Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AI3forever

Can scars be healed( emotional and physical scars )?

Not only does these scars on my face results in ugly physical marks, but also mental issues which makes me so freaking depressed you have no idea how f-kin ectastic and happy I would be to be able to have smooth skin.

In fact, there are girls wanting to get closer to know me and stuff, but i feel so f-uped inside me, so freaking corrupted by the hatred I have of this issue for years that I know there is no use continuing a relationship.( if you aren't happy in your present state, how do you bring happiness to others? )

I feel so shitty that I just get passing grades for my schoolwork, when I wanted to be an outstanding student before. Also, I know this aint glamarous to be sharing and all, but I had random sex with girls just for the sake of it so that I can f-king self destruct myself and not think about anything. Other ways that I try to "forget" my reality are by drinking, smoking and going to clubs and just dance, get high.

Also, I had real bad depression before, to the point of wanting to commit suicide, I mean my scars are bad( theres improvement ), however after having them for so long, you become so f-king conscious of them, I always felt like my face looked like freddy krueger to others( especially under neon lights ). Though, I did not commit suicide, wanting to do something and actually doing it are two different things. And the reason I do not suicide because I have hope someday this will end. Im still having depression, but im kind of "immuned" to it to the point that I just ignore the depressed feelings that my body generates all the time. I just let it be.

However, this toil is dragging on me. I feel very very tired on this.

I'm really sorry you're having such a rough time. I know it's hard, but try to keep in mind that you are so much more than your skin.

I know that im much more then my skin. But sometimes, you wished you had the easier way like everyone else. Cause of my bad skin, I dont really bother to dress up nicely, or style my hair etc. Its also hurting and irritating when friends tell you that you dont have image, or ask why I dont have a girlfriend. ( I know I can get one, read above, its just that I feel so lost right now, how am I going to be loving to another person when im feeling full or frustration now? ) Of course, using this as a reason for my friend would sound pathetic to them so I dont even bother to reply anything.

we all get our low point in our life, and we all get depressed, but don't give it up. Good things will come eventually, just that some people have to work and fight harder for it . You know that if you're not happy with your current situation, you are the one who have to pick yourself up, and try soemthing different. It's easier to just stay miserable, but that's not the way you want to spend your life doing. You don't want to keep drinking, smoking, getting high and f*cking with random girls, not to mention it's definitely not helping your skin. Give a little courage, step out your comfort zone and force yourslf to stop the bad habit and do something that'll help.

There are girls out there interested in you, meaning you do NOT look like crap. It might be really your chance, and you're going to miss out on life again? Sometimes a relationship can help you. I believe in a relationship, people stay with each other, support each other, comforts each other and brings the better side out of each other. No one is all perfect and lovable.

It's tough, going through acne, but don't let it keep dragging you down on other aspect in your life. It CAN be better. It CAN change.

Edited by katharine

I had depression and had to take tablets for it cause i was crying all the time, i couldn't sleep, barely eating, i looked like a homeless person even tho i had a roof over my head, clean clothes and stuff lol, smoking alot, one point i also turned to weed, i shuted all my friends out only people i see is my parents which is every month or two for a week, the only time i see day light or night light is when i walk out my door to the car to go back to my mums, or when i have serious matters and i have no other choice. most of the time im at home with my son and bf which are keeping me strong. I went of depression tablets after a year cause I started to depend on it so much which could be dangerious so my doc and bf said it was best to not have them around.

Have you spoken to your parents? They might be able to help you someone who's close and give you the support you need. If it was not for my bf helping me I think I would be a total mess truthly.

Make your parents listen I'm sure any parent would like to know if their child is not happy.

It's a big step to tell someone how it makes you feel especially face to face took me quite long to tell my bf too but it's not as bad as it seems once you've got it off your mind.

I have a cousin who I admirer she has acne proberly bigger and painful than mine but she walks and acts like shes the sexiest woman on earth and her personailty beated the acne cause her personailty makes her beautiful. I hope I can be just like her one day too. Keep strong don't give up!

dude just stop giving a fuck what people think i go outside without a care i dont give a fuck what people think thats how i live i dont care

Since your problem is two-part, you have physical scars and as a result of those physical scars you are hurt emotionally, I'll address both issues.

First off, you absolutely do not knowwhat the future holds. You don't know what kind of technology will exist or in what ways your skin can be improved. If you're not in physical pain, count that as a blessing. I'm also assuming since you're on here posting a message that physically and mentally, you are a capable person. You may not like your skin, but there is nothing physically preventing you from doing anything you want to do. If people are going to judge you because of your skin, you don't even have to waste your time on them. Life is short--time is the most valuable thing we've got. I actually feel sorry for people who judge someone based on their appearance; it shows that their faults lay in something far more significant than appearance--they are close-minded!

As far as your emotional scars go, whenever you hold on to a negative situation and replay it, how it made you feel, etc..., the only thing that does is make that negative thing in your life all the more powerful. If your acne took this amount of time from your life, and is making you feel down, why let it take any more of your time and energy? Instead of thinking to yourself that you can't do something because of your scars, you should think about how you're going to do it IN SPITE OF your scars. It's like the underdog winning for a change. When they lose it's like yeah well the odds were against them, but when they WIN--what an upset! You've got to prove yourself wrong; you've got to prove to yourself that your acne doesn't prevent you from doing anything. You start with small things; things that you think you might possibly have a chance at doing successfully. From there you just keep building and building. When your confidence is low, the only way to make it grow is to get a couple of wins for yourself. When you're feeling down on yourself, it's a cliché, but it's true: the only place to go is up.

Since your problem is two-part, you have physical scars and as a result of those physical scars you are hurt emotionally, I'll address both issues.

First off, you absolutely do not knowwhat the future holds. You don't know what kind of technology will exist or in what ways your skin can be improved. If you're not in physical pain, count that as a blessing. I'm also assuming since you're on here posting a message that physically and mentally, you are a capable person. You may not like your skin, but there is nothing physically preventing you from doing anything you want to do. If people are going to judge you because of your skin, you don't even have to waste your time on them. Life is short--time is the most valuable thing we've got. I actually feel sorry for people who judge someone based on their appearance; it shows that their faults lay in something far more significant than appearance--they are close-minded!

As far as your emotional scars go, whenever you hold on to a negative situation and replay it, how it made you feel, etc..., the only thing that does is make that negative thing in your life all the more powerful. If your acne took this amount of time from your life, and is making you feel down, why let it take any more of your time and energy? Instead of thinking to yourself that you can't do something because of your scars, you should think about how you're going to do it IN SPITE OF your scars. It's like the underdog winning for a change. When they lose it's like yeah well the odds were against them, but when they WIN--what an upset! You've got to prove yourself wrong; you've got to prove to yourself that your acne doesn't prevent you from doing anything. You start with small things; things that you think you might possibly have a chance at doing successfully. From there you just keep building and building. When your confidence is low, the only way to make it grow is to get a couple of wins for yourself. When you're feeling down on yourself, it's a cliché, but it's true: the only place to go is up.

I second that. Awesome reply, Donna. :clap: