Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JonoB

Fruit and Veg

I need advice please. I dont like or eat any FRUIT and only eat a tiny amount of VEG. Is there any way I can get the required nutrients from fruit and veg as I think it would be benificial to my acne?

Edited by JonoB

maybe vitamin or smoothies?

but the best advice is really try to eat the real deal.

maybe you'll get to like it better...

also do it not just for acne, but for overall health reason.

Edited by katharine

I need advice please. I dont like or eat any FRUIT and only eat a tiny amount of VEG. Is there any way I can get the required nutrients from fruit and veg as I think it would be benificial to my acne?

Perfect solution for you. My aunt is a dietion and there is a pill called Juice Plus. You take 2 pills in the morning that is FULL of fruit and 2 pills at night that is FULL of veggies. It's helped my skin so much. And i havn't gotten sick in 3 years because of it. You should look into Juice Plus. It's amazing. I don't even have to eat any veggies or fruit cause Juice Plus takes care of the servings i need everyday. I'm also way healthier now. You should defiantly give it a shot!!

No, your body needs to fiber found in fruit and veg. too.

I'm not understanding what you DO eat then, if you don't eat fruit and veg? Meat and grains? That can't be good for you.

It takes about 8 weeks to change your tastes towards a new food, that's what the experts recommend. I guarantee if you start eating fruits and veg, just force yourself too, after 8 weeks you will like the taste.

I find that if I go too long without eatting enough I start to feel really gross and tired. The best I feel is when I eat a lot of fruit and veg.

If it helps I went for 20 years with bad cystic acne, naturally with a bad diet of very little veg and fruit, due to not liking it.

I've recently changed that around, its not easy when you don't "like" it, that was my excuse. Basically I started off with a cheap smoothy machine, and made tasty smoothies, you can put in what you want, but I would try to get veg in there and not all fruit. Keep that, and slowly try and get salads in, or stir fry veg. With both add something to flavour them.

For example I started out with lots of veg with nice dressing, this is the key for me, without it, it doesn't work. At first I splashed lots of dressing over the veg, but then after I got used to it a bit, I just used my own, extra virgin olive oil, lemon, apple cider vinegar for example. This is better than the smoothies due to the fibre as per post above, but smoothies are good for transition. I also do curries with lots of veg.

The strange thing is, after a while, and you find your own combination, you'll find they taste better than all the starchy rubbish out there. Just needs a little time and adaption.