Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Valena

Acne for 5 years, close to beating it

I started having acne when I was 15, it wasnt bad, but embarrasing, and it just got worse every year until now, im 20. I wont go through the whole "its been such a plague on my life" beacuse im preaching to the choir.

I just wanted to share some tips on things that I thought I knew, things I did, and what really seemed to work.

Ive found the misconceptions are everywhere. At the first level people believed acne was from dirt and all I needed to do was wash my face with plenty of soap. So heres me 15 using bars of soap and rough towels to wash my face rigorousl ever day. Disclaimer-do not try this at home please

Then I entered the world of products. This and that cream and lotion, more chemicals being pumped into my face. Yet again acne gets worse, and again dont try at home, ever.

Then the fine world of the truley enlightened. Herbal remidies. Drink this tea, apply that nut oil. These "seemed" to help. But in my opinion if I didnt have acne they would of made my skin look better, so them making my skin look better when I have acne was nice, but didnt solve my problem

So onto what worked.

I tried the 3 day apple fast. Twice. And I noticed that when I did that, my acne seemed to subside, but not go away.

They say to try apples or red grapes, so I thought, "gee, ill see what grapes do for me" And im glad I did, after going on a red grape fast and then eating healthy ammounts of red grapes every day afterwords to compliment my diet my acne made the biggest noticable improvement in 5 years.

Then I realized I got break outs after having dairy of any kind, or grain(bread) products of any kind. I think its the yeast. So then I cut out dairy and bread. Another big improvment.

I am a mixed martial artist so my diet now consists of fruit, mostly apples and bananas, and chicken breast and brown rice.

I have had no real break outs, one or two everytime I cheat on my diet.

However its not all over, I still have this red apperance like there is patches of blood under my skin, when I first wake in the morning it seems like they go away but throughout the day they come back. Once I can remove my die-hard blackheads and get rid of these red marks ill have defeated this curse once and for all.

So just to recap whats worked for me

A diet of just chicken, rice, fruit, water.

No sugars/grease/fat

No Dairy

No yeast/grains

No topicals of ANY kind(Really important, your body makes everything it needs, let it do its job, my biggest improvments came in suppliment of putting away my chemicals)

Constant exercise - the sweat helps remove toxins that cause acne

Try these, many youve heard before, hope they work for you

I started having acne when I was 15, it wasnt bad, but embarrasing, and it just got worse every year until now, im 20. I wont go through the whole "its been such a plague on my life" beacuse im preaching to the choir.

I just wanted to share some tips on things that I thought I knew, things I did, and what really seemed to work.

Ive found the misconceptions are everywhere. At the first level people believed acne was from dirt and all I needed to do was wash my face with plenty of soap. So heres me 15 using bars of soap and rough towels to wash my face rigorousl ever day. Disclaimer-do not try this at home please

Then I entered the world of products. This and that cream and lotion, more chemicals being pumped into my face. Yet again acne gets worse, and again dont try at home, ever.

Then the fine world of the truley enlightened. Herbal remidies. Drink this tea, apply that nut oil. These "seemed" to help. But in my opinion if I didnt have acne they would of made my skin look better, so them making my skin look better when I have acne was nice, but didnt solve my problem

So onto what worked.

I tried the 3 day apple fast. Twice. And I noticed that when I did that, my acne seemed to subside, but not go away.

They say to try apples or red grapes, so I thought, "gee, ill see what grapes do for me" And im glad I did, after going on a red grape fast and then eating healthy ammounts of red grapes every day afterwords to compliment my diet my acne made the biggest noticable improvement in 5 years.

Then I realized I got break outs after having dairy of any kind, or grain(bread) products of any kind. I think its the yeast. So then I cut out dairy and bread. Another big improvment.

I am a mixed martial artist so my diet now consists of fruit, mostly apples and bananas, and chicken breast and brown rice.

I have had no real break outs, one or two everytime I cheat on my diet.

However its not all over, I still have this red apperance like there is patches of blood under my skin, when I first wake in the morning it seems like they go away but throughout the day they come back. Once I can remove my die-hard blackheads and get rid of these red marks ill have defeated this curse once and for all.

So just to recap whats worked for me

A diet of just chicken, rice, fruit, water.

No sugars/grease/fat

No Dairy

No yeast/grains

No topicals of ANY kind(Really important, your body makes everything it needs, let it do its job, my biggest improvments came in suppliment of putting away my chemicals)

Constant exercise - the sweat helps remove toxins that cause acne

Try these, many youve heard before, hope they work for you

I basically read my own life for past 2years. Sure its a lot less time, the acne just happened to hit the worst possible time when going into uni (and im not martial artis other sports yes). The worst part is over now, horrible red marks & 1-2whiteheads anymore time to time.

I basically eat chicken, dark rice/dark pasta, fruits, and 3-6bottles of water each day. Noticed the exact same thing with dairys, 1youghurt & I could see the results afterwards in morning.

I currently use in morning cold water to wash & moisturiser, in evening soft cleaner+samething.

No topicals at all? and lot of hard excercise?

I was kind of under impression that hard excercise, generating the male hormone thing or so, might help in negative way but dont know. Might be worth a try.

I just cant get rid of those few time-to-time whiteheads which come randomly...

The red marks are such a hellish thing. Specially when im a bit afraid to use peeling stuff since past few times it has caused few extra whiteheads, or so it seems.

Edited by fasdf

Awesome post and I"ve noticed a huge difference in eating right. Most of the foods and medications I take are basically poison for my body. Many foods we eat have alot of cures for our common illnesses. But, with a society of convience and one thats fast past, We begin to neglect things such as diet. It was so hard at first, to give up alot of the foods I became accustom to eating for more healthier choices but once i got into the routine, it' just became like second nature (we were meant to adopt to our surroundings). Especially, knowing it was going to help my acne and i was being proactive in treating it help alot aswell.. It's like the ole saying "you are what you eat"..

Since you don't eat bread, have you tried eziekel bread? I was thinking about trying it as a subsitute for reg. bread. It doesn't have the gluten in it.

Awesome post and I"ve noticed a huge difference in eating right. Most of the foods and medications I take are basically poison for my body. Many foods we eat have alot of cures for our common illnesses. But, with a society of convience and one thats fast past, We begin to neglect things such as diet. It was so hard at first, to give up alot of the foods I became accustom to eating for more healthier choices but once i got into the routine, it' just became like second nature (we were meant to adopt to our surroundings). Especially, knowing it was going to help my acne and i was being proactive in treating it help alot aswell.. It's like the ole saying "you are what you eat"..

Since you don't eat bread, have you tried eziekel bread? I was thinking about trying it as a subsitute for reg. bread. It doesn't have the gluten in it.

No I havent tried it, but id love to find a bread that doesnt make me break out, i love bakery goods like no ones buisness. I want to find a wrap style bread i can make chicken fahitas out of.

fasdf.

I found that topicals like misturizers just take away my skins ability to fight for itself. I have exkima, therefore dry skin. So id moisterize all the time to get rid of the painful dryness. But then after a few days(weeks) of no mositerizing (and wearing clothes to bed) my body started making oils again.

Now heres an intresting twist id like to share that sounds kinda weird.

I always hated wearing clothes in bed growing up, I sleep in the nude lol. But I found when I slept in cotton, i slept better, sounder, and woke up with a nice film of oils secreting from my body. No, not in a gross way, in a healthy moisterizing way. For a dude with dry skin it was heaven. I still dont always go to bed in clothes, it feels weird, but i try to often, for some unknown reason to me, it helps my skin.

Topicals like BP and SA.

I do use these SOMETIMES. I have a bad break out I use them to curb more breaking out and speed up recovery. I dont think it actually works that way though, they never really seem to do much. Naps during the day is the best cure for red marks ive found to date.

One topical I do use and swear it helps a bit, is green tea. I drink it. I think it tastes great. And then I squeeze out the tea bag onto my hand, and rub it on like lotion. Sometimes I mix in with aloe vera. Again I dont have proof that this helps, but it seems too, and it makes sence that the herbs would aid your skin in...someway lol, they are frichen herbs, they are supposed to be healthy.

A few more notes that may help people

Acne is like a messanger not a battle. Acne is the guy telling you you lost the war, not the war itself. Acne is saying somethings wrong fix me. Therefore I treat it like a disease. What do you do when you have a disease? Make sacrafices. If your allergic to peanut butter you avoid peanut butter. If your lactse intolerant you avoid dairy. Now the problem with acne(for those of us who believe it diet orientated) is that eating these bad foods doesnt seriously hurt us like allergens so we get tempted to eat it. Get in the mental mindset that yes, these foods are killing you, itll make it easier to avoid them.

Also, a little renaming trick I use to avoid problems foods. Rename choclate bars - Zit Bars. Or call the ice cream asile in the grocery store the acne aile. Giving these negative images to foods we crave helps us avoid them in molments of weakness.

Dude are u doing MMA? because I am and ever since I start doing it. Cause your sweating like crazy with other guys in the gym.

but im about 99% Cured from pimples.. and 85% cured from red marks because all I did was..

-Shower in the morning (Cleanse)

-Drink louds of water (like 10 bottles of Fiji water) Going to the bathroom every 15 mins gets annoying lol.

-Eating a lot of fruits (Grapes, Oranges, Apples, etc)

-Eating Tomoatos (Good 4 the skin)

-Be Happy knowning your face is improving

-Dont get any Pork (Bad 4 U)

-Don't overload on Red meat. (Chicken is best)

-Don't eat junk food. If your hungry and need something junkie. eat some mints lol

-No Milk or cheese

Dude are u doing MMA? because I am and ever since I start doing it. Cause your sweating like crazy with other guys in the gym.

but im about 99% Cured from pimples.. and 85% cured from red marks because all I did was..

-Shower in the morning (Cleanse)

-Drink louds of water (like 10 bottles of Fiji water) Going to the bathroom every 15 mins gets annoying lol.

-Eating a lot of fruits (Grapes, Oranges, Apples, etc)

-Eating Tomoatos (Good 4 the skin)

-Be Happy knowning your face is improving

-Dont get any Pork (Bad 4 U)

-Don't overload on Red meat. (Chicken is best)

-Don't eat junk food. If your hungry and need something junkie. eat some mints lol

-No Milk or cheese

Yeah im in mma. Your right, sweating helps alot. Toxins that otherwise would remain in your skin are removed via the sweat. + it tightens pores like nothing out. Old women who want to tighen their skin should join MMA, it tightens skin like nothing else :D

Sorry I had to give a mental image of an old woman cage fighting. Too funny.

@eyes like mine

Remember. Apples are good for you, so the apple fast is a decent way to try and remove acne however, red grapes all pure digestion heaven. Thats why people swear a glass of red wine a day keeps them healthy. Red grapes are gods gift to mankind. After eating nothing but red grapes for 3 days and then eating them regularly after that will do nothing BUT make your skin improve. I swear by it.

Edited by Valena