my skin heals quickly and easily though. I don't think I have but perhaps one or two acne related scars, and those are just slightly red areas.

I put a little BP on the spot to make sure all the germs were killed, followed by some Neosporin.

I now have a rolling scar (2 actually) and in my 5 years of acnehood, I have never gotten one.

I know with absolute certainty that the BP is to blame. While it did clear up my face, I could not get over the redness, which didn't subside after 3 weeks, or just the unnatural feeling. It just felt like my face really did not like it. And while yes, Dan's face does look excellent after many years use of BP, it makes sense that nevertheless, BP ages your skin. I don't want free radicals on my face, either.

I really wanted this to be the end of my quest, but it is not. I will use the BP for spot treating. I am considering going the tea tree oil route.

I very much like the AHA and the cleanser I also ordered, but my satisfaction from these products does not compensate for my distress over my new scars that I must deal with.

Edited by playsomebeat

sorry but what is a rolling scar?

the regimen takes time to get used to (i think it was a couple of months before my skin fully adjusted and throughout that time i had red patches from previous spots, which looked horrible).

probably not conducive to treating spots but bio oil reduces the appearance of scars. g'luck mate.

I was on the regimen for about 3 weeks, but I had a pimple from before then that met the qualifications for popping. There was another one that I popped. When they get heads and I know it won't take much pressure to get the gunk out, I proceed with popping them. I know not everyone sees it as a favorable option, but I think it is necessary sometimes, and being an informed acne sufferer, I know the protocol.

Luckily my skin heals quickly and easily though. I don't think I have but perhaps one or two acne related scars, and those are just slightly red areas.

I put a little BP on the spot to make sure all the germs were killed, followed by some Neosporin.

I now have a rolling scar (2 actually) and in my 5 years of acnehood, I have never gotten one.

I know with absolute certainty that the BP is to blame. While it did clear up my face, I could not get over the redness, which didn't subside after 3 weeks, or just the unnatural feeling. It just felt like my face really did not like it. And while yes, Dan's face does look excellent after many years use of BP, it makes sense that nevertheless, BP ages your skin. I don't want free radicals on my face, either.

I really wanted this to be the end of my quest, but it is not. I will use the BP for spot treating. I am considering going the tea tree oil route.

I very much like the AHA and the cleanser I also ordered, but my satisfaction from these products does not compensate for my distress over my new scars that I must deal with.

I must admit that I don't know what a rolling scar is either. I know what you mean about BP changing the texture of your skin. This is why I only use it on the areas that I need to. The 2 spots I use it on my face have a weird texture to it. But I don't think BP "ages" you skin, it just dries it out. Dry patches look wrinkly but it's not as if it's going to give you permanent wrinkles, and make you look old.

All I can say is that you've only been on the regimen for 3 weeks. You don't know that the acne scar you got won't go away. It's too soon. Scars take sometimes MONTHS to fully heal on their own.

I must admit that I don't know what a rolling scar is either. I know what you mean about BP changing the texture of your skin. This is why I only use it on the areas that I need to. The 2 spots I use it on my face have a weird texture to it. But I don't think BP "ages" you skin, it just dries it out. Dry patches look wrinkly but it's not as if it's going to give you permanent wrinkles, and make you look old.

All I can say is that you've only been on the regimen for 3 weeks. You don't know that the acne scar you got won't go away. It's too soon. Scars take sometimes MONTHS to fully heal on their own.

but it's like an indentation :( I'll give you that, it does take months for acne scars to fully heal, but I've neverrrrrr had one like this! I'm not trying to be like F THE REGIMEN NO ONE TRY IT. I'm glad so many people have had success with it! I just feel like I can't be the only one who's experienced scarring like this (which I've never had before) thanks to the BP; I think people should be aware.....and now I just want them gone :(

serious there is no point crying about it now you shouldnt of popped just left it be but no u had to pop it and suffered the consequences tough luck.

serious there is no point crying about it now you shouldnt of popped just left it be but no u had to pop it and suffered the consequences tough luck.

This is rude and totally unnecessary. Dealing with acne is hard enough without people like you putting people down and being negative. If you have nothing positive or productive to stay keep it to yourself.