Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've not been here in a while, but i really feel like i need to have a rant to make me feel better....

I'm just to the point now where i'm totally exhausted with the effects acne has on me. I've just turned 20, and i've been dealing with this for 8 years, and i've just had enough (i'm sure a lot of you will understand how i feel)

I work as a receptionist, so I meet and greet hundreds of people every day, and someone I served today, made a nasty comment about my skin, and I wanted to cry, but couldn't. Even my own manager looks at me as if she wants to say "clean your skin" or something. And to be honest, I feel like an ugly, paranoid wreck most of the time.....

OK, that's my little rant over :)

Wow you're registered in this site from more than 3 years!

Regarding your issue. I don't know how your skin looks but if it lets you so down then you might want to see a doctor.

But I can't believe that someone made a nasty comment on your skin! Who the fuck is he/she to say such things to a stranger! Where have the manners gone?

Dear, people can get really mean and incosiderate out there :( they just need to get a life. Don't listen to those j*rk, they'll get karma (that's what I tell myself, when something like that happen to me).

You are not ugly, be confident with yourself.

A confident girl is a pretty girl :)

and hey, what the hell? you are really cute!

I agree, you're adorable! I had a bad day too: came home and cried to mum, partly because I'm over hating the way I look every single day and half, paradoxically, because I feel selfish for always burdening her with my problems.

Just remember that no matter how many people remind you that you're beautful, all it takes is one rogue comment-sniper (who had no idea what they're talking about AT ALL) to bring anyone down.

Take care hun xo

I drove home from college today the second day in a row, I didn't break out bad or anything like that, I was just feeling shit about the whole situation and it was showing because I was pretty angry n shit. I haven't skipped anything before because of it, so now I'm feeling pretty down.. the problem is that sometimes my skin gets dry and it shows on my face which causes me so constantly lick and rub and therefore irritating it making it worse.

Wow you've been a member so long...

Tell us about your routine. What do you use to help out you skin and how is your diet? All of us have to deal with people talking about our acne. I tell my friends off, the ones who DON'T HAVE ACNE when they make comments about someone on tv, a fellow friend or me. I make sure they get a tongue lashing because if you dont suffer from it you have no fucking clue what your talking about and should keep your mouth shut. I've also done it to people on the street. I have no problems standing up for those who suffer from acne. When a person makes a comment they get told off. Its not that I'm angry at the world its just that people can be so insensitive to others problems. Anyways I focus on home remedies and foods. If you or anyone reading this wants to look into something different feel free to message me. I'm on a new journey hoping to see results and I already feel better thanks to this site and the changes that I've made. Plus I've seen big improvements since starting my new routine 4 days ago.

Aw laura :comfort: We are the same age, I understand how you feel. Honestly though, the way i deal with it when I have breakouts (sometimes I do, sometimes I don't) is to simply not let it affect me. Sounds simple but it's most certainly not. It took me years to fully accept myself, acne and all. I am the exact same person when I have pimples and when I do not. It doesn't make me change, I do that to myself.

As for the person making a rude comment, that is uncalled for and wrong but it's best to take that for face value. People who are rude like that have self-esteem issues, needing to pick out other's flaws to get their minds off their own.

Stay strong hun, you are gorgeous. =)

punch them in the face.

i hate ignorant retards who know nothing of acne trouble

Being rude is never acceptable, but if someone was actually ignorant to the condition, why get angry? Just inform them and their response is, well, their response. If they are continually rude, make them know that.

If you have never lived something, you can only understand it on the top-most, basic level. I do not like comparing acne to anything else, but I will personally say that I have never been overweight nor have I ever been extremely shy. So, I have never known what it's like to be bullied for either of those things. That does not mean I have the right to make fun of those people in any way, but it does mean that understanding is limited and that should help *you* understand their position.

It does not justify it, but I've always found that understanding other people make life a lot easier to deal with. =)

Well to start off welcome back to Acne.org!

& laura lou we all feel the same way about our acne ... it is hard and depressing. As a thirteen year old I get teased about 3-5 days about my skin saying "Pizza face" and some people haven't seen me in awhile so they tell me "OMG! You have so much pimples! WOW!" Its really terrible but we can go through this struggle together. You know what I noticed that helps is going out with a bunch of close friends that don't judge you from the way you look and have some fun. When I do this I forget that I have acne and I feel that it is almost impossible to bring me down. Try this and go to a doctor and you will be clear and happy in no time. Best of luck! :angel:

You should take accutane and once and for all shut those stubborn sebaceous glands; fucking destroy them, fucking mall those nasty pieces of shit. 80 mg + a day of strong ass isotretinoin for over half a year to finally kill those glands as if they were beat mercilessly with a spiked metal baseball bat, with blue fucking flames on the spikes.

Edited by bojanglesk8