Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MarkP9114

SOTRET! HELP ASAP PLEASE

I've heard bad things about the generic sotret brand. My doctor just called me and said they sent it to my local pharmacy and I can pick it up. I called the pharmacy and asked what brand they had and they said sotret. I'm kind of scared because I do not want that brand. What do you think? Should I go pick it up now? Or find a place that carries claravis?

You may not have a choice here. Did they already run it through your insurance? And, why, exactly are you against sotret? I've taken both sotret and claravis (my course will be split 50/50 by the end) and I've noticed no difference between the two.

I don't know why i'm against it. Just from reading on here. A lot of people seem to have problems with sotret and switch over to claravis and they are fine. and then I watched some youtube video of this girl who was on sotret and she hated it and she said that it's something about the inconsistency of how sotret is made..like not every pill is made the same? Idk but I ran a search and it seems a lot of people did not react well with sotret and when they switched to another brand, they cleared up better.

I guess I can be like everyone else and TRY sotret and switch over to clarvis when I talk to my derm in a month. I just don't want to waste my time with this brand

you would think not. I mentioned this to my nurse during my first visit. All she said was "Yes, it's true some generic brands are better than others" and she told me if I wanted a specific brand, I would have to call around. WELL i did call around and NONE of the 10 pharmacies I called had accutane. Then finally the last pharmacy I called the lady was being completely rude telling me that accutane was obselete and they don't manufacture that anymore. Yes I knew this but you would think that she would tell me if she had a generic brand of accutane in stock also. I called back and she was like WHO IS THIS? WHAT DO YOU NEED? I then asked if they had a GENERIC brand of accutane and she said yes, I asked what kind and she said sotret. So none of the pharmacies in my area even have accutane.

I was going to pick it up today, since my nurse called and said she sent it to the pharmacy I requested. Stupid CVS said they didn't recieve any order from a doctor about filling my prescription, so now i have to wait until tomorrow and call my dermatologist office and see whats going on.

Don't worry about it. I was on sotret my first month and it really cleared me the hell up. Did absolute wonders for my oily skin, too!

GRRRRRRR. how frustrating is this! I went to the pharmacy for the one millionth time to pick up my prescription and the lady was like "I have bad news" and I was like "what?" She told me that my insurance company doesn't "like" the drug, so they are unsure if they will cover it. and now I called my dermatologist's office and they have to fax a bunch of forms to the insurance company and try to persuade them to cover it. Which i don't think will work. My parent's insurance never cover ANYTHING. I dont know what to do..She told me it would be 1,000 for ONE month's supply of GENERIC accutane! How craaaaazy is that!? Looks like if my insurance can't cover it, I can't go on it :(

I was sooooooo close too :'(

No go to another pharmacy at first my insurance was not sure to cover but my derms office send in paperwork and they approve well before this when i went to the pharmacy they said since my insurance didnt approve the medicine would be 247 for a months supply. Some pharmacies also have a plan that cover a portion of the meds. like walgreens

Do call around to different pharmacies and ask for the cash price. You'd be surprised at how different the prices are. I've seen as much as a $300 difference for one months supply around here. And, that walgreens program is supposed to be great, but be aware you can't use both your insurance and the program. It's one or the other. Good luck!

thanks guys for the info! i'm going to wait it out until my dermatologist office calls me when they found out, so i will know for sure. I hate insurance companies..if a doctor prescribed me medicine they should cover it! I can see how they wouldn't cover it, if I was just some random person that chose what prescription I wanted. I can't believe insurance companies have the final say in whether or not I'll be able to take it! GR. I'll check out the walgreens plan thing. Has anyone used it for accutane?

checked walgreens..and it is $300 for a months supply.

Thats still a lot :( i'm praying my insurance pays for it

Edited by MarkP9114

good and bad news!

my pharmacy called me today and said that my insurance approved. I only paid $10 for a months supply. bad news is that i just burnt my hand! :( hurts like a mother. I dont think im going to start taking the sotret until it heals because if my hands get dry while my burn is trying to heal that would not be good.

Omg! Sotret is no good!! I was on it and I nearly broke out. On my third month they told me they don't make that brand anymore because the makers got sued!! So now I'm on amnesteem and I'm breaking out like crazy!!! Everything is coming out!!! It's so stressful! I'm not sure if it's working or what!? I'm a lil nervous but Ima stick it out. There's a big difference in generic brand

Omg! Sotret is no good!! I was on it and I nearly broke out. On my third month they told me they don't make that brand anymore because the makers got sued!! So now I'm on amnesteem and I'm breaking out like crazy!!! Everything is coming out!!! It's so stressful! I'm not sure if it's working or what!? I'm a lil nervous but Ima stick it out. There's a big difference in generic brand

WHaT! Nooo way! What the heck i knew i shouldnt have gotten sotret. Did your derm tell you this?

WHaT! Nooo way! What the heck i knew i shouldnt have gotten sotret. Did your derm tell you this?

He said it's no difference but I could tell from my break outs. I had white cysts insidemy skin that would never come out! I took amnesteem and now I see my initial break out and them white cyst or now tumor looking pimpled! Ugh I'm going insane! But atleast there coming out now and soon my face will look better.

U never know everyones different . I just hope this is working for me cuz I'm in accutane hell right now ;(

i just took my first 20 mg this morning. and I have the worst headache ever. I feel like my brain is throbbing.

It doesn't help that I am already sick with the flu. I asked the pharmacist if I should take it if I am sick and she just told me to take a lot of vitamin C with it.

grr I feel like crap