Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chargerfan23

Difference between once and twice a day?

Hi. I was wondering how big the difference is of using the regimen once to twice a day. This is because I barely have time in the morning to do it. Any experiences or stories are welcomed. thanks!

Hi I started doing the regimen last week. I don't know how doing it once would affect it's efficacy but just wanted to share that I have been getting up 15-20 minutes earlier everyday to do the regimen. I'm not a big fan of getting up in the morning, but I hardly notice 15 mins.

By doing The Regimen twice a day, you're constantly keeping BP on your face, which is why The Regimen is effective. If you're only doing The Regimen once a day, there's a good chunk of the day (or night) where there's no BP on your skin, which means that there's nothing there to kill the acne bacteria during that time.

Some people are able to get clear/maintain their skin while only using The Regimen once a day, but until your skin is staying clear, you really ought to follow The Regimen precisely, which means using it twice a day.

i very mess up iwth my regimen. Someday once a day some day twice, but I never miss the regimen at night still clear

I agree with C'est in that while you are clearing your acne you need to be doing it twice a day. I am on once a day at the moment as I find that the BP makes my skin very red and I dont really fancy going out like that in the morning! But I have cleared my acne and the once a day is enough to keep it that way, at least for now :)

I get away with once a day, after my morning shower now. I am not gentle and don't use moisturizer on BP area (nose and beard area) I also use 10% (Quinoderm) so it's quite fast. If I have to shower again in day such as after gym then I will reapply. I used to only apply at night to avoid bleaching clothes and wash it off in morning shower but got sick of doing it at night before bed. It seems slightly better having it on 24 hours a day with one application then only about 12 when I was on night only with it showered off in morning. I think I get away with one application cos it is 10%, had to do twice a day on 2.5%. I know it still bleaches clothes over 12 hours later if I sweat on colored T-Shirts so it must be still working at that strength all day.

I get away with once a day, after my morning shower now. I am not gentle and don't use moisturizer on BP area (nose and beard area) I also use 10% (Quinoderm) so it's quite fast. If I have to shower again in day such as after gym then I will reapply. I used to only apply at night to avoid bleaching clothes and wash it off in morning shower but got sick of doing it at night before bed. It seems slightly better having it on 24 hours a day with one application then only about 12 when I was on night only with it showered off in morning. I think I get away with one application cos it is 10%, had to do twice a day on 2.5%. I know it still bleaches clothes over 12 hours later if I sweat on colored T-Shirts so it must be still working at that strength all day.

I'm glad what you're doing seems to be working for you, but what you're doing isn't really The Regimen. The Regimen calls for gently applying 2.5% BP twice a day, not rubbing in 10% BP once a day.

And, for the record, 10% BP isn't any more effective against acne than 2.5%. It's only more drying and irritating. ; )

You are right I don't do the regimen, I am not gentle either but I thought I'd answer his question as my experience may be helpful. Just slapping on 10% after a shower once a day is fast. I used to do the regimen, very gently, moisturizer, twice a day, etc. Didn't work very well I am afraid and took ages. I believed all of the 2.5% being as effective as 10% stuff because of that 1 study over 25 years ago. However I thought I'd at least try 10%, anxiously, but now wish I'd tried it years ago. I think dryness and irritation has more to do with the formulation, I have had no such problems with Quinoderm at 10% but had terrible redness and dryness with regimen and using Dan's 2.5% formulation. Obviously if 2.5% and the regimen are working for you try not to change it.

Edited by Rubbish

After being 100% clear for 5 months with twice per day usage, I recently switched to once per day this past July. While my skin was not nearly as red with once per day use and more even, I did notice very small/pretty much unnoticeable bumps appearing on my skin. There was one noticeable whitehead which cleared rather quickly.

I decided to go back to twice per day about three weeks ago (mid-September) and my skin is absolutely clear.

Do yourself a favor, stick to twice per day Regimen use even if you are clear. I would much rather have a slightly red (it looks like I'm tan because of my slightly darker skin so I like it) face that is absolutely clear than a more even face but with small bumps, even if they are unnoticeable.

Dan says the following: Important: For best results, the Regimen should be performed twice a day, preferably 12 hours apart. Follow the steps below precisely as outlined. I cannot make this point strongly enough. Maybe even print out this page or the checklist and take it into the bathroom with you. Also, avoiding irritation is of paramount importance. Try to keep your skin relatively untouched as you go through your day.