Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
somebodyshootme

Hot or cold water?

Should I be washing my face with hot or cold water? I always have washed with hot water. This morning I washed with cold water. It felt great when I was done washing my face. Just wondering if it makes any difference.

Should I be washing my face with hot or cold water? I always have washed with hot water. This morning I washed with cold water. It felt great when I was done washing my face. Just wondering if it makes any difference.

Everyone will have their own preference for this but i believe the majority will rule out using hot water. I myself use just luke warm water to wash my face with by splashing it on with my hands. Using hot water will dry out your skin more and cold water is used more to close your pores rather than cleaning them. This is why i just go in between and use jus warm water.

Indeed, hot water will cause more inflamation in your skin and will make your acne appear worse.

I usually wash with warm water to open my pores and clear away oil and dirt. Then after rinsing I splash cold water on my face to close my pores. Don't forget to moisturize after :)