Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jjj333kkk2

My chin area will not clear after 9 months of Regimen!

Hey guys,

I have been on the regimen for about nine months, and it has worked incredibly well for me. I have had absolutely no acne on my entire face since I started, except for one place where it keeps popping up: the area that is around the bottom of my mouth. I get 1-2 medium sized pimples there every week.

For the past eight and a half months I was so happy that my skin was so clear that I overlooked this one problem. But over the past two weeks, I have become incredibly frustrated with trying to solve it. So here is my situation:

I apply two pumps of Dan's Benzoyl Peroxide three times a day, at morning, noon and evening. (I found that using it only two times a day made me still break out). However, I do not bother to use the cleanser, as in the mornings I just lather up my face in the shower with soap and gently scrub, and then apply the BP after I get out of the shower. I also do not bother to use the moisturizer, as I find that my face handles Benzoyl Peroxide extremely well and does not flake/get red or anything.

In addition to that, over the past two weeks I have been carrying my Benzoyl Peroxide bottle around in my bag (I am a first-year undergrad student), and applying a small amount (1/4 pump) to the bottom mouth area in between classes. I do this, maybe 5-6 times a day.

I am on a meal plan, but I do not eat anything outside the main courses that they serve (meat, potatoes, vegetables, etc.) and real juice. I do not eat any desserts, snack on anything unhealthy, etc.

I am extremely sure that the reason this particular area of my face gets these pimples is related to the fact that I shave every morning. I use the Gillette Excel triple-blade (Dan says to use the Gillette Sensor Excel two-blade which I will switch to soon) and Neutrogena Razor Defence Shaving Gel. I shave after I have a shower.

In any case, that is my situation, and it is what I have been trying to do to stop these bottom-mouth pimples. Yet, they keep coming. I just got a new one on my face this morning. So please help me. I need suggestions on what I should change. Fortunately (or perhaps unfortunately) I know you guys are all experts at this.

Thanks

Edited by Beautiful Day

Hmmm... Maybe... there is some other problem.. as you are tensed about it.. Maybe due to over stressing about it.. or maybe you keep touching that area to check on the pimple or popping it... Just try to think less about it and leave it alone may be it will work then or you can try changing you diet a bit... It might work... :) hope it gets cleared ..

Ciao.