Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sebby

Regimen makes skin more likley to scar?

Hi Guys,

I've been on the regimen for about 4 months now and have been getting fairly positive results although having odd weeks where still get rash of pimples.

One thing I wanted to ask is I've discovered for the first time in my life, scaring occurying where once active acne was and in some cases where there was no pimples before.

In total in last month I've noticed 3 new scars including box-cut scar on my cheeck and this is from someone who has had much more persistent and larger acne but never developed scars.

So my question is, does Dan's regimen make scar more sensative/weaker and likley to scar?

I am very scared and don't want to develop any further scars.

Thank you

That is odd. When I was using it the Regimen didn't make me scar at all, maybe even less. I was using AHA+ though so maybe you would like to incorporate that into the Regimen because it is great for scars.

I was just about to post about this too.. my skin has become full of scars, even where I haven't had any active pimples when I started the regimen. Any foresight???

I was just about to post about this too.. my skin has become full of scars, even where I haven't had any active pimples when I started the regimen. Any foresight???

If you now have scars, even where there was never any acne, it maybe that the skin has exfoliated and calmed down to reveal old scars.

Or are they definitely scars, not lines of tightness?

I've never heard of Benzoyl Peroxide alone causing scars in all the studies I have read, and would be surprised especially at 2.5%.

Edited by Rubbish

I think that too.

I had NEVER had scars, but since I'm on the regimens I've noticed some scarred pores and three scars on my forehead.

Thankfully they're not too noticiable and and not very deep. What has worked for me and is really making them go is adapalene that has vitamin A and is very good for skin reconstruction. I've used it sucessfully on a couple of strech marks aswell =x

Anyways, it's very strong and i advise you to use it in alternate days and be sure to mosturize always, and put it with a Q-tip only on top of the scar. That's crucial, or your skin will peel off too much, and get red.

If you think you can handle it, you can use it everyday (only once) but I find it's too harsh for me.

It does take from 2 to 6 months to get them away, though, so be patient.

Anyways...

i'm very concerned about my bacne now! Never had it before, but a couple of months before getting in the regimens it started and I'been using bp on it too, just as long as my tea tree oil doesn't arrive, but I really don't want to get any scars in my back, that would be really bad =/

From my experience, BP does not make you more prone to scarring, but does make the redmarks stay much longer (about twice as long as it would take to fade). Scars and redmarks are different.

At first I didn't think it was possible for a cream to cause scars. I just looked it up and apparently, bp CAN cause acne scars! Why the hell would I want to use a product that (may) kill acne, but leave me with scars? Scars are 10 times worse than acne, because you can't get rid of them.

Now I am re thinking this whole BP thing. I am not willing to develop scars. I've already noticed the odd texture my acne has gotten.