Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
paranoid1

New Brand-Name ISOTRETINOIN Undergoing Phase III Study

To anyone who's interested, I came across this article on the internet today:

Cipher CP-Isotretinoin

Here's an excerpt:

In the clinical studies that formed the basis of its New Drug Application with the FDA, CIP-ISOTRETINOIN demonstrated significantly more consistent absorption under variable dietary conditions compared with existing isotretinoin products on the market. To achieve optimal absorption, current isotretinoin formulations are prescribed to be taken with meals, which proves to be a compliance challenge for many teenagers. CIP-ISOTRETINOIN uses the patent-protected Lidose® drug delivery system, which delivers super-bioavailability for relatively water-insoluble compounds. Cipher was issued a patent for CIP-ISOTRETINOIN by the United States Patent and Trademark Office in 2008.

Cipher CP-Isotretinoin

Here's an excerpt:

In the clinical studies that formed the basis of its New Drug Application with the FDA, CIP-ISOTRETINOIN demonstrated significantly more consistent absorption under variable dietary conditions compared with existing isotretinoin products on the market. To achieve optimal absorption, current isotretinoin formulations are prescribed to be taken with meals, which proves to be a compliance challenge for many teenagers. CIP-ISOTRETINOIN uses the patent-protected Lidose® drug delivery system, which delivers super-bioavailability for relatively water-insoluble compounds. Cipher was issued a patent for CIP-ISOTRETINOIN by the United States Patent and Trademark Office in 2008.

It's going to be a while before this drug enters the market, but it's closer to that than SMT-D002. I've researched a little on Accutane and ever since Roche stopped marketing their drug, it appears the generic brands of Accutane do not work as well. I could be wrong on this, but it's sad to hear about acne returning after a course or two of Accutane. Given that, here is some information that would be of use to everyone. (If at all). Thanks!

My prescription says Roche on it :s

Cipher CP-Isotretinoin

Here's an excerpt:

It's going to be a while before this drug enters the market, but it's closer to that than SMT-D002. I've researched a little on Accutane and ever since Roche stopped marketing their drug, it appears the generic brands of Accutane do not work as well. I could be wrong on this, but it's sad to hear about acne returning after a course or two of Accutane. Given that, here is some information that would be of use to everyone. (If at all). Thanks!

My prescription says Roche on it :s

Roche makes generics, too.