Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
joris

dan's reg by joris started 05/10/09

DAY 1

Today i got my starter kit + jojoba , it was expensive 50dollar for the starter kit and 40 for the shipping! only evening today...

But hey, my parents are paying so so what xD. Im happy.

Cleanser: so far so good :P cleanser smells good (almost no smell), feels good , and feels like a good cleanser, and it lathers nice xD.

PB: So for so good, had the feeling that it wasnt that much but i used 1/4th thick finger so it should be good... No burnings no flakiness (yet) no smell no sting.

Moist +Jojoba: stings a little bit, and also a little bit shiny

Overall: feels good , good smell, moist stings a bit and btw the packeging if you pump the first 2 times the stuff comes out of the top around the pump , and not out the pump. But after that it goes good so who cares :P

EDIT: Back on the regimen again on page 2, started counting with day 1 again

EDIT2: Stopped regimen because i found it not nice on my skin. Had the feeling that i was destroying my skin.

Edited by joris

Day 2

Had a bad night. Not used to sleep on the back of my head. Mostly put my face in m pillow... Also was really thursty cuz of this stuff. Next night im going to but a bottle of water next to my bed... So far so good i will post a pic in the evening. No stinging or redness today. Only shiny. Think its cuz i have a rough skin.

Drinking a lot of water , really thirsty!!

Ok the thristiness stopped at 16.00 , i think the moisturizer causes it, and the jojoba has a little smell. Im currently applying my regimen. The day went well. Felt pretty good i guess. No redness yet.

Edited by joris

DAY 3

I eat a lot of fruits, thanks for replying on my log :D

today was a bad day had sports at school just after applying everything. Touched my face a lot etc.. think i broke out a little but not sure. Face is a little bit red but i reduced the amount of moisturizer to 1 pump and 2drops. But its not really red.

Have to search for a SPF! in 1.5 week im going to greece and i have no good spf ahhh!!!

Edited by joris

I just got the starter kit about a week ago. Not getting much better yet but its supposed to get worse before it gets better. Have fun in Greece! Delfi is my favorite place in the world next to Capri.

DAY 4

log:

Little bit more red. Had the feeling that it was slightly better then yesterday.

Still it feels a bit chemical... :( and the jojoba doesnt smell so nice, I want one with a fragrence.

Also will have to check out razors cuz i need a good one.

Reply's:

Well i think i will stop the reg at holiday. I mean overday i need to put on suncream and overnight i need to put on aftersun. Maybe i will keep using the cleanser cuz the aftersun will moisturize it. And i prob also bring with my jojoba but not the moisturizer and the BP (constantly want to say PB xD)

Its also worse at me. They are more red and lot more whiteheads (i mean the white head , there arent more pimples i guess.) And my face gets a little red...

Edited by joris

Well I have never used Benzoyl Peroxide myself... But I think I read that BP makes cause photosensitivity, makes your skin more sensitive to the sun. So it shouldn't matter if you're on holiday or not, cause you should be wearing sunscreen all the time if you've been treating your skin with BP...actually people should put sunscreen on anyway :)

and this site says "Avoid using sunscreen containing PABA (Para-aminobenzoic Acid) on the same skin treated with benzoyl peroxide, or skin discoloration may occur."

http://health.yahoo.com/skinconditions-med...--d01246a1.html

hopefully your redness goes away soon :D

DAY 5

Redness decreased. Still active pimples. It looked so great this morning and now its back to bad again.

Edited by joris

Day 6

The pimples geet getting whiteheads. But its prob part of healing process. I think its better as when i started now. Redness reduced.

suncream has no PABA. But i think im going on cleanser - suncream during day - cleanser - moisturizer or after sun at night.

Works the moisturizer + jojoba the same as after sun or is it better or worse??

At summer holiday my pimples reduced to 50% i think cuz of the cleanser suncream cleanser after sun regimen xD And lot of sun. And being a lot outdoors. Maybe i should take some Vit D4 every day , cuz that might be the problem.

Something that hasnt to do with my regimen:

Got a fucking huge red irritated hard spot on my leg (8x3cm). Almost cant walk O.o At first thought it was a mite but prob not. But if its not its still not good. Really enoing.

Im on antibiotics now, for 5days. Hopefully it goes away soon. And maybe it clears up some of my acne to. (skin infection)

The doctor said nothing about that benzoyl peroxide could be bad with antibiotics so ill keep using it.

Edited by joris

Day 7

Increased pb a little bit cuz tommorow ill increase it to 50% of the amount. So started using 33% in stead of 25%. No real redness.

Face looks as few days ago.

Couldn't take a pic yesterday but i will today.

My leg still hurts :( Still 4days on antibiotics

stronger antibiotics. Prob wont fix acne but it will fix my foot. Almost hole foot is swollen up and red now , and thats really bad. Luckely i went to the doctor. If it gets worse i will prob get a abces (and thats really fucked).

Im gonna skip the regimen tonight. Im not going to walk for that. Have to stop anyway when at greece. Hopefully i can go :cry:

Edited by joris

Day 8

actually still on the regimen just didnt take pictures. Had some breakouts :(

foot healed pretty good.

Day 9

Acne got a little better then yesterday. Still really red. (forgot to do the treatment yesterday so had 2hours of cleansed face and it became really really dry.)

No breakouts i think. maybe a little but not noticable.

Edited by joris

Day 12

No that had to be a tong out of mouth face , just keeping the possitivity in this forum :P nice to see that people are reading this :D

Skipped this morning had no time. Instead of 50min that I need to wake up I only had 20 today. So I skipped the regimen totally, aplied it on 15:00 instead of 8:00 and 22:00.

Im starting to take pictures again cuz i skipped the past ehm 7days :P I will update my photo log today and post a link here :D

have this big ugly zit in my nose looks fucking discusting :(

Edited by joris

Day 23 9 days no regimen

Back from greece. Was fun.. although i was to sick for 2 days. Also couldnt drink (that much) cuz i was on antibiotics for my leg... (it came back :( ).

@acnenohope i havent updated cuz i was in greece with school :P

So the 2 days before greece i stopped the regimen cuz my skin was so dry like i was alergic to something. I know what caused this (i used more BP on my "danger areas" and also less moisturizer... really smart :P

At holiday I used a cleanser i used before the regimen cuz it was easy to take with me. Used it once a day. And sometimes used suncream and most nights i used nivea aftersun.

Edited by joris

Day 24

Well Im still wondering if i would start again with BP. I dont like it that much. Im now on cleanser 2x a day and moisturizer or after sun if my face is dry.

Day 27

Still wondering if im going on the regimen again. My face looks so much better as 2weeks ago. But still I think its only for a small period.

Day ehm 1

Started again with the regimen. So start counting again. Started with half an finger cuz im already used to the pb a little bit.

Overview:

week 1:regimen: acne increased slightly

week 2: regimen: acne increased slightly, really dry skin

: last 2 days: used only moisturizer to get my face normal again! (know what i did wrong used more bp and less moisturizer on my pimple areas.

week 3: cleanser + after sun 1x a day : acne decreased fast

week 4: cleanser 2x day : acne was really good

week 5: day 1-2 cleanser: acne looked getting way worse in just 2 days

day 3+ regimen: well no info yet :P

Going to stay on the regimen for 3 weeks. If it doesnt decrease the 3th week i will stop.

I do this because i have the feeling that it takes 2 weeks for pimples to come out. So results come 2 weeks later... In that case you can see that the regimen helped, and that the cleanser didnt help. Maybe that trend will continu this 2 weeks. and then it will decrease. We will see...

Day 3

Acidently applied to much BP on my left side of my face, where i dont have acne! ARGH! Was really red, when i got home i put on kilos of moisturizer (ok your right im lying it was just 1 pump :P). But acne staying the same :D And currently thats good enough for me. However i would wish less redness :P And less rain when going to school it washes of the moisturizer only resulting in more redness of course. Hmm maybe i will post a pic tomorrow.

Day 7 2 big zits on my nose prob cysts, tried to pop one to early , made it worse. Going to increase amount tommorow.

Except for my nose my face looks kinda the same.

Also having problems with the times i can apply it. it was Friday: 7:00 23:00 Saterday: 12:30 and prob its going to be 4:00 or later :D Sunday will have to be 13:00 22:00 for the best timing i guess.

STICK WITH IT...you will start seeing results...trust in the regimen..and imagine your face clear! it helps i kid you not!! its weird how somedays it looks way better and other days its like wtf!!!! but now i keep on seeing the better days after almost 3 weeks