Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted

so after this zitz popped in august, the pus came back and forth a lil while,

and finally in september, not pus are building there anymore

however, till now, the red mark still looks pretty much the same

except it's no longer an open wound.

It still get red like it's inflamed if i put some salicylic acid on it to fade the marks,

and sometimes it itches

it takes a few days for the redness to die down, but the mark would be exactly the same as before

but if i stop using any products on it, it looks slightly better (not as red, but still dark)

and looks like it's not going anywhere.

should i keep using the salicylic acid, let my it itches, and let the mark goes red,

and eventually it'll does its job and fade the mark?

(btw, only this mark react to the salicylic acid this way, my other marks don't get red or itches with the same product)

any suggestion/idea?

Posted

well BHA aka salicylic acid will be exfoliating deep into that particular spot so this is why it cleans it but will sting also.

maybe that particular spot clogs up quicker hence why it keep reoccurring, so i would suggest trying the prescription cream skinoren it regenerates new skin cells whilst destroying the p ance sebum

SA might by irritating it to much imo

hope this helps

Posted

I use Glycolic acid rather than salicylic acid for a redmark...both offer exfoliation, but to me, glycolic acid is more gentle and less stingy. Plus, I dislike using anything w/ salicylic on my face because I'm always worried it will try to purge my pores :confused:

Posted
so after this zitz popped in august, the pus came back and forth a lil while,

and finally in september, not pus are building there anymore

however, till now, the red mark still looks pretty much the same

except it's no longer an open wound.

It still get red like it's inflamed if i put some salicylic acid on it to fade the marks,

and sometimes it itches

it takes a few days for the redness to die down, but the mark would be exactly the same as before

but if i stop using any products on it, it looks slightly better (not as red, but still dark)

and looks like it's not going anywhere.

should i keep using the salicylic acid, let my it itches, and let the mark goes red,

and eventually it'll does its job and fade the mark?

(btw, only this mark react to the salicylic acid this way, my other marks don't get red or itches with the same product)

any suggestion/idea?

I have a lot of red marks left from acne as well and my cheeks and chin is constant pinkish red from all the previous acne irratation - post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. I have been looking into Mandelic Acid that Willow here talks about. It is suppose to be really good at reducing red marks and preventing acne. Also less irratating than glycolic, even though i have not had a problem with irratation of applying the AHA here on this site for red marks.

Posted

SA worked magic for me, but it can be a hit or miss