Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bballer88

thoughs on resaon/cause of my acne

Hey guys so Im not sure if I found whats causing my acne just putting things togher figure I would throw it up here I see what you guys think first I'll give lil back ground. Im 22 male had severe body acne, chest shoulders back since about age 15 or so. Tried just about evething, been on antiboitics for about 2 years now hate it, never took acutane been offered it but refused lookign bakc I should have done it while I had the chance but anyway, I finaly got a physical first time in a couple years and foudn out that I have a testicular varicocele. After going to a urolgist and looking into to evidnetly it lowers sperm count and could case me to become infetile. Also after some reseach I found that it lowers testorine in the body. This might not be my the reason but do you think it has any connection with my acne problem possiably? I am going to have surgery to get it fixed in the near future I guess only time will tell

Thats so weird, I just discovered what I believe to be what you are describing or a hernia while in the shower today. I'm going to get it checked out soon.

Has anyone been in contact with the OP? I would really like to know if it made a difference. I too have a varicocele but my doctors say it has no effects and do not want me to remove it.

I think that lowered testosterone would, if anything, reduce the chance of getting acne.

Testosterone level is not even correlated with acne.

i don't know about that. It's a hormone.

I think that lowered testosterone would, if anything, reduce the chance of getting acne.

Testosterone level is not even correlated with acne.

I'm curious as to why you would believe that. There's no doubt in my own mind that testosterone in general is correlated with acne, although very likely not enough to serve as a safe or practical treatment for the problem by using medications to reduce those levels. In an early 1960 study ("Effect of Castration in Adolescent and Young Adult Males Upon Further Changes in the Proportions of Bare and Hairy Scalp", Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, V. 20, No. 10), James Hamilton found that the sebum production of men who had been castrated was less than half that of normal aged-matched controls. So it would appear safe to assume that sharply reducing testosterone with castration would likely reduce acne, although it's doubtful that anybody would want to go THAT far, just to treat their acne! :angel: