Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pandaboy

Doesn't it make you angry . . .

So I'm on my couch having a nice night in, watching a movie and up comes another one of those Clearasil ads (I immediately roll my eyes). Anyway this latest ad promises "Clearer skin within 4 hours or money your money back!!".

Seriously, how do these profit-hungry companies continue to get away with this crap?? I have never had any product make much of a difference over 24 hours let alone 4 hours. Any claim like this is just total BS.

The Clearasil's and Proactive's of this world can all go rot in hell.

They target their products to those people with perfect skin that suddenly get 1 tiny little red bump.

not only, it looks better in 4hours but after that you will breakout and it will be worse...

not only, it looks better in 4hours but after that you will breakout and it will be worse...

Ya i saw one the other day and i believe it was clearasil or something, but was a zap it pen or whatever. Where you just mark your pimples with it and make them go away. Wow biggest load of shit i ever saw. These commercials make me sick.

tons of ads makes me mad, the words they use are always misleading....

they (the commercials and also the people who make and support them :evil: )should be banned from the world

So I'm on my couch having a nice night in, watching a movie and up comes another one of those Clearasil ads (I immediately roll my eyes). Anyway this latest ad promises "Clearer skin within 4 hours or money your money back!!".

Seriously, how do these profit-hungry companies continue to get away with this crap?? I have never had any product make much of a difference over 24 hours let alone 4 hours. Any claim like this is just total BS.

The Clearasil's and Proactive's of this world can all go rot in hell.

I know what you mean.

Any time I'm watching the telly, and one of those adverts come on, i have to walk out of the room.

And another think I hate about these adverts is the fact that they get models with the most beautifully flawless skin to appear on these clearasil etc adverts. Honestly, they have no consderation for how people with skin issues will react when viewing the adverts. pff

I hate how those models for acne products have perfect skin to begin with....

recently Chanel has this commercial on tv, selling anti-aging cream that can lift your sagging skin up from within.... Gosh the model is so young!

and then I absolutely hate those hair products commercial.

Not even celebrities spending tons of money to go on the red carpet have sparkling shinny hair like that! urghhh.

I know!! :doh: Isn't that the most annoying thing EVER? When you're just watching TV and an acne commercial just HAS to come on. It makes me feel very awkward. Models with seemingly perfect skin (and either they've caked on the make-up, they are on TV after all, or they never had acne problems in the first place) have the guts to guarantee you a cure. I can still hear Jessica Simpson in the Proactiv commercial "Just a little dab, that's all you need"... yeah, right. :liar:

I agree with masg, these acne products are targeted towards audiences with near perfect skin but still feel self conscious. :crazy2: And that's why this frustrates people like us. :blush: Good topic.

I hate how those models for acne products have perfect skin to begin with....

recently Chanel has this commercial on tv, selling anti-aging cream that can lift your sagging skin up from within.... Gosh the model is so young!

and then I absolutely hate those hair products commercial.

Not even celebrities spending tons of money to go on the red carpet have sparkling shinny hair like that! urghhh.

I totally agree... just about everything from skin & hair commercials, magazine covers, to weight loss ads, there's a LOT of false advertising out there. A lot of it is also computer/technology edited. It gives viewers low esteems, since we wish we could look like that. And apparently people buy it... after all, they're still in business! :shrug:

UGH I just saw that add as well. That made me so angry, I feel sorry for the people wasting there money on it too. Im guessing its aimed at people with mild acne though, not really severe.

I dont like them because it gives people without skin problems the wrong idea and makes our problems seem way simpler then they really are....and then some stupid people without any skin problems use the product and think it works!! duh.....you never had a problem to begin with

If anyone is interested, mario badescu is offering a contest on their website under their acne section to pick 5 people to give them personalized skin care regimens free of cost. Someone will actually talk to you and find out your skin care needs and provide you with a regimen that they feel will work for you. If anyone is interested check it out.

They make me feel like crap. I've used Proactive, so whenever the commercial comes up, I get embarassed. I'm ashamed I'm not one of the "success" stories. I feel awful. I've hardly had any success with any of those products, so I feel like I'm a dud in society. Fail.

Meh, kinda makes me feel like an outcast. If the acne those people have is considered "bad", I'm out of control..

I know, right!?

I had a friend who had one pimple on her cheek have the audacity to quite seriously say to me "I think I'm getting adult acne"

Are you kidding me!?

I'm glad I'm not the only person who notices this. Granted some of the people on these commercials do have ance but most of the time I'd kill to have skin as good as the people in the commercials.

Thorpedo

Guest Rocky666

What I hate more than all of that is the fact that they play the commercials over and over and over again. I don't know how many times I've seen that damn 2 for 1 Proactiv commercial and all those people talking about how Proactiv saved their skin. They won't be saying that when 6 months to a year from now they're suffering the worst breakout of their lives. I honestly think the reason why Proactiv is cutting so many of these 2 for 1 and get a gift deals is because their products are no longer working and they need to get rid of it as fast as possible.