Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ghostunit

Fruits with vitamin C

Most of them. Veggies as well, broccoli, spinach, etc, just remember that C gets destroyed with heat so have raw or don't over cook.

So green smoothie works the best?

Putting kiwi and mango into the blender with spinach inside then blend?

Edited by EddieE

What are the safe fruits that contain high vitamin C! I need this to prevent flu.

Here's exactly the dubious science you want! Keep a bathroom nearby at all times if you're eating enough black currants to get large doses of Vitamin C. :D

Note the claim that the reason Vitamin C never really worked as Pauling claimed against, for example, cancer, was high blood sugar. So, the same nuts who claim Vitamin C will keep you from getting the flu are claiming it won't work if you drink orange juice. Since it's awfully hard to get the 1 gram/hour that Pauling claimed was needed from fruit without elevating blood glucose, I think they can claim victory for their theory whether you get the flu or not! :D

Kiwi mango spinach is one of my favorites. Just go easy on the mango

You should use the "nutrient search tool" on nutritiondata.com

http://www.nutritiondata.com/foods-0091010...ml?maxCount=122

I am going to start making green smoothie 3 times a week.

Going to add Organic frozen mango , organic kiwi ( can't buy it frozen! but I will freeze some)

and spinach.

I just bought broccoli slaw for my salads.

Edited by EddieE

Kiwis don't need to be organic. Do you know how to peel them? Cut off each end, then a slit in the side and insert a spoon and slide it around to separate the skin.

And just stick with kiwi and spinach or other greens. Skip the mango. Too much sugar.

And I doubt that C alone is really going to help much. You should also consider the other items in the list I gave you in the post where you said you already had the flu.

Edited by alternativista

Kiwis don't need to be organic. Do you know how to peel them? Cut off each end, then a slit in the side and insert a spoon and slide it around to separate the skin.

And just stick with kiwi and spinach or other greens. Skip the mango. Too much sugar.

And I doubt that C alone is really going to help much. You should also consider the other items in the list I gave you in the post where you said you already had the flu.

I wanted to buy vitamin D but I don't know which brand to buy since ingredient are different

or it doesn't matter what brand I buy?

And OK I will just make kiwi with spinach. What else could I add?

Bell Peppers have 100 times more vitamin c than any fruit and very low in sugar

But expensive to buy organic. And they are at the top of the list of foods you should buy organic. Also a common allergen.

And OK I will just make kiwi with spinach. What else could I add?

You can add whatever you want, but haven't you been trying to save money? Kiwi are one of the most nutrient dense fruits with the added benefit of not needing to be organic. Spinach is one of the most nutrient dense veggies. It's a good blend. Kale is probably better though.

If you eat it, you could add some live cultured yogurt or kefir. Or some ground flax seed for the omega 3. Or some avocado for the fat that help your body absorb fat soluble nutrients. Or some pineapple or papaya for the enzymes.

Edited by alternativista