Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kidcudi

Interesting and VERY Informative Article on how to CURE acne

Awesome article, post accutane i'll defiantly follow those steps. :D

Why not start now?

Except the Vitamin A of course.

Edited by Packerfan785

Thank you for posting this. I have just finished reading the article, and it was all helpful information. But I am somewhat skeptical. Sure I think that all these vitamins, minerals and complex carbs will help acne (or your overal health). But where is the scientific proof that "simple carbohydrates and acne are directly related in the way that he explains them to be? I have tried to look up some of his references, and the main one that is supposed to have the link is Ref 9. Challem, J. & et al, (2000) Syndrome X, John Wiley & Sons, NY, NY., P. 63-76. I have tried to find this via my Uni's library, but I was not able to find/access it all. Is there anyone here that has/can check this reference?

Anyway, thanks again for posting

Interesting stuff, but NINE supplements? Really? O_O I doubt all of those are necessary.

Edited by QuirkyPixy

Started good with all the paleo material and then moved to whole grains and supplements? He forgot his ADD pills.

I am obviously being too harsh, I just don't understand how he could have thrown in all that information about paleo and then recommend people to eat whole grains and take a whole bunch of supplements.

Interesting stuff, but NINE supplements? Really? O_O I doubt all of those are necessary.

If you don't get them in your diet they are. Keep track of how much you get for a week or so and then decide what you need.

This is one of the best pieces of work I've read yet. No garbage about toxins, cleanses, fasting, factors we have no clue about, etc. This is all simple and based on facts.

Edited by Packerfan785

Started good with all the paleo material and then moved to whole grains and supplements? He forgot his ADD pills.

I am obviously being too harsh, I just don't understand how he could have thrown in all that information about paleo and then recommend people to eat whole grains and take a whole bunch of supplements.

Oh no! Watch out for those whole grains, they will kill you! :doh:

Have fun living an actual life and getting enough calories on the Paleo diet... Not trying to be negative but it was a total waste of time and effort for a long time in my case. I always support eating a healthy diet but the right kind of grains have a place in your diet. Especially if you don't go overboard with them.

Supplements are sometimes necessary when todays foods are low in them (Chromium) but I agree that some of those are unnecessary (Selenium).

article was fascinating. thx for the link. author lists Vitamin A and B-2 as being the most important in preventing the development of acne; i plan to supplement my diet with just these two @ first...see what kind of results, if any, i notice...

Would be interesting if someone could find a diet that included all of that! Wonder how difficult it would be, guessing very.

I really doubt if our ancestors were as healthy as the author thinks they were. I'm sure they had other ailments and illnesses, and I doubt their life expectancy was as high as ours is now.

But where is the scientific proof that "simple carbohydrates and acne are directly related in the way that he explains them to be?

There's been tons of such research and it's not hard to find. But you can start with all the links in the Research thread pinned under Important Topics right there at the top of this forum.

That insulin stimulates hormone production and therefore excess insulin stimulates excess androgens is basic info and should be common knowledge to everyone here. It's common knowledge to most of us which is why we aren't always starting new threads about it. If newcomers would only click on the pinned Important Topics (and moderators would do a better job keeping the best threads there) then this wouldn't be news. But the Research thread is a good one though it's far from complete. Most of the studies are about Insulin's impact on hormonal conditions including acne.

Edited by alternativista

Oh no! Watch out for those whole grains, they will kill you! :doh:

Have fun living an actual life and getting enough calories on the Paleo diet... Not trying to be negative but it was a total waste of time and effort for a long time in my case. I always support eating a healthy diet but the right kind of grains have a place in your diet. Especially if you don't go overboard with them.

Supplements are sometimes necessary when todays foods are low in them (Chromium) but I agree that some of those are unnecessary (Selenium).

Is funny you mention that, fat being the most energy dense macro-nutrient and you cannot get enough calories?

So that author thinks B-2 (riboflavin) is as important if not more so than B-3 Niacin. Has anyone tried taking B-2 and what were the results? This is making me think more and more about taking a solid B complex.

This cured my acne!!!!!!!!!!

I still have black heads and some pimples under my skin that I have had for a while. But since taking this I've had no new white heads or cysts. The white heads I had all dried up and are gone now. My face looks better every morning.

awesome so no dairy simple carbs (brown rice whole grain etc?) no refined sugar and all those vits minerals and your clearing up !

photos !!!!

brown rice, whole grains are good. google simple carbohydrates. I eat rye bread, and i don't know how to say in english but a lot of eastern europeans eat it. It kinda looks like brown rice.

EDIT: There called buckwheat groats.

Edited by Deadmau5