Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So, I went into a GNC store and was looking at the skin products. When the worker comes up to me and goes you wanna know a serect about clearing your skin? He gave me a story about everything he went through bla bla bla but then he recommended that every morning when I woke up. That I should take some saliva from the inside of my cheeks and place it on the acne area affected? He talked something about bacteria fighting bacteria. Thoughts? Anyone tried this ?

So, I went into a GNC store and was looking at the skin products. When the worker comes up to me and goes you wanna know a serect about clearing your skin? He gave me a story about everything he went through bla bla bla but then he recommended that every morning when I woke up. That I should take some saliva from the inside of my cheeks and place it on the acne area affected? He talked something about bacteria fighting bacteria. Thoughts? Anyone tried this ?

Wow, that sounds strange. If it does work, I'd hazard a guess that it won't exactly cure a true case of acne, but I guess at least it won't hurt to try(?).

I see we've started taking accutane almost exactly at the same time and we're both in Canada. I heard about Roche's accutane no longer being available in the US, or something like that, but I didn't realise it was because they thought it caused bowel disease. I heard that in rare cases people have suspected that accutane did cause that, but then it's alleged to have caused so many other awful things that sometimes I can't help but roll my eyes. I think if it was a serious, serious issue, much more of the hundreds of thousands of people having used accutane out there would be confirming these allegations (and it has been around for many, many years), but as that's not the case, I don't see it being much different from the occasional horrible side effects people experience with any other drug. For me, all this is a risk I am willing to take if it means getting the type of skin I've always longed for and never had.

Good luck and looking forward to seeing some pics and keeping track of your progress.

Yeah perfect skin before university. That would be awesome ha. Are you On Accutane Roche as well?

I sure am. Do you think it's true that it's meant to be better than the generic stuff?

I want to go to Uni next fall too, as a mature student (mature? Ha!), hopefully UofT or Ryerson. Definitely not a good look to be starting Uni with acne, especially in your twenties. Arrrgh.

hahah true I'm taking a year off before going back to school. Yes, I do think Roche is better because its the original stuff ;D. Yeah, I'm applying for waterloo, they have awesome programs for what I'm interested in.