Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shar26

Not been on here for 8 months

I've been 100% clear for the past 7 months or so after 60MG of accutane for 18 weeks, this was my second course as the first which was 60MG for 12-14weeks did not really clear me up.

All seemed to be well, i had a really bad start to the year with an EPIC breakout from starting the accutane, however once that had cleared i've been completely clear ever since. Around 7-8 months now, i've been loving life once again after 5 years of misery, got myself into university and everything :)... Until that is the past couple of weeks my skins started turning against me again :/, had a great routine which i've stuck to and not changed one bit but gradually my skin is getting worse, or it seems to be i dont know if its a one off kind of breakout but going by my history i really doubt that. Its not really bad but a lot of marks keep coming up and each day it seems to get a bit worse >.< my dermatologist is just a ring away and he said he would put me straight back on accutane if it got bad again but i dont know weather to call or what, i know as of yet i feel its not bad enough to go back on the stuff but if it keeps going the way it is i will end up back for a third course, i really dont want to :/. I just dont understand skin lol :(

Well, just thought i would keep you guys updated as i've not been on here in so long... Any comments or anything i'll reply :)

It takes so long to get started on Accutane (bloodwork, and iPLEDGE registration/pregnancy testing if you're a girl). The process will probably take about a month. Why not make the arrangements to go back on accutane and if your skin clears in a month, don't take it. At least that way if your skin keeps breaking out you can go right back on accutane rather than waiting.

Good luck!

Maybe it's not a problem that's going to be solved by meds then? I had the same problems as you and finally after struggling to find the problem I changed my diet. Moved to whole foods, lots of meat and veggies, no dairy, no processed grains, and no vegetable oils, and it made has been a blessing. You might give it a shot, it may help your skin tremendously, and even if it doesn't, your body will thank you for it!