Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MeFirst

Milk=poison?

Hello,

Several days ago I found a web page containing a very useful interview with Robert Cohen author of www.Notmilk.com. This is the link for the first part www.naturalnews.com/002684_Crohns_disease_dairy_products_cows_milk.html . It's quite a long read but I guarantee you will have a different vision on milk and acne after you finish with it. It certainly had an impact on me. Looking forward for your comments ;).

Edited by MeFirst

Was my mom's milk also affected by this? I was too young to know this!!

Yes it applies to your mother's milk as well ;) . The difference is that it was coming from a human body in a perfectly natural way, and at the time your baby organism needed it so you can grow up healthy.

Mammals need milk when they are babies. The capability to digest it is lost after that.

I abadoned all dairy when I started to care about how I look, though I do sometimes have a little butter..and tiny tiny milk in my tea..

"Teenage acne is improved the second we give up milk. It takes a couple of weeks, and the acne's gone. And these androgens stimulate the sebaceous glands, which are the glands that cause the acne, cause the zits."

I love that line. Maybe I should try giving up milk for a couple weeks and see what happens.

I love that line. Maybe I should try giving up milk for a couple weeks and see what happens.

Yes, as the articles says- try giving up all milk and dairy products for 7 days then on the 8th day eat only pizza and ice-cream for desert. See what happens and how your body will respond ;) ;) ;)

Edited by MeFirst

LOL mefirst, ice-cream and pizza aren't exactly the healthiest things anyway it might not be the milk/cheese alone that'd cause the zits :P

Apparently, it is the high level of iodine present in dairy products which triggers acne flares, rather than "hormones". Saying this, cutting down on the dairy has been a worthwhile investment for me, regardless of the physiology behind it. Perhaps a low 'iodised' salt content may be worth adding to the no/low dairy regime. Just a thought.

Much love,

Jay.

I don't know why but I thought milk and dairy products contained lots of estrogen.. I had the assumption that when women's bodies have high levels of estrogen their breasts produce milk (during pregnancy and after)?

Chickens and cows, they are injected with estrogen-related chemicals to increase their growth rates so we injest these estrogen as well?

I abadoned all dairy when I started to care about how I look, though I do sometimes have a little butter..and tiny tiny milk in my tea..

This is a little off topic, but my mother had terrible problems with kidney stones. Well, her Doctor finally figured out it was because she put milk in her hot tea. He said there is something about tea and makes the calcium in the milk salidify and that's what was building into a kidney stone. If you start getting them, drop the milk from you tea. :)

Heres another quote from the site:

Although there are 4,700 mammals in the animal kingdom, we

applied the alphabet game and imagined drinking body fluids

from the following:

A = Anteater (Yeech)

B = Badger

C = Cat

D = Dog

E = Elephant

F = Fox

G = Giraffe

H = Human breast milk

I = Impala

J = Jackrabbit

K = Kangaroo

L = Lemming

M = Muskrat

N = Narwhale

O = Orangutan

P = Platypus (Love that PUS)

Q = Quagga (half-zebra, half horse, according to Lizzy)

R = Raccoon

S = Seal

T = Tiger

U = Unicorn (Sorry, Lizzy, they're all gone

V = Vampire bat

W = Walrus

X = (Lizzy claims that there is no X. I asked,

if there is no X, how do we make baby animals.

She didn't get it. I didn't push it.

Y = Yak

Z = Zebra

Milk with cookies sounds disgusting from any of the above,

particularly human breast milk which just so happens to be

nature's perfect food for baby humans. The thought of

drinking human breast mil at my age is beyond comical. It's

repulsive.

Why is it innately disgusting? Because instinctively, we

know that milk from the mother of a specific species of

mammal to her infant is the perfect food for that baby. The

milk contains lactoferrins, immunoglobulins, and other

hormones that were designed for that species.

Why do we LOVE cow's milk?

We've been brainwashed!

Edited by MeFirst