Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
klp11289

Anyone here carbohydrate ADDICTED?

I find myself CRAVING carbohydrates... any kind and every kind... bread, pasta, cookies, sugar, candy, cakes, ... all grains... and even fruit... even some types of artificial sweetners... hence my obsession with diet sodas and sugar free redbull.rockstar energy drinks.... ITS BAD. Any one else here can u relate to this? I feel like a complete whack job but i hope im not the only one...

Do you eat in binges?... it takes one poptart for me to trigger sugar/carb binges for 2 weeks + ! and every so often I will have the ability to start the low carb acne diet for my skin (which is a sugar induced mess) and oddly enough I have had GREAT results in terms of hollistically healing my acne with a low carb diet excluding everything but lean meats, low glycemic veggies, and moderate amounts of healthy fats.... I CANNOT eat anything else or my blood sugar is retarded and it ruins my face badly. Im tiny.. I loose a lot of body fat like this but my face looks so pretty when i can.

I have no willpower so i fluctuate between dieting/bineging... I hear this is an insulin disorder?

I went to carbohydrateaddicts.com (LOL) and took the quiz... i scored a perfect 10... lol. not funny though i want to be able to stick to a diet so i can get clear for halloween :(

Please share your stories/advice I need some assistance here :wub:

I'm pretty sure artificial sweeteners are not carbs and have no effect on blood glucose levels.

Anyway, yes I have a somewhat similar problem. I can't buy chocolate, cookies, cake etc in large amounts because i will eat it all in one sitting. But my binging is emotional or because Im bored- is there a reason why you binge? Often people use binge eating as a way of coping with some problem, you should do some research and perhaps see someone to talk about it. I find that keeping a journal helps acknowledge whatever is upsetting me.

Going low carb is probably making things worse. Because you cut all carbs from your diet you are more likely to crave them and go overboard. I loooovve chocolate but now I only buy dark chocolate which i can't binge on (far to rich) but still enjoy. I helps me enjoy one chocolate bar as a treat and not go out and buy more because i deprived myself. There are low GI carbs - porridge, some breads, pasta, short grain rice. Definitely start eating these, carbs are VERY important for your body!

As for the insulin disorder - the only insulin disorder you can have (to my knowledge, besides hypoglycemia i guess) is diabetes. If you are overweight then its possible you have type2, however from reading this I doubt you do. If you don't have diabetes then I doubt it has anything to do with BGL, your pancreas is able to measure out exactly what it needs. Have you considered gluten or something else to be the problem? It doesn't sound normal that carbs break you out so badly - see a doctor or a dietrican right away!

Guest DireStraits

Yeah i totally hear ya dude,

I find myself craving breads and pasta when I come back home from uni, although I am a very active person I play a heap of sport so at the same time I need those carbs for energy.

I have a slight hunch if I lower my carb intake I might see a little improvement in my acne but not as big a difference when I cut out sugar.

I'm pretty sure artificial sweeteners are not carbs and have no effect on blood glucose levels.

Anyway, yes I have a somewhat similar problem. I can't buy chocolate, cookies, cake etc in large amounts because i will eat it all in one sitting. But my binging is emotional or because Im bored- is there a reason why you binge? Often people use binge eating as a way of coping with some problem, you should do some research and perhaps see someone to talk about it. I find that keeping a journal helps acknowledge whatever is upsetting me.

Going low carb is probably making things worse. Because you cut all carbs from your diet you are more likely to crave them and go overboard. I loooovve chocolate but now I only buy dark chocolate which i can't binge on (far to rich) but still enjoy. I helps me enjoy one chocolate bar as a treat and not go out and buy more because i deprived myself. There are low GI carbs - porridge, some breads, pasta, short grain rice. Definitely start eating these, carbs are VERY important for your body!

As for the insulin disorder - the only insulin disorder you can have (to my knowledge, besides hypoglycemia i guess) is diabetes. If you are overweight then its possible you have type2, however from reading this I doubt you do. If you don't have diabetes then I doubt it has anything to do with BGL, your pancreas is able to measure out exactly what it needs. Have you considered gluten or something else to be the problem? It doesn't sound normal that carbs break you out so badly - see a doctor or a dietrican right away!

I should have explained myself better sorry. I mean i cannot eat any carbohydrate at all without getting cravings that make me want to binge on all the starches/sweets except for vegetables of the low glycemic type. so even if i eat pasta/oatmeal/fruit it makes it worse actually. i crave more and more and more. low carb sucks for the first two weeks... my family has seen how bad it is. I am a monster but after that I am energetic and craving free and acne free. but its a blue moon when i get the willpower to strap in for those two weeks though. I sort of always had this problem... more so when i put on a few pounds or was not exercising i think thats why it may be insulin related. I think thats good advice though... my blood sugar i feel is always swinging. i am definately hypoglycemic too so i am making an appointment to be tested for blood sugar abnormalities/triglycerides/insulin related abnormalities. thanks!

I am extremely due to candida...

you might be suffering as well.

I highly suggest you look into

Healing Naturally

Changed my life.

It blowsss... and great advice i love how i feel on the anti candida diet... however... how do you get past the initial craving stage and stick with it? I mean my god I have been trying to get the balls to do it again and its been six months of try & give up! Im 5'1, 100 lbs and just petite all over... and i eat more than most 200 pound men in a day. its sick. disturbing actually. I always joke that dessert goes to my face not my a$$ :) thats not funny though. i hate acne

Ps. i like your quote - gold really cant buy you health

Edited by klp11289

Yeah i totally hear ya dude,

I find myself craving breads and pasta when I come back home from uni, although I am a very active person I play a heap of sport so at the same time I need those carbs for energy.

I have a slight hunch if I lower my carb intake I might see a little improvement in my acne but not as big a difference when I cut out sugar.

I definately saw an improvement in severity when I cut out sugar... but anything thats a carbohydrate eventually gets converted into sugars in your body. its just that sugar doesnt even need the conversion and it definately whacks out my face. I think if you have candida/insulin issues you would do well replacing all those high glycemic carbs with low glycemic vegetables... but i do agree its SO tough and it may hurt your energy for sports at first. One thing i found gives me amazing energy is extra virgin coconut oil. i get almost a burst of energy that stays stable all day. if you ever want to give it a try def. include coconut oil it helps with energy but not cravings :(

I am extremely due to candida...

you might be suffering as well.

I highly suggest you look into

Healing Naturally

Changed my life.

It blowsss... and great advice i love how i feel on the anti candida diet... however... how do you get past the initial craving stage and stick with it? I mean my god I have been trying to get the balls to do it again and its been six months of try & give up! Im 5'1, 100 lbs and just petite all over... and i eat more than most 200 pound men in a day. its sick. disturbing actually. I always joke that dessert goes to my face not my a$$ :) thats not funny though. i hate acne

Ps. i like your quote - gold really cant buy you health

for cravings I recommend proteins like chicken strips and boiled eggs

and electrolyte drink with vitamin c.

helps alot to avoid binging.

I know it is very testing

its one of the hardest things I have ever tried to commit too.

but in the long run

its the best investment you can make towards better health

and life all together.

you should join the support group on bee's site.

i have found it to be very helpful.

good luck!

wish you the best!

omg dude, when I was on the candida diet for like a year and 1/2 to 2.

And not eating any of those things that will "feed" yeast candida.

After I came to a conclusion that this wasn't for me. I ate a whole loaf of bread in one go. Just couldn't stop eating bread after bread after bread slice! Then bags of bagels. Bread after bread. wow, too much fiber! :P

It was sooo good.

Then I had pasta, and all the wheat stuff I can get.

Guess what, the pimples were still the same.

I eat sugar, bam, more pimples.

I just have to not eat much sugar. + I kinda don't like stuff that's too sweat. I've been avoiding it for many years now.

It is like the hardest thing to do. Took me awhile to get adjusted to the diet. Then I stuck with it. To kill some candida that I thought I may have.

Maybe I had it, and I killed it! I'll just eat very low amounts of sugar. Whatever is in bread is alright for me. Just adding sugar from a lot of other stuff. That's a no go for me. HFCS is a must avoid thing.

Oh, I was eating more than most people I knew who were also big. And I'm 6 ft, ~119 lbs +/- 5

Even with bread and pasta, I still don't gain.