Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
testytest

Sublative Rejuvination

That does look promising, especially since there are so many pics of acne scars shown. I wonder when it will get here??

Just saw this doctor performs it in Michigan, called e-matrix http://www.dryoun.com/

He had a clip of it on Rachel Ray you can watch.

Edited by tricia

That does look promising, especially since there are so many pics of acne scars shown. I wonder when it will get here??

Just saw this doctor performs it in Michigan, called e-matrix http://www.dryoun.com/

He had a clip of it on Rachel Ray you can watch.

yeah I saw that as well but they didn't really cover before or afters nor was it used for acne scarring... almost seems like hocus pocus but that article sure shows some pleasing results...

I read about sublative rejuvenation too. I don't know how much the results will surpass the present technology like fractional ablative lasers, but the fact that it can be used on dark skin as well is major. That has always been a limitation with lasers in the past. So, I think a lot of doctors in the U.S. will be eager to start using it.

I like how this is protrayed to be like significantly better than fraxel, specially for acne scars, and yet it doesn't get much attention. People are still talking about how you need 10 fraxels to get some results and even with that knowledge some still go out and do it only to come back and complain about how much it sucks.

Try something else for a change. Acell is also out there with no one trying it.

Bump!!!

Interesting...my derm is actually quoted in the above article discussing the benefits of sublative rejuvination (Dr. Sundarem) and it appears that she is using this treatment currently. I'll be at her office this Friday actually (I'm currently being treated with accutane by her PA) so I'll see if I can get any information about this sublative rejuvination treatment.

Anyone have specific questions they'd like me to ask? I can't guarantee the PA will have the answers of course, but I'll try.

I've seen before and afters look that good with other treatments only to be disappointed after trying them. Also, keep in mind that in those pictures for acne scars, the lighting is different. One of them had the after with the lighting directly on the skin while the before had light shining from above the patient's head, highlighting the shadowing better. Everyone should really take this with a grain of salt. In my vast experience, no single treatment has been like magic, so far.

Em-- I'll ask about Thermage. I actually had thermage treatments in conjunction with my palomar lux 1540 treatments (I believe) a few years back and while it didn't make my scars worse, the combined treatments did little to improve my scars/complexion.

Ylem-- You're right, we've seen this song and dance plenty of times now.

I'll try to find out costs, how it compares to re:pair, number of treatments and I'll ask about how it compares to thermage.

Thanks!

My rationale on new lasers is that I'd like to wait until they've been used by the public for at least a few years before I believe anything. I've seen too many be flashes in the pan or have no results. It's almost a cliche at this point....

Exactly, just look at the evolution of the Fraxel lasers over the past few years. I remember back in 2006 or 2007, all these derms were recommending the original Fraxel as this revolutionary technology to treat acne scars. Fast forward a few years and now the original Fraxel is considered inferior in its treatment of acne scars. Now the revolutionary technology is the re:pair. I think we'll have to wait and see how that exactly turns out, but it seems the results so far are once again not worth all the money.

Hi All,

I am new here. I came across this site while researching Sublative Rejuvenation with eMatrix by Syneron. My doctor is including me in a clinical trial with the eMatrix to treat my acne scars, and I will have my first treatment next week. I will let you know how it goes and what I think.

Obviously each person is different and from what I have read, this is no miracle cure. It seems to reduce the scaring not completely remove it. From the pictures I have seen in the research, people with severe scaring showed great improvement, but they still had scars. So I guess end results are relative to where you start.

Hi All,

I am new here. I came across this site while researching Sublative Rejuvenation with eMatrix by Syneron. My doctor is including me in a clinical trial with the eMatrix to treat my acne scars, and I will have my first treatment next week. I will let you know how it goes and what I think.

Obviously each person is different and from what I have read, this is no miracle cure. It seems to reduce the scaring not completely remove it. From the pictures I have seen in the research, people with severe scaring showed great improvement, but they still had scars. So I guess end results are relative to where you start.

Where are you doing your trial at? what city?

Hi All,

Where are you doing your trial at? what city?

New York City.

Arielle Kauvar, MD

1044 Fifth Ave, New York, NY

I don't think she is offering the procedure yet. She is still doing clinical trials.

but check out her website at www.nylaserskincare.com

Well, I was at the derm today and she does indeed offer this treatmeat as Matrix RF. Actually, I first asked her about sublative rejuvination and she looked at me like I was crazy :D

Once, I mentioned it was an RF treatment, she knew what I was talking about.

I didn't really get too much good info as she was explaining how the technology worked. So basically said it uses RF to produce collagen and collagen is yada yada... We all know how that works.

Anyway, I asked how it compared to re:pair and what she would recommend for me personally. My face is pretty tore up with all different types of scars from boxscars to rolling scars to icepicks. Many are shallow, some are deep but overall my cheeks have a very uneven texture. She thought the re:pair would be better for my situation, so take that for what its worth. I take it as my complexion is very uneven and possibly a more ablative treatment can help smooth out the surface than a treatment that works from underneath the skin.

I didn't really get much info on the difference between thermage and Matrix RF other than Matrix is a fractional RF technology. The brochure says 3 treatments spread out over 4-6 weeks is normal protocol depending on severity of condition, so also take that for what it's worth.

Hopefully some of the people who will be trying this treatment in the near future will give us an idea if this treatment is worth it. I'm still on accutane so I won't be doing anything for about a year either way.

Edited by jbird12