Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ModelBoy

To those whove gone completely bare bones and stopped using moisturizer/cleanser + Water Only

ive read from so many ppl on here especially in the natural section that sometimes less is more and many of u have seen improvement by just using water.

so im on day 3 of not using any cleanser and moisturizer and from far away my skin looks better than it has in a long time.

however it FEELS soo freaking dry and tight. and if i look up close i can see flakes and dry patches.

will my skin eventually adjust? i know after all these years it was so used to getting extra moisturre from outside products so now that ive suddenly stopped its probably going to take some time to adjust right??

it may just be adjusting to your new "regimen"

See what happens after 3 or 4 weeks.

I've heard it takes about 30 days for your skin to "turnover" new cells. So maybe wait that long to see a difference.

In the meantime make sure you're drinking enough water and getting enough fat in your diet. Both help with skin hydration. Don't take excessively hot showers...it's drying.

goodluck and be patient.

Your skin probably feels dry because your water is more alkaline. Try "rinsing" your face with diluted apple cider vinegar. It definitely helps balance the PH of your skin.

It does take your skin some time to adjust. But once it does you won't ever have to think about moisturizing or using soap because you won't need it.

You can start trying the oil cleansing method if you'd like. I do it every couple of days and it helps unclog pores. i use a mixure of cold-pressed castor oil, jojoba oil and a few drops of lavender oil. After gently massaging the oil into my face for about 10 minutes, I used a clean and rinsed washcloth to gently buff away the oil.

I also recommend only letting cold water on your face. I take warm showers and I try not to let the water hit my face. It definitely helps reduce redness and inflammation.