Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vananners

Smelly Face?

It's a little embarassing but has anyone else noticed that when their face gets really oily later in the day it kind of has a smell to it? It smells like dirty hair or something? My scalp gets this smell too even though I shower daily. I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem. I wash my face every morning but by lunchtime, I'm super oily and feel my hair/face smell dirty. Even when I use my oil absorbing sheets and/or powder the smell stays there. Oh and it seems to be worse if I use jojoba oil in the morning.

It's pretty good but could be better. I usually eat whole wheat banana pancakes for breakfast (that I make myself, they aren't processed food), yogurt and some spinach salad with veggies and oil/vinegar for lunch. Dinner could be better, I usually eat whatever I can scrounge up. This week it has been the homemade chicken noodle soup I made on Sunday. Sometimes it less healthy, like pizza though. I've read somewhere that having thyroid issues can make this happen so I might have to look into that.

I love that smell, pretty much the only good thing about oily face/acne. It's the smell of human. Rawr.

If a girl had that smell I'd fucking go crazy over her. Haha.

Edited by Termolyt

It's pretty good but could be better. I usually eat whole wheat banana pancakes for breakfast (that I make myself, they aren't processed food), yogurt and some spinach salad with veggies and oil/vinegar for lunch. Dinner could be better, I usually eat whatever I can scrounge up. This week it has been the homemade chicken noodle soup I made on Sunday. Sometimes it less healthy, like pizza though. I've read somewhere that having thyroid issues can make this happen so I might have to look into that.
Your diet doesn't sound bad. All I can recommend is eating more fruits and especially more veggies overall, and drinking at least half your body weight in ounces of water each day. I've found that since I changed my diet to include more veggies, limited sugar and no dairy, and drank more water, my B.O. has been much less funky, and I used to get the stinky face too. :lol:

You might have the wrong mix of oils going on in your skin. I've been doing a lot of reading into Omega fatty acids. Your skin uses Linoleic Acid (polyunsaturated) to make oil. It's described as being watery and more free flowing oil of the Omega-6 variety. If you don't have enough Linoleic Acid in your system it will use Oleic Acid (monounsaturated), also an Omega-6, but it is a very thick and sticky oil. I have read the increasing your dietary intake of Linoleic Acid can improve skin.

I have also read that people should consume Omega-6 at a 2:1 ratio to Omega-3, so you will need to take both if you want to take Omega-6.

I take this twice a day, in capsule form, Omega-3-6-9. You can get it at pretty much any store. You could give this a try.

Edited by Alona

Thanks! I actually have some Omega 3-6-9 supplements on hand that I bought a while ago at Whole Foods. I was taking them but not very good at keeping up on it. I will get back on it. That is VERY interesting information btw, thank you for sharing!