Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lu lu belle

for the first time i've started canceling plans....

wow..... i never thought i'd ever stop living my life because of my acne. i've had acne for years, have been around here for years, only had perfect skin while on birth control. (although the other side effects weren't worth it.) i quit birth control a few months ago, and now my skin's blown up. i haven't had acne this bad in over 3 years. i've started canceling my plans with people, dates, etc., because i feel so awful about myself.

i know i need to just get over myself and continue living my life, but it's just not that easy.... sigh. i know it'll eventually clear up, it's just hard to be patient in the meantime.

lol if i can stop covering my face with my hand than you can live life, what someone told me who gives a fuck what people think and ever since that day.......

i cancelled a lot too.... I just don't need to see people with clear skin with no scar up close......

but i know it's a bad thing to do.

Be careful not to make it a habit. Don't start cutting yourself off from people.

thanks guys. yeah, i'm way too social to be doing this, and i know it's making me miss out on things i really enjoy and want to do. just venting and having people understand makes me feel better.

After a long battle with acne I was happily clear for a few years. About a month ago it started to come back, really bad. I'm now on the Regimen but battling through some awful breakouts. My face looks so sore at the moment. I've cancelled so many plans over the past month it's ridiculous, it's really not like me because I'm such an outgoing person usually. I hate it.

I know how you feel and things will get better just be patient, just make yourself look as nice as possible so that you feel confident and maybe make more of an effort in other areas of your appearance to compensate for your bad skin. For example, I love my clothes so I make quite an effort in outfits etc. It might make you feel a bit more confident so you don't miss out. Chin up :)

Guest DireStraits

Last summer here in Aus, I started breaking out like crazy (I dont think my skin can handle high temps) and there was no way in Hell I would let anyone see me in this state. This is when I first started cancelling plans, if there was a 21st or a mate invited me to the movies- you name the event I would make up some BS excuse. I practically spent my whole summer alone but in hindsight it had to be done cause my face was an absolute mess.

I was so pissed off, "here we go again" I thought but I managed a way to channel my frustration through going outside and getting active, just going for jogs at my local oval etc.

Anway right now my acne has subsided a BIT, but its better compared to the horror show I endured last summer. At the moment the only events I goto are small parties with my closest friends cause I've come to realise they're used to my skin. If theres a massive party going on then chances are I ain't going.

Sucks, but I know what you're going through all the best.

Edited by DireStraits