Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Suhail

Beware Dermarolling....

I've noticed that if you dermaroll on normal skin ( which is almost inevitable if you roll ) you can damage your normal skin. I've noticed very small holes where the needle entered the normal skin and they've been there for a few weeks now. Just warning everyone. I don't know if their permanent or not but just be careful and not too aggressive.

Oh this is disappointing!

did you take any vitamin supplements when doing dermaroller???

R u sure this is not scarring that was already there, before the dermarolling?

Another thing maybe those who are about to try dermarolling (*to see how yur skin will react) is to do a test on another part of your body, preferably where u may have a scar.

Test out the dermaroller there, and see how your skin heals up ,and then progress once you see good healing to the facial area????

When I examine my face closely I can see the pin pricks and some holes where I dermarolled using a 1.5. You just have to be careful. I was aggressive but not red bleeding aggressive but my skin is tender now. I don't have bad scarring at all. My scarring is very minimal... and I'm just trying to improve what I have.

you know u still r in the healing phase of this right now. your skin is still remodelling itself, so this may be a completely temporary result.

keep us up to date and let us know how it heals or even if it doesnt.

r u taking any supploements?

I think this happens to a very small percentage of users. You might not heal as well as others. I think this is the second or third time I've heard of this.

I've never experienced this. Sometimes, I use a lot of pressure and I've even used 3mm rollers, sometimes blood spurts a lot more than usual and I'm like 'oh sh*t, I shouldn't do it too hard', but I never get what you describe. I can't see any holes the following day.

that's why i think doing a test on another part of your skin first, before attempting the face is a good idea, to see how you are going to heal up from this.

About the patch test, that's a good idea. I always do that.

The weird thing with me though, when first needled I did it on my forearm, I got raised red bumps that took a couple of weeks to go away; however, when I do it on my face I don't get such thing.

hmm, maybe the skin on the face reacts differently.

I know my skin on my face actually heals up better, than say if i get an injury on my leg or hands.