Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
itsmallycat

My Accutane Journal..finally!

Hello! I am mallory :) I am 21 and from TN (yes I have the southern accent) I am a college student (Almost done woooooo!!) and I have always had acne here and there. It started when I was in high school, but it was nothing major. I could always cover it up with makeup! I tried doxycycline a couple of times, and it really cleared up my skin for the time being. I also tried every topical treatment known to man at that time. I had a few break outs here and there...nothing horrible though. Within the past 6 months, my skin has taken a turn for the worst! I have developed cystic acne that takes FOREVER to heal and go away. I have recently tried tetracycline, microderm, chemical peels, and laser genesis. Didnt help :(

I am typically an outgoing person or a "social butterfly" and this has ruined my life. It got so bad that for about a month, I didnt leave the house AT ALL! I am super self conscious about and just want it to be gone. I have been to many doctors trying to find the root cause of my acne. I have had blood tests...hormone tests...even a freakin MRI to see if we could find something. Everything has been coming back clear...so now I am about to start takin Accutane. I am excited and super nervous all at the same time. I was kind of hoping I wouldnt have to take it bc I have read some horror stories (dont you just love google) but I am trying to believe that I wont experience that horrible stuff....sigh.

Anyway, I am just a normal chick that loves music, God, my family and friends. Oh yeah..and my puppy Mack. I love him like he is my child! I will probably sneak him in a few pictures so be on the look out for cute little puppy dog eyes :dance: ! That reminds me..I will be posting pictures A LOT with my blogs bc I always loved it when someone posted lots of pictures on theirs. I know everyone wants to actually see the progress.

So I start Accutane next Monday, and thats when I will post my "before" Picture. If anyone has any advice please share ;0) Thank you! Stay tuned....

Sooo Today is the day!!! Here is my before picture! Sorry it looks weird, I blurred out my eyes in iphoto because I didn't want anyone to come accross my picture that I might know. I look HORRIBLE, and it's embarassing....bleh. Anyway, I got Accutane today!!! I have wonderful doctor who has kind of put me on the fast track and we worked it out to where I got it today without a waiting period! All I have to do is take a preg test and I can fill my rx. Which I will be taking my first Accutane pill in the AM. I am taking 20mg daily for now just to see how things work out. I will admit, I am kind freaked out by reading this ipledge book they gave me! Hallucinations...psychotic episodes?? That crap scares me! Hopefully that is just one of those things they have to put in there, I really hope I don't experience any of that. Alright.....well my journey begins!

Hey Mallory, welcome to the boards!! I can relate to your story as far as being social and then hiding from people after the breakout. You're a beautiful girl and you'll clear up in no time!

I'll keep an eye on your blog!

Guys im bummed! My doc just called and I cant start the accutane for 30 days, she thought since I was on BC For a month I didnt have to wait during the waiting period. So...turns out I do :( I so bummed out!! Ahhh well I guess ill be posting in thirty days!

Just took my first accutane pill about 5 mins ago. I am super super nervous!!!! It is like I am sitting here waiting for something to happen. I really hope this pill isn't as horrible as everyone makes it out to be. Im a little nervous and excited! I need encouragement that it isn't so bad. Ill post a pic tonight!

Okay guys! I am on day 15 of my Accutane Journey! So far no bad side effects just SUPER chapped lips and my skin is drying out. I can already tell a positive affect on my skin, it is already looking better! I am hoping that I am one of the lucky ones who miss out on the initial breakout! Maybe it is because I was on tetracycline for a couple of months and stopped taking it about 10 days before I started Accutane? Who knows! I have been waking up around 3 every morning feeling kind of weird. I dont know if this is the medicine or if it is just me being anxious about taking the medicine.

I have been super busy here lately with work and school and I am really hoping that my skin is clear soon. It sucks going to work like this :( I am so self conscious I hate it. I just got a new job at Jared (yeah, he went to Jared!) lol and so far so good. I am hoping I don't have the night blindness side effect either considering I have to drive at night a lot.

Okay so I am posting some pics. The first one is the picture that I took today, and the second one was taken about a week before I started accutane. I think I can see improvement already!

post-113921-1259601446_thumb.jpg

post-113921-1259601884_thumb.jpg

post-113921-1259601446_thumb.jpg

post-113921-1259601884_thumb.jpg

Edited by itsmallycat