Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was prescribed benzaclin back in january. I always used it as a spot treatement and it did help get rid of my pimples fast. I was just recently informed that this can be used as a all over topical everyday as demipuppy told me.

I know now that your only suppose to use this for 3 months and i did not know that but it still works to this day to get rid of my pimple just not as good of course and boy does it stink now. It also will be all flaky and white crust will form when i start to stretch my mouth like eating or talking. I can not remember if it did that when i first got it.

My question is is there anyone else that used it as an everyday topical all over with success and did it ever flake up or become white looking and dry?

I was prescribed benzaclin back in january. I always used it as a spot treatement and it did help get rid of my pimples fast. I was just recently informed that this can be used as a all over topical everyday as demipuppy told me.

I know now that your only suppose to use this for 3 months and i did not know that but it still works to this day to get rid of my pimple just not as good of course and boy does it stink now. It also will be all flaky and white crust will form when i start to stretch my mouth like eating or talking. I can not remember if it did that when i first got it.

My question is is there anyone else that used it as an everyday topical all over with success and did it ever flake up or become white looking and dry?

bump

I, just like you, used it for 3 months.

Magically, after 3 months straight, it stopped working ( I used it at spot treament )...

By the way my derm told me only to put it at night and wash thoroughly the next morning for some reason...

Wouldn't suggest you to use it all over the face. You could create a mess....

Guest Rocky666

I'm on month 3 of using Benzaclin and I'm supposed to be using it 2x a day but I've been slacking since my 2 1/2 month mark, but even using it at night and sometimes in the morning my skin is still great. I use it all over and at first it made me kinda flaky but after 1 month it went away.

what are you suppose to do after the 3 months is over?

Get another 3 month rx for it

what are you suppose to do after the 3 months is over?

Get another 3 month rx for it

My benzaclin is brand new and when i still use it around chin and start to eat or stretch my mouth in in little way it will always start to dry up to a white paste and be really noticable. Benzaclin works great for me but i dont see how you can still use as a topical all over. My face would look chalky and pasty as hell. I try to apply as thin as possible. Like i said thou it doesn't start to show until skin starts to move or stretch a little, and thats kinda impossible for me to do when its on chin and around mouth :S

Any suggestions?

That stuff is extremely drying, I have some and I dont use it for more than spot treatment.

I know which makes me wonder and ask the question of how others have stated they use it all over? :S

That stuff is extremely drying, I have some and I dont use it for more than spot treatment.

I know which makes me wonder and ask the question of how others have stated they use it all over? :S

Yeah, I was shocked to see people saying they use it all over, they must have skin made of rock.

Yeah, I was shocked to see people saying they use it all over, they must have skin made of rock.

bump

I was prescribed benzaclin (and tazorac, and minocycline 150mg) back in February so I'd been using it all over my face for 6 months. I've never heard of only using it for 3 months. My dermatologist just told me to use it every morning. Well it never hurt, but would turn my whole face a flaky white, but that's why I had a moisturizer so I could just get rid of the white. WELL, at the end of August it began to burn more and more every day and then one day it burnt more than anything I've ever touched and I thought my face was bleeding and melting off. SO I haven't touched Benzaclin since.

I was prescribed benzaclin (and tazorac, and minocycline 150mg) back in February so I'd been using it all over my face for 6 months. I've never heard of only using it for 3 months. My dermatologist just told me to use it every morning. Well it never hurt, but would turn my whole face a flaky white, but that's why I had a moisturizer so I could just get rid of the white. WELL, at the end of August it began to burn more and more every day and then one day it burnt more than anything I've ever touched and I thought my face was bleeding and melting off. SO I haven't touched Benzaclin since.

Ya once you mix the solution of the BP and clindamycin it is only good for 3 months, so that is probably why it started to burn for you. Did it start to have a smell? That is a sign that it has gone bad too.

If i was you i would get a new mix of it, that is if it was working at preventing acne for you before. I guess i never tried the moisturizer over the benzaclin. Always thought it wouldnt do its job with moisturizer on top.