Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

First off, I am not here to spam anything, you won't see me posting multiple topics or across boards. I have been a member of this forum for many years and am simply posting information on a supplement that I found that has cleared up my acne after using for 4 months.

My type of acne consisted of oily skin with multiple white heads and a little cystic acne. Waking up in the morning I was almost sure to find anywhere from 3-5 new white heads. I tried lots of antibiotics, mainly the cyclines: monocycline, doxycycline, tetracycline. They would keep me under control for about a month then wear off and the acne would come right back and when I went off the antibiotics I would experience breakouts from hell. :evil: I also tried vitamin regimens mentioned on the site such as Romeo's that advised certain vitamins in higher doses and so forth. Along with some of the more embarrassing ideas on the site that have worked for some users that I would rather not mention (if you've been here awhile I'm sure you know what I'm talking about).

When I started the supplement I was washing with BP and using moisturizer in the morning and night to keep my acne at bay. I did this for about a month and a half until I noticed my skin becoming less oily and started washing with only water while noticing less and less new breakouts. Now I currently wash with just water in the morning and at night.

I found out about the supplement from a fellow co-worker. I had lunch with him one day and when I pulled out my baggie full of vitamins he simply laughed at me. Which on any day could have ranged from as many as 5-10 pills ranging from Vitamin C, Milk Thistle, Pantothentic Acid, Zinc, Calcium, etc. He asked me how much I spent on everything from month to month which totaled anywhere from 30-60 dollars depending on whether they were on sale or if I was adding new vitamins to experiment with. The product he showed me contained all the vitamins I was currently taking plus much much more.

Link to Nutritional Facts

The first month on the product I didn't see a whole lot of improvement in my acne but did feel better and was going #2 a lot more. :lol: My body was simply going through a cleansing process and I believe getting the colon healthy again was very important in me starting to clear up. I Googled some stuff on healthy colons and found a lot of information stating something similar to the follow:

"Smaller problems are also caused by colon-related functions. Bad breath, acne and spider veins are caused by a malfunction in the colon. Because the colon rids the body of waste, it also cleanses the body. Poor health is the result of poor detoxification."

"Care of the colon results in clear skin, healthy eyes and a good sense of balance."

Source - Article on Colon Health

After the first month I began to see more improvements month to month and now at 4 months I would say I am around 90% clear. I still have some redness and blackheads but nothing compared to what it used to be, and the best thing of all, I haven't seen any whiteheads in weeks. If I can find old pictures I posted on the site or on my computer to show a comparison I will but I never was big into close up pictures because I was embarrassed of my skin.

I tried the product because of the convenience factor of getting a wide range of nutrition in one supplement and the fact that the company offers a 30-Day Free Trial. Before, I was tired of taking anywhere from 5-10 different vitamins/pills a day and worrying if I was harming my body by selecting only certain vitamins and not others. I really do thank this product for clearing me up and would suggest anyone to at least try the Free-Trial to see if they like the product and/or see any kind of improvements.

Link to Order or Learn More

Note: want2beme said the site above was for US only. the link above does have more information on the product since it was made specifically for the BioBasics. so if you want check out both. the link below is for the companies website which sells to all countries.

Life Plus Website

So there is no confusion, my name is on the website under "Link to Order" because the company does reward you for referring people. I would be writing this post even if the company did not offer rewards for referrals. That part is just a bonus. :surprised:

The site says you can simply mix it with water which I tried and its kind of "bleh". I would suggest mixing it with orange juice which actually makes the drink taste pretty good.

Please feel free to respond with any questions or Private Message me.

I wish everybody luck in finding something that works for them, I am grateful I finally found something that works for me(knocks on wood) and hope I continue to see more improvements.

Edited by Michaelangelo

First off, I am not here to spam anything, you won't see me posting multiple topics or across boards. I have been a member of this forum for many years and am simply posting information on a supplement that I found that has cleared up my acne after using for 4 months.

My type of acne consisted of oily skin with multiple white heads and a little cystic acne. Waking up in the morning I was almost sure to find anywhere from 3-5 new white heads. I tried lots of antibiotics, mainly the cyclines: monocycline, doxycycline, tetracycline. They would keep me under control for about a month then wear off and the acne would come right back and when I went off the antibiotics I would experience breakouts from hell. :evil: I also tried vitamin regimens mentioned on the site such as Romeo's that advised certain vitamins in higher doses and so forth. Along with some of the more embarrassing ideas on the site that have worked for some users that I would rather not mention (if you've been here awhile I'm sure you know what I'm talking about).

When I started the supplement I was washing with BP and using moisturizer in the morning and night to keep my acne at bay. I did this for about a month and a half until I noticed my skin becoming less oily and started washing with only water while noticing less and less new breakouts. Now I currently wash with just water in the morning and at night.

I found out about the supplement from a fellow co-worker. I had lunch with him one day and when I pulled out my baggie full of vitamins he simply laughed at me. Which on any day could have ranged from as many as 5-10 pills ranging from Vitamin C, Milk Thistle, Pantothentic Acid, Zinc, Calcium, etc. He asked me how much I spent on everything from month to month which totaled anywhere from 30-60 dollars depending on whether they were on sale or if I was adding new vitamins to experiment with. The product he showed me contained all the vitamins I was currently taking plus much much more.

Link to Nutritional Facts

The first month on the product I didn't see a whole lot of improvement in my acne but did feel better and was going #2 a lot more. :lol: My body was simply going through a cleansing process and I believe getting the colon healthy again was very important in me starting to clear up. I Googled some stuff on healthy colons and found a lot of information stating something similar to the follow:

"Smaller problems are also caused by colon-related functions. Bad breath, acne and spider veins are caused by a malfunction in the colon. Because the colon rids the body of waste, it also cleanses the body. Poor health is the result of poor detoxification."

"Care of the colon results in clear skin, healthy eyes and a good sense of balance."

Source - Article on Colon Health

After the first month I began to see more improvements month to month and now at 4 months I would say I am around 90% clear. I still have some redness and blackheads but nothing compared to what it used to be, and the best thing of all, I haven't seen any whiteheads in weeks. If I can find old pictures I posted on the site or on my computer to show a comparison I will but I never was big into close up pictures because I was embarrassed of my skin.

I tried the product because of the convenience factor of getting a wide range of nutrition in one supplement and the fact that the company offers a 30-Day Free Trial. Before, I was tired of taking anywhere from 5-10 different vitamins/pills a day and worrying if I was harming my body by selecting only certain vitamins and not others. I really do thank this product for clearing me up and would suggest anyone to at least try the Free-Trial to see if they like the product and/or see any kind of improvements.

Link to Order or Learn More

So there is no confusion, my name is on the website under "Link to Order" because the company does reward you for referring people. I would be writing this post even if the company did not offer rewards for referrals. That part is just a bonus. :surprised:

The site says you can simply mix it with water which I tried and its kind of "bleh". I would suggest mixing it with orange juice which actually makes the drink taste pretty good.

Please feel free to respond with any questions or Private Message me.

I wish everybody luck in finding something that works for them, I am grateful I finally found something that works for me(knocks on wood) and hope I continue to see more improvements.

Hmmm sounds interesting. Where was your acne located and how long did u suffer with it? Do you take that and still diet?

My acne was spread out over my face and my chest/back. On my face it was really oily all over, spots on my forehead, blackheads on nose, whiteheads could be found just about anywhere besides rarely on my cheeks. I suffered from this for about 6-7 years. It would be off and on sometimes depending on treatments I was trying but never got this consistently clear.

My body acne is a lot better, I don't get breakouts anymore or cysts which were a huge pain! but still have some scars and such that need to be cleared up. In the process of working on that.

Yes, I still take the supplement everyday. Mostly in the morning. Sometimes I forget and take it after class/work. The only other thing I added was fish oil about 2 weeks ago.

I try to keep my diet clean but its really hard when your in college and work at a pizza place. :surprised: Mixed with always being on the run. Another reason I started taking the supplement.

I pay 50 a month because you get 10 off when you get it shipped every-month instead of a one time deal. Still pricy like you said but I'm not buying cleaners/moisturizers or multiple bottles of vitamins which adds up quickly but are usually more spread out so you don't notice as much.

I find it to be worth it considering everything your getting from vitamins, minerals, probiotic, fiber, herbs, etc. It also helps that I've seen results from it so I'm more willing to pay the cost. ;)

Hey, I just ordered. I called the number though instead of ordering through the site because I had some questions. I got a few questions for you too, I'll message you. Hope it works!

that has 150mcg of iodine, which has been proven to provoke acne has it not#?

but yeah that looks really good. I, like you, am fed up of constantly taking 5-10 tablets a day :(

might look into this, have you heard of Acnezine?

similar sort of product, only geared towards acne skin problems and such.

where as this one you speak of is more an "all rounder"

fair comment?

Saints: thats great! I haven't gotten a PM from you yet, guess your still working on the questions? keep me posted on your results or any good mixtures you come up with :D

want2beme: iodine is still necessary for your body. I've never experience any problems with it before and from some stuff I've read, they can't find a link between the two and being deficient from it for a long period of time can be dangerous. I've only seen results from the product so far so I'm guessing my body isn't effected by iodine if there is at all any relationship between the two like you said.

I haven't heard of Acnezine. I looked it up and saw it comes with BP which is self explanatory but the ingredients in the pills seem weird. I would have to look at them more but..

Hyaluronic acid and Collagen Type II (from chicken) :sick: used for anti-aging I believe

Lots of B vitamins

Curcumin C3 Complex - "antioxidant"

If it works, it works. But not sure your getting a whole lot of value in the Acnezine. It might just mainly be the BP that is curing the people who are seeing results, BP works for a lot of people. But who knows.

I've always believed acne had a lot to do with (A) hormones and (B) your body telling you theirs something wrong, either nutrition wise or lacking of/deficiencies. If I took the Acnezine I would still want to take a multi-vitamin for overall health benefits which would add on top of the cost and be quite expensive if you still want to get everything you get in BioBasics.

How much is the Acnezine? If you know? Might be cheaper to single out the ingredients used in the Acnezine in the long run if you wanted to go that route. IMO

Thanks for the suggestion but I'm happy with what I'm using. :dance: My acne has cleared up and I know I am getting proper nutrition and keeping my body, especially colon, healthy.

Edited by Michaelangelo

When I first started taking it, I took it with food because it kind of bothered my stomach. Now I do both because it doesn't bother me on an empty stomach. Sometimes I'll take it in the morning when I'm in a hurry and I will just take the drink and go. Other-times I will take it with lunch or dinner depending on how day goes.

Thanks for bringing that question up, its actually something I've been wanted to ask the company. If one time of the day is recommended over the other. I will e-mail them and try to find out.

Saints: thats great! I haven't gotten a PM from you yet, guess your still working on the questions? keep me posted on your results or any good mixtures you come up with :D

want2beme: iodine is still necessary for your body. I've never experience any problems with it before and from some stuff I've read, they can't find a link between the two and being deficient from it for a long period of time can be dangerous. I've only seen results from the product so far so I'm guessing my body isn't effected by iodine if there is at all any relationship between the two like you said.

I haven't heard of Acnezine. I looked it up and saw it comes with BP which is self explanatory but the ingredients in the pills seem weird. I would have to look at them more but..

Hyaluronic acid and Collagen Type II (from chicken) :sick: used for anti-aging I believe

Lots of B vitamins

Curcumin C3 Complex - "antioxidant"

If it works, it works. But not sure your getting a whole lot of value in the Acnezine. It might just mainly be the BP that is curing the people who are seeing results, BP works for a lot of people. But who knows.

I've always believed acne had a lot to do with (A) hormones and (B) your body telling you theirs something wrong, either nutrition wise or lacking of/deficiencies. If I took the Acnezine I would still want to take a multi-vitamin for overall health benefits which would add on top of the cost and be quite expensive if you still want to get everything you get in BioBasics.

How much is the Acnezine? If you know? Might be cheaper to single out the ingredients used in the Acnezine in the long run if you wanted to go that route. IMO

Thanks for the suggestion but I'm happy with what I'm using. :dance: My acne has cleared up and I know I am getting proper nutrition and keeping my body, especially colon, healthy.

ah well i havnt ordered it, im sticking with

vit E

vit A

multi Vit, cod liver oil

zinc

for now, i take the picolante zinc but i heard gluconate may be better

i would order what you are taking but sadly its an american thing only unless i can find a drug store in the uk that sells something similar

thanks mate! will deffo look into it, the only thing is i would say the level of zinc and b vitamins isnt particularly that great.

also not accusing you here, but do you work for them or anything?

cause your post is so perfect and seems to good to be true lol! like you have copied and pasted it or something

:angel:

Edited by want2beme

haha no I don't work for them, that would be nice though compared to my delivery job at a pizza place. :doh: I'm still in college...

haha no I didn't copy and paste anything. is that a compliment? ;) everything I said was truthfully spoken from my experience and research.

as I said in the post before, they do reward you for referring people. which is great because if you recommend the product to a couple friends of family, your supplement every month basically becomes free. I would still be recommending the product regardless if they did this or not just because it really works well all-around and I think is a great product. I just wouldn't be going as far as telling my aunts and uncles about it on holidays when they tell me I look "good". lol

haha no I don't work for them, that would be nice though compared to my delivery job at a pizza place. :doh: I'm still in college...

haha no I didn't copy and paste anything. is that a compliment? ;) everything I said was truthfully spoken from my experience and research.

as I said in the post before, they do reward you for referring people. which is great because if you recommend the product to a couple friends of family, your supplement every month basically becomes free. I would still be recommending the product regardless if they did this or not just because it really works well all-around and I think is a great product. I just wouldn't be going as far as telling my aunts and uncles about it on holidays when they tell me I look "good". lol

ahh hehe :)

yeah its just i am at witts end and i just want something to work :( and i like you feel like i have been through the exact same story with no success.

scars etc are a night mare let alone new cysts coming up or white heads. if i get a white head i always squeeze it. i just cant let it go :(

but yeh i will make sure i put in a word for you via the website when i order it. what do i do? i looked for somewhere to do so but couldnt find anything..

cheers bud :)

Deadmau5: congrats, good to hear your already seeing results with your regimen

want2beme: whiteheads were the worst for me, I had the same problem. it was like I can't go to class with this thing just hanging out on my nose! haha if you order you don't have to mention my name or anything. just go through those links or if you call use the number shown on the sites (5053696 I think). try the free trial if your interested, doesn't hurt to try. just make sure you cancel in time if you don't end up liking it or you will get charged. :naughty:

Is this a powder? Sorry if that was a dumb question lol

and DeadMau5 where did u find vitamin B-2 and Niacinamide. I'vel ooked everywhere (except cvs which i live closest too lmao) I read an article with your regimen and it sounds promising i want to try it too.

Not a dumb question. and yes it is a powder. two scoops of powder and 8oz of whatever liquid you choose. I prefer orange juice.

I know liquid vitamins have an absorption rate of like 90% while pills are low at around 30%. Kind of shocking.

I was trying to look more into the ingredients and was wondered about this phytozyme base. So I looked it up and thought this was kind of cool.

Phytozyme

Is this a powder? Sorry if that was a dumb question lol

and DeadMau5 where did u find vitamin B-2 and Niacinamide. I'vel ooked everywhere (except cvs which i live closest too lmao) I read an article with your regimen and it sounds promising i want to try it too.

Haha well I got my B-2 and Niacinamide at GNC.

Wow, I had 2 cysts on one cheek yesterday and now today there gone. I love this stuff.

Edited by Deadmau5

@michael how long does one tub of this stuff last?

@deadmau5 im guessing you are following the supplements as suggested in that pdf someone else posted not long ago, i am doing basically the same but not all of them or in the high dosages

but its something i am willing to try if the daily biobasics dosnt help

then if that or all the supplements dont work i shall try the BP route