Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jviwktub

Accutane with very mild acne

ACCUTANE DAY FOUR

hey guys i just started taking accutane last thursday. I have very mild acne but I'm pretty prone to scarring so I want this burden to finally be over with. I have now taken a total of four pills and I've noticed that the existing 5 pimples i had on my face have shrunk to nothing in a matter of 2 days, but i can also feel the accutane pushing up very very small papules which are painful but bearly noticeable...my lips are also pretty dry but i still believe my face and lips were much more dry while i was on duac and tazorac

DAY 5

still the same..just reduced size on my existing pimples and a few new very tiny pimples around the lip..nothing too noticeable though

DAY 8

ugh, very bad IB just around the left side of my upper lip....overall the rest of my skin seems much smoother and my pores are pretty much microscopic

cons:

extremely dry skin

breaking out around lips

DAY 9

well i'm pretty happy because the cluster of pimples I had cleared significantly except for a couple, but they're harmless...I also noticed my skin texture is becoming more smooth every day.

cons:

dryness of the skin keeps getting worse

hair texture is different, but not too bad

nose is very dry and itchy on the inside

DAY 11

still breaking out especially around the chin and lips...i also have a few more on my jaw line as well.

the initial breakout sucks but it'll be worth it in the end

cons:

small break out

very dry flaking

chapped lips

dry nose

just read through your log and i pretty much have the same problem as you. (mild to moderate with the prone to scarring). Just wondering if you had any problems getting a derm to give u tane since you say your acne is only mild. Also what kind of dosage are you taking. Good luck with everything,

hey guys, as of now im on 20mg a day and when I brought accutane up to my dermatologist she was completely on board because for about a year I have been trying topicals like aczone (no change at all), duac and tazorac in conjunction with solodyn and i've really had no improvement with those and I want to be clear once and for all :P.

Guest Rocky666
Why didn't you just do Dan's Regimen. Accutane really should only be used for cyst acne that is moderate/severe.

Not really, if you have very persistent and bothersome acne, prone to scarring then some derms will prescribe it because accutane has been shown at low doses such as 10mg and 20mg to get rid of mild acne and not have it come back.....

DAY 13

Thank you, today is actually a pretty good day. I was prescribed clindamycin last night and this morning my initial breakout is about 90% subsided except for a few that i'm going to get injected with cortisone for shortly. So hopefully the worst is over for the IB :P

Do you happen to have any pictures of before you started accutane? My skin has mild acne but is also prone to scarring so I wanted to see if I would be able to get put on accutane as well.

damn :(

oh well, ill just go and ask for it anyway.

How dry does our skin get? Dry to the point where it is flaking? The only thing I'm worried about is the extremity of the dryness.

DAY 14

yeah bleh it does get pretty flakey, especially around the corner of my lips but I apply neutrogena oil-free moisturizer every few hours and it really helps

Today my skin is looking much better, almost back to pre-accutane. I noticed that since my IB which ended on day 11 I believe, I haven't got any new pimples and the ones I did get rapidly healed, like much faster than my acne has ever healed before. I'm really hoping that my face keeps improving by the day, but I'm nervous I may receive another IB when I up my dosage in December, but whatever :P.

DAY 15

Today is looking mostly good except for two new small pimples, not too much to worry over though. I hope I can stay clear for the weekend, last weekend I was too mortified to go out haha :(. Let me know if you have any questions, bye.

DAY 16

The dryness was a killer today :P. Besides that my face is pretty much perfectly clear with one active pimple. The only problem I have it that my black heads on my nose are looking pretty dark, but hopefully they're on their way out.

hey guys, as of now im on 20mg a day and when I brought accutane up to my dermatologist she was completely on board because for about a year I have been trying topicals like aczone (no change at all), duac and tazorac in conjunction with solodyn and i've really had no improvement with those and I want to be clear once and for all :P.

\

I'm in the same exact boat! i have been on all of those and have had mild acne since I was 11 I'm now 20 and I just want it to be clear once and for all to. I have a derm appt. for next monday and I'm going to bring up accutane, hopefully i get the same response that your derm gave you. I'm just ready to stop dealing with this!!

good luck cutiepie! the first two weeks were hell but it was very worth it

DAY 17

still remaining very clear and slightly dry. None of the side effects are too bad just a little dryness

DAY 19

got a few new very small pimples on the cheeks, nothing too bad. My lips are also not as dry anymore and same with my face, the only problem is my eyes which tend to burn throughout the day. Overall things are looking real good and my next derm appointment is next thursday

Hi, I have a very mild acne and I want to take accutane as well.. I can see you are doing really well.. I'm so scared of the side effects and initial breakout.. Do you have any IB? How bad is it?

hey ros,

yeah i had a pretty bad IB, probably the worst my face has ever been especially around the lips and chin...it only lasted for about a week though and now my face is clear with just a few pimples

DAY 22

still doin good, going in for the blood work tomorrow i hope there are no problems

Hi, i have just started today for pretty mild acne but ye im prone to scarring and i was just wondering ur dosage? cs im taking 20 mg a day and i was wondering if its enough- thanks

Edited by AR93