Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm just starting my 4th month of Accutane and my Doc has only checked my blood once.

1 Month --- 40mg once a day

2 - 5 Month --- 40mg twice a day

He only checked it after the first month and said everything was okay (with the liver, etc) and for a healthy 20yr old like myself I wouldn't need another test.

Is that normal?

I'm not sure, but I think I recall the ipledge book stating that you need to get blood work done every month. So when the Dr. logs on ipledge, they are stating that all is okay with you.

Beside that my cholesterol has gone up every month. I also know someone who's liver levels went up every month as well.

I'm no expert, but I don't think your derm is right. I would call another derm & ask them what they think.

Good luck!

I'm not sure, but I think I recall the ipledge book stating that you need to get blood work done every month. So when the Dr. logs on ipledge, they are stating that all is okay with you.

Beside that my cholesterol has gone up every month. I also know someone who's liver levels went up every month as well.

I'm no expert, but I don't think your derm is right. I would call another derm & ask them what they think.

Good luck!

Thanks.

Yeah I've been trying to guzzle down water but I just visited him and didn't ask :(

I'll call in.

But do you think accutane causes LONG term effects on any part of the body that will cause harm?

Edited by JohnDoeJohnDoes

If you do research on accutane it will list the more common lasting side affects & the rare ones. I'm still on tane so I don't know personally, but my uncle was on it and he claims that the joints in his hands don't function the same. He said at times they're weak so he can't lift heavy things as easy. He's been off of accutane for 17 years.. :/

talk to your derm and ask why he's experienced with past tane users.