Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi Im new here and have been fighting acne since I was about in late 5th to 6th grade. Im now 16 and my acne has progressively gotten worse over the years. Ive dried numerous antibiotics and different regimens but still yet no success. I learned to stop picking at my face around 8th grade which helped alot. Around highschool my face got realllllly bad. I finally decided to try the urine therapy. First attempt i gave up, probably because of my consistency doing it. But in the summer I was using a pro-biotic soap for a face wash, applying urine, and then using jojoba oil. My face had become the best I had seen it in a very long time. As soon as I got back in school my face began to breakout again! So i thought why not try milk of magnesia, since i tried it before, and give it new hope. So now i wash with the pro-biotic soap, apply MoM, then put on jojoba oil. Its been about a week now and I don't think Ive really seen much improvement what so ever besides the redness sort of subsiding. Ive also noticed that most of my acne is around where my sideburns/ beard is, which i rarely ever shave. Im thinking of returning to the urine therapy because that made my face look great, but after reading tons of reviews im wondering if vie grown immune to it. I know it cant be my diet because everyone tells me im a freak for all the healthy shit I eat haha, ive also started taking around 3 grams of omega-3 fishoil and 1 50mg zinc tablet a day.

I would really appreciate it if you guys could help me diagnose using the pictures that i have attached and the info I have given you to help me out. criticize my regimen tell me everything im doing wrong i just want this shit gone for good or atleast manageable where i wont be embarssed about my face when im close to a girl for godsakes. ALMOST forgot to tell you that i want to do everything as close as possible to natural because ive realized chemicals and pills are just bad news.

for the pictures my face isnt oily i just had some jojoba oil on.

post-113241-1254874565_thumb.jpg

post-113241-1254874589_thumb.jpg

post-113241-1254874610_thumb.jpg

post-113241-1254874565_thumb.jpg

post-113241-1254874589_thumb.jpg

post-113241-1254874610_thumb.jpg

Edited by Yeaa buddy

if i were you, i would try dan's regimen. it has HONESTLY worked for me. im 17, senior in HS, and i was allllllwwwwaaaays embarrased by my skin, especially around guys :) it hella sucks. please try the regimen, PLEASE! if it works for me, then i definitely believe it will work for you. the only embarassing thing is the dry, flaky skin. but if i can deal with CLEAR-ish skin (not entirely...yet) instead of what i had, then i will do it, gladly. so really, you need to try it. give it about a month... i saw results in one week and got pretty darn clear in 3 weeks. it does make ur face red, but only temporarily. and jojoba oil has helped me with the flakiness. :) i hope i can help u further!!

Your main problem by the looks of it seems to be inflammation. I suggest applying aloe vera gel to the affected area of your face. It will reduce the redness and help prevent red marks once the pimple heals up.

also, don't shave with a razor. if you must shave, use the trimmer that most electric razors have as a side-option.

i know it sounds like the opposite thing to do, but try to wash your face only twice a day, since your face might be over-producing oil when over-washing.

Dude that's severe acne i don't care what anyone else says...

Why do you have to be such an ass all the time? Even if it was severe, that tone is not very funny.

And I definitely don't think it's severe. Moderate, yes. If it was me I would go on accutane, but it doesn't hurt to try other things first. Differin or other topical retinoids have helped me a bit before when I've had really troublesome moderate acne. Benzoyl Peroxide only seemed to irritate, but then I seem very intolerant due to my sensitive skin; perhaps BP could be good for you.

Whatever you do, don't get lost in the obsessive-compulsive holistic/nutritional pit. Soon you won't be able to think about other things than acne :confused:

Dude that's severe acne i don't care what anyone else says...

Why do you have to be such an ass all the time? Even if it was severe, that tone is not very funny.

And I definitely don't think it's severe. Moderate, yes. If it was me I would go on accutane, but it doesn't hurt to try other things first. Differin or other topical retinoids have helped me a bit before when I've had really troublesome moderate acne. Benzoyl Peroxide only seemed to irritate, but then I seem very intolerant due to my sensitive skin; perhaps BP could be good for you.

Whatever you do, don't get lost in the obsessive-compulsive holistic/nutritional pit. Soon you won't be able to think about other things than acne :confused:

An ass all the time? What the fuck are you talking about? I'm just being honest! If you want to tell him that his acne is not-noticeable and that it's going to go away without scarring and red marks then fine, do it, but don't let his hopes up.

Topicals won't work on this guy. As a matter of fact, he even states it in the main post.

i have aloe in my yard and i used to use it alot but i didnt think it really helped.

well i thought about accutane but i hear a shitload more negative results then good. not just the bad side effects but the fact that it just made them breakout more. my cousin had really bad cystic acne and it got rid of it for him but it made him really sore and he never grew anymore once he started using it.

i have aloe in my yard and i used to use it alot but i didnt think it really helped.

well i thought about accutane but i hear a shitload more negative results then good. not just the bad side effects but the fact that it just made them breakout more. my cousin had really bad cystic acne and it got rid of it for him but it made him really sore and he never grew anymore once he started using it.

how old was your cousin?

I would go ahead and talk to your dermitologist. He might want to put you on antibiotics that can give you some relief, while you search for a regimen that works for you.

Feel you brotha.

It looks to me like you have alot of inflammation as I do. I'd really give Dan's Regimen a shot, if it's used correctly it really does work. Watch his videos on youtube and how to apply and how much. I screwed up on my first month of using it because I was so hard on my face and didn't really use how much stated. After I started following directions within 2 weeks I was seeing good results.

I think it just looks worse because you just applied the oil. I would try to drink some ACV daily, what could do wrong? It has helped me, and it takes like 5 seconds of your day. It does taste bad, but you get used to it. Make sure you mix it with water though.