Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm a freshman at college now and I had pretty clear skin up until my senior year of high school. Because of stress, hormones, a haircut involving heavy bangs, and a cheap pore-clogging concealer I've had so many issues with acne this past year. For almost a year I only had issues with my chin mostly, then it moved to my forehead, and eventually to my cheeks. I have never had issues with acne on my cheeks until the past 2~3 months. For years and years I've dealt with chest acne, which is ironically clearing up just when my face is breaking out worse than ever before.

My Issues

• I have the typical blackheads around the nose and mouth, despite exfoliating 2-3 times a week.

• On my chin I'll get maybe 3 to 4 new pimples every week, which I do unfortunately pop since it's really embarrassing to show up to class with giant throbbing whiteheads. If I do pop a pimple, I'll immediately clean it and the area around it.

• For some reason my right cheek is more broken out than the other, and has a good number of scars just from this past month or two. The pimples on my cheek aren't typically whiteheads, so I don't pick or pop but they still leave scars.

• MY FOREHEAD. oh dear, I don't even know what to say. I put up an extra close up of my forehead because that's my biggest issue. I'm not even sure what type of acne it is? Some looks like regular whiteheads, but then some almost look like mini volcanos if that makes sense. They come up to a bump but have a darkish center that lies underneath. Is that just a blackhead?

There's also a battlefield of what looks like freckles, but definitely aren't. I don't know what they are..

I miss being able to wear my bangs pinned back in public, but it's just so embarrassing in public. Whenever I'm at home, sleeping, or with friends I'm comfortable enough with I'll clip my bangs up to get them out of my face. The only time I ever have them in my face is when I'm with certain people, going out to eat, or going to class.

Like I said before, I exfoliate gently 2-3 times a week. Recently I've started using Queen Helene's Mint Julep Mask 1 -2 times a week. I've been kind of inconsistent with how often I wash my face and I tend to switch back and forth irregularly between two different cleansers. I'm using just a basic cetaphil moisturizer. I just started using BP nightly. My diet hasn't changed since the days of beautiful, clear skin.

I've been thinking of getting on birth control because I've heard it can help with skin and regulate my monster periods (sorry if thats TMI), but I've also heard it can make certain girls break out more.

Help? I know I've written a lot, but it's just so frustrating dealing with this in college when most everyone around me is done and over with their acne woes. It's hard to feel confident or pretty when I'm talking to so many people with clear and beautiful skin. i attached a picture of how my skin used to be.. I would love to get it back to that point :[

post-113902-1254821728_thumb.jpg

post-113902-1254821762_thumb.jpg

post-113902-1254821778_thumb.jpg

post-113902-1254821728_thumb.jpg

post-113902-1254821762_thumb.jpg

post-113902-1254821778_thumb.jpg

Your condition doesn't look serious at all, I wouldn't suggest accutane as I believe that is for more serious acne and can have some pretty bad side effects.

You're very beautiful :dance:

Hi, your skin looks similiar to how mine can be! I was on the wrong pill for me and it made me breakout sooo bad. I know take a diffrent pill and its helping to clear my skin. I use garnier pure products which are really good!

Your fringe could be causing the breakouts on your head (i get this too). Try to exflioiate every 7-10 days, if you over exfloiate then your sebacous glands over work as they think there isnt enough oil on the skin.

More breakouts on one side of the face could be something simple like that the side you sleep most on, or you lean your head on your hand that side of the face. Try not to touch your face.

Go and see your gp, i got given loads of diffrent topical solutions but they didnt work for me, but the pill is really good..doesnt work for everyone though. mail me if you want to know anything else.

hi, your skin looks about the same as mine, although mine is currently in its "good" state, ie it has been 100 x worse, believe it or not!! Its tough to deal with, and you seem to already have a good regime ie exfoliating twice a week should be helping loads. Well, you could try some of those pore cleaning strips on ur nose for blackhead. Also, johnsons blackhead clearing cleanser really does seem to work on blackheads, I wouldn't recommend it as ur everyday cleanser, but if u just use it on the areas with blackheads it might help. In so far as meds are concerned, birth control pills work amazingly. It DOES depend on the pill tho. Don't go for anything progesterone based. Dianette is good for severe acne, but u might not be able to get that, if not go for Yasmin which Im on and does pretty much the same job. Good luck and hope u get ur skin back, ur rele pretty and trust me, I know how ur feeling.

xx

I broke out really bad in first year too and I feel your pain. You could try an oral contraceptive that suppresses the production of androgens, such as Diane-35 or Alesse. I tried Diane-35 initially and found that it really helped curb my cystic acne. You could also try a topical retinoid cream, which you apply to the skin in the evening before bed. Accutane seems a little extreme in your case seeing as how you don't have any cysts, at least from what I can tell from the pictures.