Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deesra

Enjoy my hard-earned money....

Yeah, so, I have been using "Dan's" regimen for 2-3 months now, and this is bs. First of all it looks like Dan never had a pimple a day in his life the way his skin is utterly unscarred. I think this is a more sympathetic version of Proactive if you ask me. His regimen cleared a lot of the cyst acne under my jawline, but its like i have tons of blackheads and red marks everywhere and i want the results he gets, or so he says. He has no acne what so ever, and my forehead never gets clear there must be like over very teeny tiny bumps and they dont clear and my skin is probably getting raped by all these harsh products over the months its like f*ck man, im getting ready for college in a few months and this sh*t is ridiculous. I conserve money as it is and to spend money and time on something that isnt working is frustrating, seriously. Sometimes it's like my skin feels soo nice without using product but its like going from bad to worse without it looks-wise. wtf! I think I'm noticing a ton of scarring since my face cleared more than it was, is this normal. It seems like I never had this much scarring im 21 and as i get older my skins starts to look worse and worse, I only get one face in my life and its getting fucked up. Tell me how CEOs can master taking money from people by persuasive advertising, but a god-damned scientist... can't cure acne. Civilation can use science to send mofos to the moon, which is completely pointless, but they CANT CURE ACNE... gotta be frickin kidding me...

I'm experiencing the same thing, only it's making my forehead and back break out when they were clear, and elevated my face to severe. I agree Dan looks like he has never had a pimple in his life.

He profits from our suffering.

By the way, space exploration is very important.

Edited by crashoran
Yeah, so, I have been using "Dan's" regimen for 2-3 months now, and this is bs. First of all it looks like Dan never had a pimple a day in his life the way his skin is utterly unscarred. I think this is a more sympathetic version of Proactive if you ask me. His regimen cleared a lot of the cyst acne under my jawline, but its like i have tons of blackheads and red marks everywhere and i want the results he gets, or so he says. He has no acne what so ever, and my forehead never gets clear there must be like over very teeny tiny bumps and they dont clear and my skin is probably getting raped by all these harsh products over the months its like f*ck man, im getting ready for college in a few months and this sh*t is ridiculous. I conserve money as it is and to spend money and time on something that isnt working is frustrating, seriously. Sometimes it's like my skin feels soo nice without using product but its like going from bad to worse without it looks-wise. wtf! I think I'm noticing a ton of scarring since my face cleared more than it was, is this normal. It seems like I never had this much scarring im 21 and as i get older my skins starts to look worse and worse, I only get one face in my life and its getting fucked up. Tell me how CEOs can master taking money from people by persuasive advertising, but a god-damned scientist... can't cure acne. Civilation can use science to send mofos to the moon, which is completely pointless, but they CANT CURE ACNE... gotta be frickin kidding me...

I know you're frustrated, but it sounds like you are getting some results with your cysts, so let's talk a bit and see if we can boost your results. Keep in mind that Dan has had his acne under control with the Regimen for probably 10 years now, so his red marks have had plenty of time to fade. I know they can linger and that's maddening to deal with, but they will fade in time. Here's more info. http://www.acne.org/faq.html#redmarks

As for scarring, Dan says that he has very resilient skin, and I've seen him in person and believe it! You mentioned that once your cystic acne started clearing up the red marks and scars became more visible. Unfortunately, this is very often true. It isn't a result of the Regimen, as in the Regimen causing them, but often times once the inflamation and active acne clears you get a good look at what you're left with and sometimes this reveals scars that you didn't know you had before. When your face is often inflamed and red and covered in acne, scars can be hidden amongst all that and the acne is all you notice and focus on, and when the skin is clear you begin to notice all the other imperfections. Try not to focus on those right now while we work on your acne.

It sounds like your big breakouts have begun to clear, and that's a great step. Have you thought about adding in the AHA lotion? It can help take your skin to the next level and the exfoliation helps many people's red marks fade a bit quicker. It might be something for you to try. Dan likes to use it 2-3 nights per week after the bp instead of the moisturizer.

I'm also going to give you a few links and a little quiz to take and let's be sure you are using enough bp and doing everything correctly.

http://www.acne.org/regimenadvice.php

http://www.acne.org/biggestmistakes.html

http://www.acne.org/faq.html#notworking

Comment back on those links and the quiz and let me know if anything stood out to you and your situation.

Er...Dan's regimen is brilliant. It worked like nothing else for me.

IMO, anybody with acne should follow these two steps, and nothing else:

1.) Use BP (a huge amount of it, like Dan does)

If this fails,

2.) Go on Accutane.

I think the antibiotics, the retin-A, etc. are all a waste of time. To me it seems that BP and Accutane are the only two treatments that have worked consistently for huge numbers of people. Other treatments are all very individual-specific.

Edited by Beautiful Day

Dude

Ok so.. Maybe it hasn't worked but Dan has never compelled you or forced you to use his products.. Why are you blaming him.. He said you can do his regime with some suggested products which is not even his brand.. You never cry when some other dermatologists peels, laser treatments dont work too much... But even though Dan is giving something for free and trying to genuinely trying to help people you just find some problem in it... You hav just joined in August its not even been 3 months of you using the program.. give it some time ... or if u are such an impatient fellow who can't wait for results.. then stop his regime nobody asked you to not stop it.. BTW check the success stories a lot of people have got good results from it.. doesn't mean all... so learn to respect people for their time and effort in trying to clear other's acne up...

I hate to be another person countering the OP but, i have to defend dan here I was riddled with some pretty bad acne growing up and im now 22 and you cant tell I ever had acne at all, except for 1 scar on my forehead which is very small looks like a small crater =x.

Brandy, thanks for the info. It helped a bit to know what I need. It's just that my skin is soooo sensative that I can itch my stomache and a red blochy spot will appear for 10 minutes or so. My entire skin sucks. Sometimes I can get out of the shower after like a 10-minute rinse off, not even using any products like soap or anything and more often than not i get these red bloches on my skin vastly across my chest, wth is up with this??? When I used to play basketball I used to play with a shirt on and Id get those bloches ALL OVER my chest, like 10x worse than the shower deal, and they would burn and itch like hell. Why does my skin do this? Is it just ultra-sensative?

And sometimes on my face after a shower or a wash in areas where i have a few blackheads the entire area gets red and itchy... like my whole skin looks kinda one-tone and than there is that bloch wth.//

Katharine could be right...Some people ARE allergic to Benzoyl Peroxide. When I used ProActiv, I eventually thought I was allergic to Benzoyl Peroxide. Turns out, I was just using too much Benzoyl Peroxide.

And Dan isn't making a profit out of "suffering". He's going above and beyond to help people out people and their acne, rather they use his regimen or not, unlike other skin care companies. Do other skin care companies like ProActiv have a website like this? HELL NO! So don't take your rage out Dan, he's just trying to help...:)

And you also mentioned that you have redmarks and blackheads...Well the red marks will eventually fade away, while the blackheads may or may not clear up with the continue use of Benzoyl Peroxide...so time will tell how your results will turn out (patience is a virtue). You at least have your cystic acne on your jaw under control. If all else fails, then go to a derm.

Anyways, hope this helps you out in your predicament.

Brandy, thanks for the info. It helped a bit to know what I need. It's just that my skin is soooo sensative that I can itch my stomache and a red blochy spot will appear for 10 minutes or so. My entire skin sucks. Sometimes I can get out of the shower after like a 10-minute rinse off, not even using any products like soap or anything and more often than not i get these red bloches on my skin vastly across my chest, wth is up with this??? When I used to play basketball I used to play with a shirt on and Id get those bloches ALL OVER my chest, like 10x worse than the shower deal, and they would burn and itch like hell. Why does my skin do this? Is it just ultra-sensative?

And sometimes on my face after a shower or a wash in areas where i have a few blackheads the entire area gets red and itchy... like my whole skin looks kinda one-tone and than there is that bloch wth.//

sounds like your skin is just too sensitive for topical treatments (i too get red rashes on my skin after a hot shower); see a derm for oral antibiotics - stop using medications on your face, as I have done...use only water-based, sensitive skin cleansers and moisturizers

There is no miracle product. Nothing works for everyone. You are 21 and should know this by now. Suck it up and look for something else that works for your skin type. I am 24 and clear for the first time in my life thanks to these products, just because it was a waste of your money does not mean it will be a waste for everyone.

I just think you might need to check with a derm to find out if your skin is allergic to anything first, before trying chemical on, especially you can even get a rash after a shower without putting any soap on...

Worst scenario I heard is that someone can be allergic to his own sweat......

Edited by katharine
I was always under the impression that this website and company were not-for-profit. I mean, how else could he get the '.org' affix?

The store is actually http://www.danielkern.com/, this is where all products are sold and is not hosted under acne.org.

It does sound like your skin is ultrasenstive all over. Not just where you apply your acne meds. I know it's frustrating but keep in mind that it isn't Dan's fault or the products, if you have this type of skin. Have you ever thought of seeing a Dermatologist? You may have something else going on in addition to acne that would result in all the red blotches and blotchy skin. The burning and itching are definitely not good, and even more so if simply showering without soap results in this happening to you.

...something else that may or may not be making your acne worse is hair products, especially if you are an athlete and tend to sweat more than normal...this happened to me, i have to be careful with what conditioners and styling products i use

going to the moon wasn't pointless. centuries from now they're going to live somewhere else than earth. and the budget for space exploration exceeds that of any acne research, so that would explain why they were able to accomplish that goal.

and yes, im sure dan is enjoying your money to the fullest.

Edited by Butch_

you're 21 and just getting to college now??? someone shoulda locked this thread before this whole thing started. You're not the brightest star in the sky if you know what i mean......... I've been on Dans regiment 1 week and have seen definite results but only time will tell...

you're 21 and just getting to college now??? someone shoulda locked this thread before this whole thing started. You're not the brightest star in the sky if you know what i mean......... I've been on Dans regiment 1 week and have seen definite results but only time will tell...

Not everybody has the luxury of having parents pay for college, so some people have to actually work before going to college so they don't have to deal with getting into credit card and loan debt.