Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
j4sheezy

Eyebrows on Accutane

Hello everyone.

I'm on my 2nd month of accutane, and I'm just curious. Do people still pluck their eyebrows on accutane? I've heard that doing anything such as waxing (which i suppose plucking sort of is) can be REALLY disasterous on accutane. Can someone give me advice? Is it okay? If not are there any alternative options?

THanks

j4sheezy

also, has anyone tried nair for this sort of thing? thanks

Hi -

No, you're not suppose to wax on Accutane. You can gently pluck your brows or get them threaded. Ask your Derm. for specifics. Other no-no's on Tane, no tanning, being out in the cold/harsh weather, no lasers, no acids/retinoids, vitamin A supplements, St. John's Wort, to name a few.

Good luck.

Yvette

It's up to individuals, I guess. As for me, I still have my eyebrow trimming, and my Brazilian wax, as usual. Well, but you have to take my doctor's words first that he's amazed at my body's ability to tolerate Accutane. Or is it because I'm on low dose?

I still pluck mine with no problems.

I tried Nair on my eyebrows once when I was in high school. My eyelids were swollen for days! I would definitely NOT recommend it!

My hairstylist said they have all been trained in her salon that they are not to wax any customer who is on accutane. This is because you can actually end up tearing/waxing the skin off in the eye area. When you pluck you aren't pulling on the skin, just the hair itself, so I assume that should be fine. I'm starting month 3 and I've been plucking without any issue.