Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
trig

Sudden cystic acne after moving. HELP!

I have recently moved and all of a sudden my acne started flaring up pretty badly. There are two things different from where I was before:

1. The place I'm in now uses a water softener and my previous apartment did not.

2. I have terrible allergies in the city I am in now, but I don't know if there is any connection between allergies and acne.

I am writing to see if anyone thinks either of these could be a culprit as to why my skin suddenly started breaking out. I know stress from a move is obviously a factor too, but I have been entirely more stressed than now and have not had near to this drastic of a change in my skin. Any help would be appreciated.

Oh, and I am a 25 year old female, healthy, vegan, and no serious health issues.

is there a different climate? That could also have something to do with it because sometimes people's skin tends to be clearer if you live in a place with less humidity...

hmm... I'm not sure about the water but it makes sense that that could be a factor...

have you changed any facial products or laundry detergents/shampoos or whatnot?