Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doz

so frustrated . . . nothing is working :(

I'm 26 years old and have struggled with acne since I was 13. I get everything from the small tiny bumps to larger, painful ones. I went on Accutane when I was 17, and it worked great! My skin cleared up for a few years and I didn't have any problems. My acne started returning about 3 years ago. I went back on Accutane for month or so last year, but I became really depressed. Although I was going through some life changes and wasn't very happy, I suspect that Accutane didn't help the situation. Needless to say, my dermatologist took me off of Acctuane and will not put me back on it.

My acne is just getting worse and worse these days. And I have tried everything from ProActiv to over-the-counters to Nature's Cure to Murad to antibiotics . . and nothing is working. Right now I'm washing my face with Cetaphil, using Duac and taking the Nature's Cure pills at night.

I'm so frustrated and upset. If anyone has any tips or advice, I really welcome them. Thank you so much!

Wow it seems that you are trapped. Have you tired any of the home remedies on this message board people talk about? Lemon Juice, Olive Oil, Toothpaste :s haha theres a bunch. I just started accutane at 18.

i too am desperate for some improvement in my skin. although i haven't tried "everything" i HAVE tried a bunch of stuff to no avail. i used to have beautiful skin with little to no acne...then i turned 30 and it all changed. some people say its hormones or stress but they're all just speculating. i just joined this thing so i'm going to try taking niacin (i have nicotinamide) and continuing my cleansing regimen. have you checked out the niacin posts? it seems a number of people are having a bit of success with it...

all i wanted to say is, you're not alone...keep your head up....i believe we just have to find the right regimen.....

how long do you give these regimens? i mean are you using them for a month and then throwing them out? it may take some more time...i don't know....

i'm allergic to benzoyl peroxide so....i'm using a topical salicylic acid gel...i'm not getting immediate results but like i said, i think it just takes some time....good luck!

I'm 26 years old and have struggled with acne since I was 13. I get everything from the small tiny bumps to larger, painful ones. I went on Accutane when I was 17, and it worked great! My skin cleared up for a few years and I didn't have any problems. My acne started returning about 3 years ago. I went back on Accutane for month or so last year, but I became really depressed. Although I was going through some life changes and wasn't very happy, I suspect that Accutane didn't help the situation. Needless to say, my dermatologist took me off of Acctuane and will not put me back on it.

My acne is just getting worse and worse these days. And I have tried everything from ProActiv to over-the-counters to Nature's Cure to Murad to antibiotics . . and nothing is working. Right now I'm washing my face with Cetaphil, using Duac and taking the Nature's Cure pills at night.

I'm so frustrated and upset. If anyone has any tips or advice, I really welcome them. Thank you so much!

Same here, 27, been affected by this since I was 13 or so. Never got better except once for a year for no obvious reasons. Shows no signs of going away either.

Only thing that worked for me is abstaining from masturbation for over two weeks. But it is not really a possible "cure". I don't know what to do anymore.

I am 28 almost 29. I feel your pain. My acne didn't really start till 19. Even then it was just small pimples, I thought my world had ended, so I saw a dermitoligist. Bad move, she instantly put me on accutane which made my acne alot worse and seemingly into a different scarring form. Pissed me off! I seem to go into remissions periodically, but it never dissapears. It always seems to morph into a new form. I have'nt had a scarring pimple for 9 years, then all the sudden I got one and did'nt even know what it was till it healed and left a scar. It is all I can think about. A bp wash with a bp cream seems to work the best for me, but I am still searching for the answer, especially for my light scarring. Trying some vitamins to see how it helps. My wife thinks I should try neutragena skin id, but I am chicken to change my regimine. Wish you the best.

Guest Rocky666

Well Murad probably didn't help your skin at all, a lot of ppl have been angered over the fact that Murad made their skin once, I made the mistake of ordering it from Ulta once but luckily for me I returned it as soon as it came because of all the horrible reviews on it. And also the Nature's Cure Pills are placebos aka sugar pills. Don't waste your time.

But you'r regimen of Cetaphil and Duac should show you some progress in the weeks to come so stick with it. I suggest throwing in a moisturizer for good measures.

Doz have you considered looking at your diet and lifestyle? Nutritional uptake (proper and improper) have a huge impact on skin health and lifestyle makes as well. I too had a problem with acne returning after the use of medication. That was until I decided to change my habit and finally rid the acne off my face.

Edited by dr.zit