Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
babbs

How should I get off sallyic acid?

I posted this in the other forum but got no responses, so I'm going to try here.

In June I started a salyllic acid (2%) face wash morning/evening and BP at night. I have been clear for a month and stopped BP since the past 3 weeks. I'm currently alternating between AHA and Retin-A to get rid of the marks/pigmentation.

I am also using the same facewash (neutrogena oil free, 2% sayllic acid) morning and evening. So, its been 4-5 months on the wash.

I'm not sure if its good for my skin to continue with the wash? I don't break out anymore, and I want to slowly get off it and switch to a normal face wash which is healthy for skin. So, my questions are

1. Is it bad to only use a sayllic acid wash - that too for 5 months?

2. What is a good mild facewash product to switch to? Something thats good for skin.

Additionally - considering this is the mark forum -- I'm using AHA and Retin-a ... my skin is peeling off and marks are fading (slowly). Is there anything else anyone can recommend? I have tried lemon juice and the egg+lemon pack and broke out from both. I'm not yet convinced about ACV + Baking soda, I think that might be too harsh. I'm considering regular Extra virgin olive oil... any great success stories?

Thank you very much.

Edited by babbs