Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
assassin.

Wouldn't masturbation be the cause/trigger of acne?

Think about it. Supposedly when we masturbate and ejaculate testosterone gets converted to DHT, which stimulates oil glands.

Also, from like ages 1 - 12, when virtually everyone is perfectly clear, no kid at that age masturbates/ejaculates. But from like 13 - 18, teens are masturbating and ejaculating multiple times a day and breaking out like crazy all the time.

Maybe when we first start masturbating/ejaculating at say age 12/13 it tells our bodies to start making more sex hormones/androgens.

I can attest to this. I'm an 18 year old male and masturbate quite a bit. Usually 1 - 3 times a day. I have very oily skin and a lot of acne. But I want to abstain from masturbation for a week. If I can go that long I'll go for a month. If I make it then I'll go for a year. Maybe then my skin will be less oily?

Why do some people start breaking out at 12/13 while others don't get any acne until like age 18? Could it be related to masturbating habits?

Edited by bojanglesk8

i see quite a few people say they get less acne when they abstain from masturbating..but i dont see any change

could be possible though...

Edited by gawdam

If this is true then wouldn't nearly all males have acne? Let's think about the age at which acne usually appears. Around 11-12 is when puberty strikes. Acne has been said to be caused by hormonal imbalance. It is around puberty when our hormones begin changing and may at times be imbalance hence the onset of acne.

I think it's one of the possibilities..but if it were true, would you keep yourself from pleasing yourself? The same applies to sex you know and most people cannot live without it.. Why don't you start drink soy milk or something(beans contain lots of what is similar to Estrogen)? That's what I do and I think it kind of works..

I think it is one of those things that adults tell teens to scare them out of doing it (like the whole "you'll grow hair on your palms" in previous generations) or ways to embarrass peers who have acne.

Acne can be hormonal and puberty is a prime time for hormones -- that is why your sex drive is so strong at this age: raging hormones, right?

I think it is possible that there is a hormonal imbalance. I also believe that stress causes a lot of the problem. Most likely related to increased cortisol levels during stressful times.

If you want to abstain for other reasons -- morality, religion, etc. -- then fine. But I wouldn't abstain for acne because, honestly, I don't think it will work. You'd be much better off trying to make diet changes (trying to eliminate most sugar, carbs, dairy, fried foods, etc.) and staying hydrated.

For what it is worth, I heard the opposite from my hairdresser. She swears that sexual frustration causes acne.

Acne is a symptom of something going on inside of us that we need to take care of. Excessive masturbation is also a symptom of something that needs addressing. It is a common mistake that symptoms be connected to one another as causal and effectual.

Masturbation, being a healthy practice (much like eating and exercising) can be used in unhealthy ways as well. If you have a moment everyday to ask yourself exactly how you feel about the acne you might find more information about the emotions which are more than likely able to be the linked to ill feelings toward masturbation. Openness with one's self is key in learning why we suffer the symptoms that we do.

I hope this was helpful.

The people who say it doesn't are not teenagers their hormones are all in place so it will not effect them and the dick's wont keep their comments to them self's.

but teenagers hormones are still geting there and excessieve masturbation will stuff them up.

Excessive masturbating=Defiency in Coenzyme A

The reason too much oil is being released has to do with the lipids and fatty acid deposits underneath the skin not getting broken down and re-circulated into the bloodstream. Instead they are being released as sebum (oil). What enables our body to break down these fatty acids is directly related to an enzyme called coenzyme A, which is an essential enzyme to the body and is used for fatty acid metabolism.

Coenzyme A is also responsible for other important aspects of the body including sex hormone synthesis. When there is a lack of coenzyme A, the body is forced to choose between using the available coenzyme A for sex hormone synthesis or for metabolizing fats (the breakdown of fats). Hormone synthesis is given the priority (without it sex organs do not develop) and as result, the body has trouble breaking down all of the necessary fats. Fats that should have been broken down and re-circulated into the bloodstream, instead become deposited in the sebaceous glands (sweat glands) and secreted as oil. Oil is fat only in liquid form. Because teenagers have the highest hormone production rate, they are also the group with the highest amounts of acne.

Do not listen to people who say masturbation isn't related to acne. The people who say it doesn't are not teenagers their hormones are all in place so it will not effect them and the dick's wont keep their comments to them self's.

but teenagers hormones are still geting there and excessieve masturbation will stuff them up.

i know this becuase which ever of my friend's started masturbating started to get acne but they didnt do excessive masturbating for a long time that's why they got only acne on their face

i've been doing excessieve masturbating for over 6 years and coverd in acne all over body and face.

dont lie to yourself just admit it it's masturbation that causes your acne just stop it dont think with your dick

Edited by hihello02

Even if masturbation IS linked to acne...

.... Are YOU honestly going to stop masturbating? Cuz ur body will just deal with it by itself in that case, if you know what I mean.

I am sure it doesn't help to chronically masturbate, but to naturally do it as just about every other guy does... that's not going to hurt you or be bad for your health.