Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ince

Sugar

I have not ate refined sugary food for 2 weeks now and my Facial Acne is gone!!!. I was a junk food junkie. I love Chocolate and cakes. I had noticed that everytime I hate a chocoalte cake I would have pimples on my face. I now eat high fiber foods like Brown bread and cereals like Bran Flakes and Fruit and N'Fiber and my acne seems to be gone. I have even been little stressed lately as well and it has not triggerd anything.

I would recommend to people cut down on refined sugars,White bread..ect and see if it works for you.

I believe it made a positive difference for me, and at the very least, it's just healthier all around to cut down on sugar intake. I'm glad it's working for you! :)

Congratulations. I too cleared my skin via diet changes and am positive it was the cutting out of sodas and other sugary drinks that by far had the biggest impact on my skin. I now follow a blood sugar stabilizing, anti-inflammatory and nutrient dense diet that's not only good for acne, but slows or reduces the development of so many conditions including aging.

But there are other factors involved in acne besides the sugar/insulin connection. It may not be enough for some. In fact it wouldn't have been enough for me if I hadn't already figured out the food intolerance that caused the worst of my cystic acne. If I hadn't done that first, I wouldn't have noticed that diet helped my skin.

Edited by alternativista

Yeah, the worst breakout I've had for years was when I ate a slice of chocolate cake each day for a week. It was very nice cake but unfortunately there was a clear connection. No more chocolate for me.

I still haven't made a clear connection between sugar and breakouts but just as a precaution I try my best to minimize my intake of refined sugar.

Number one thing I ever did for my acne was cutting sugar. I've been clear for years now thanks to cutting sugar & grains. Now I can tolerate both without breaking out, but still limit the sugar as it is not good for you in any way.

Speaking of cakes ... my aunt recently bought me a pandan sponge cake from Singapore (one of my favourite desserts) ... I cut out a piece for breakfast this morning, but in the end, I forced myself to put it back in the box untouched. I then made up my mind to bring the cake to work and share it with my colleagues instead.

Unfortunately and sadly, being clear means missing out on some of the greatest pleasures in life.