Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fashion girl

Starting Accutane

Hello All,

Starting Accutane on Oct 15th and countdown is on!!! I am 31 and have had ance since I was 14 or so. So It's time to get rid of this FOR GOOD! Anyway I am scared of the side effects like everybody else, I'm hoping I will tolerate the medicine well. Thats why I joined this group, so I can get support. Nobody in my life has ance so it's hard to relate to anybody. Well I wish everybody good luck and clear skin. :dance:

Welcome, fashion girl! My story sounds much like yours; I am in my early thirties and have had acne since I was around 11 or 12 years old, so I know what you are going through. I was also leery of going on Accutane because of the side effects, but decided to finally take the plunge and so far, so good.

I've been on Claravis for almost 30 days now, I have my first month follow up appt tomorrow and have not had too many side effects, just some aches and pains, the dry lips, and hair shedding. The excellent news is that it has dried my oily skin up and it is an amazing feeling...my make-up stays in one place ALL DAY!

So welcome...and I wish you luck on your Accutane journey. I hope your experience is a positive one! :D