Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So here is my situation:

I have SUPER DUPER DUPER DUPER mild acne. The kind that is mostly covered by my hair when I leave my hair down. It's like the kind that if you saw me, you'd think to yourself ''Why is she ashamed of her skin, there are people with A LOT WORSE and they live their life just dandy?''

I've dealt with acne since I was 13. Over the past few years, its gotten a lot better for me. My forehead is completely clear and so is my chin. My cheeks are my only slight problem. I'm on Trinessa now so I'm hopefull those areas will be okay soon.

So yeah, how do you feel confident about your skin when you have super mild acne? It's like I think my skin is so much worse when it's not. I think I feel like this because my skin use to be REALLY bad and I can't get that image out of my head when it was so inflamed.

Anyone in the same situation with mild acne?

It's like the better we get, the worse we feel in the inside.

Edited by Michelle19

i know how u feel. i sorta feel the same way. my skin is mostly clear now with a little break out here and there. nothing as bad as it was like a year ago. with my skin mostly clear, i still walk around and act as if my face was the same a year ago a.k.a walking around being shy. its a mental thing with time we'll get over it. im just so used to having acne on my face and i feel as if its a part of me when now it really isnt anymore. i suffer from acne all my life since middle school.

just look at the mirror, convince yourself that you've walked out of the worse part already. Compare your skin with a picture from before. Pick up your confidence! Go have a great time with your friends. and after some time, you'll get over it :) and your skin is healing great that people can't even tell you had a bad time with it.