Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been off accutane for 3 weeks now and my face is still as read as a tomato. Don't get me wrong, it's nice finally not having acne but how long does it take for this damn redness to go away?

Please don't tell me this is a long term issue.

Yeah, just dont apply apple cider vinegar to your face. Tried this once and it made me more red, but drinking it seems to have opposite effect. Also, getting 100% green tea with no additives and applying to your face can help the tone and possibly reduce the redness. It definitely makes skin softer and more radiant. Btw, might want to mix the 2 tablespoons with at least 8 oz of water or it is almost unbearable. I always held my nose and gulped it down as fast as possible lol

I have the same problem. I already heard that it will eventually fade. But just to be sure, I visited my dermatologist and he said the redness should fade after finishing accutane.

I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. The redness is very common.

There's another forum on this website. I think it's titled "Rosacea and facial redness". You should check that out. You'll probably find more answers and information about redness.

yeah i have the same problem i've been on it for 6 months now and 1 to go! I have bought some eucerin redness relief and aveeno calming cream but waiting for them to arrive and will tell you how they go. hopefully they will help I hate having a red face it sucks!!!!!