Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
crashoran

Either or all of these things are curing my skin

Maybe it's because my supplements are starting to take effect (started taking them about 4 weeks ago along with the regimen) or just coincidental. But I started these 4 things about 5 days ago and my skin took a huge turn:

1. Started the baby brush method to exfoliate my skin while showering.

2. Stopped drinking bottled water, only drank water from my PUR filter into a glass container. There are reports of the plastics in bottled water leeching harmful chemicals that can cause acne.

3. Stopped eating wheat entirely. I used to eat Cream of Wheat every single day for breakfast.

4. Stopped consuming apsartame, an artificial sweetener.

I'm also making it a habit to eat a full meal's worth of fresh celery, grapes, carrots, and bananas each day.

Hopefully it's not just a phase and my skin will continue to heal!

Definatly eating healthy will help a lot!Also my skin tends to get dry and flakey and I noticed if I exfoliate twice a week it really helps keep my skin smoother and clearer!I use a homemade mask/exfoliate though.

I wanted to bump this thread I created 3 years ago, and revisit the entire bottled water ordeal.

Right now I'm doing everything on the list above except #2. I've been going through a 24 pack of bottled water each week recently. I just bought a water filter for my faucet and I'm going to only drink water from it from now on, and I'll post my results. It might have just been a coincidence but it's worth a try.

If I find that stopping bottled water clears my skin, I'm going to be really shocked/concerned...