Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yvette4944

Finished Accutane..1 year update.

Hey there..I haven't posted in quite awhile but I just wanna tell those of you still going thru the process that it's def. worth it..this site helped me keep my sanity while going thru my "tane" experience and I'll gladly answer any questions (I had a bunch..lol) so first off I just wanted to thank ACNE.ORG...

OK..I've been off Accutane since about April of this year, i started off with pretty bad acne (pics in the gallery). started tane in Oct 2008..I went thru all the nervousness, people saying "don't do it, it's dangerous", etc. but they weren't going thru what I was and I figured things couldn't get any worse so WTH, right? I experienced everything they said I would Dry flaky skin, chapped lips, a headache here and there but nothing life threatening. and believe me when I say, I WOULD DO IT ALL AGAIN TOMORROW!!

It's been a year since I took that first pill and let me tell you, I don't have 1 zit on my face, not even one!! :clap: I haven't even had so much as a small breakout since Feb. (although my derm had me do an additional month for safe measure). I don't use any acne medication at all, just Oil of Olay face wash and moisturizer and AHA 10% at night. My skin slowly began to even itself out and go from being super dry to normal, not oily, just normal. That's something I've never been able to say. I still have some work to do as far as old acne scarring but it's 1000x better than when I started..I've tried everything you can think of for acne, over the counter and Rx and I was just beginning to think there was no hope until I started Accutane..Stick with it, it's worth it all!!

post-85316-1254867822_thumb.jpg

post-85316-1254867822_thumb.jpg

wow!! u have made great progress!!! Glad to hear all is still going well for you!! Your skin looks WONDERFUL btw :D

Thanks! it was a rough journey, but 6 months of sacrifice is nothing compared to the feeling I got from throwing away all the acne medications and creams! lol

Thank you so much for posting this! Your testimony gives me hope. Your skin looks fantastic by the way- you look like one of those girls I'd pass by on the street and think, "dang she has great skin."

Hi gorgeous can I ask you if the oil (if you had oily skin b4) has come back? The same as before?

Thanks everyone for the compliments until Accutane, the only thing people ever said about my skin were things like, "what are you using? maybe it's making it worse" or "have you ever tried..?" as I know you've all heard too! lol

Georges Sister..My oily skin has not come back..it's defined more as normal/dry now. I live in florida so I'm constantly keeping it dry and use less moisturizer than is normally called for.

After I finished Tane I experienced dry lips for probably about another 2-3 weeks and and still had some dry areas on my face, but the crazy part was how my skin seemed to continue to improve even though the treatment was done. My derm told me that would happen but I was skeptical because I had some scarring and discoloration. This site sells a AHA 10% creme that works wonders! That's really the only acne related thing I use, it helps with breaking down the old scarring(which will fade eventually with time)and letting the new (nicer) skin underneath come thru much faster.

Again guys, anything you're going through will be worth it in the end and feel free to ask away because I've been through it all. Without this site, I would have def. stopped my treatment. Just knowing I wasn't alone helped so much.

Holy Cow!!!! Your skin looks amazing!!! :dance: I hope I can be in your shoes one day!!! Thanks for sharing your story!

Wow.. Your skin looks fantastic.. I really can't even believe you had skin issues before. Congrats on your acne-free skin : )

Great results! I have a question. Are the side effects like dry lips permanent? Doesn't really make sense, if your sebum production is decreased permanently then your lips will be permanently dry as well?

hey congrats!

I'm not sure if it was you who described herself as the crocodile lady or somethng??

Your story is almost exactly the same as mine, except I started Nov.

Waiting 3 days so I can post exactly 1 yr since i started d pills. (pretty much the same story as urs!)

Great results! I have a question. Are the side effects like dry lips permanent? Doesn't really make sense, if your sebum production is decreased permanently then your lips will be permanently dry as well?

Read her post. It says she had dry lips for another 2-3 weeks after she stopped accutane.

Hey

Thanks for coming back to the boards and sharing! It's story like yours that gave us hope. I just entered my 4th month of tane and I am still breaking out pretty badly and I am so scared of all the scars I am going to have. I thought by this time I should be seeing some major improvements and this is kinda getting me down. How long did you have to wait until you see great improvements?